- The SINGER Esports Premier League will consist of 12 franchised teams
- The prize pool is Rs. 1 million
- This years league consists of a solo open qualifier
- Sri Lanka’s top 60 PUBG Mobile players will be chosen through the qualifier
- Players selected from the qualifier will be auctioned to the 12 franchise teams
- Teams will compete in playoffs
- The top 9 teams will take part in Super Weekends and Grand finals
Sri Lanka’s premier Esports company Gamer.LK has announced the SINGER Esports Premier League – a franchise based PUBG Mobile league consisting of 12 teams and a Rs. 1 million prize pool. With over 2,000 Esports athletes expected to compete for a spot in the 12 teams, it is Sri Lanka’s largest Esports league. The event will be held throughout August, September and October of this year. 9 of the franchises are based on the Sri Lankan provinces – Eastern Gladiators, Kadurata Kings, Northern Rangers, Rajarata Giants, Sabaragamuwa Knights, Southern Sharks, Uva Bandits, Wayamba Raiders and Western Warriors.
Esports has been growing at a rapid pace in Sri Lanka over the last decade thanks to Gamer.LK’s consistent efforts in organising tournaments and activities around the sport. There are an estimated 4 million gamers in the country. Esports was recognised by the Sports Ministry of Sri Lanka as the 70th national sport in 2019.
The SINGER Esports Premier League by Gamer.LK will be held completely remotely, with players joining the tournament from the safety of their homes. Esports is a fully digital activity, making it an appropriate sport compatible with the country’s current social distancing and safety guidelines. The league is broken down into 4 phases;
1) OPEN QUALIFIERS, where any gamer in the country can register (epl.lk) and compete. Sri Lanka’s best 60 PUBG Mobile players will be selected from the open qualifier and included in the team auction phase.
2) TEAM AUCTION, is where the qualified players are bid on by team managers and recruited. 4 players and a substitute player will be recruited for each team.
3) PLAY-OFFS, where the 12 teams battle it out for a place in the super-weekend and grand finals.
4) SUPER WEEKEND & GRAND FINALS – the final showdown where the top 9 teams will compete for the Rs. 1 million prize pool and glory!
“The format we have introduced this year enables any gamer across the island to compete and get recruited into one of the 12 franchised teams. With Rs. 1 million up for grabs, and the chance to play with Sri Lanka’s top Esports talent, we’ve created a clear pathway for any aspiring Esports athlete to reach the top and be rewarded for it.” said Raveen Wijayatilake, CEO of Gamer.LK and the founder President of the Sri Lanka Esports Association.
SINGER comes onboard this year as the Title Sponsor of the Esports Premier League. Sri Lankans have come to know SINGER as the go-to location for durable goods for decades. SINGER now takes a bold step forward in catering to the Sri Lankan gaming population to create, maintain and grow their gaming lifestyle – whether you’re an Esports athlete or a casual gamer.
Moose Clothing Company, a big supporter of Sri Lankan Sports, has stepped up to sponsor the Esports league as the Official Clothing partner. Sprite, the Refreshing partner, has come onboard to keep players chilled while they game. 2 high-end Mobile phones are being given away by Sprite during the event for gamers that take part in the Sprite social campaigns held throughout the event. Samsung is the Official Smartphone partner, as players will be competing on mobile devices. Pizza Hut & Taco Bell are the official Food Partners, providing fast delivery of delicious food straight to players’ homes. Dell Gaming, with their lineup of G5, G7 & G15 gaming laptops, is the Gaming Laptop partner. A brand new Dell G15 gaming laptop will be given away during the event. Daraz, another strong supporter of traditional sports, is the Digital Partner for the league.
Gamers interested in taking part can visit epl.lk to register for the open qualifiers. Registrations close on 21st August and qualifiers will begin 28th August.