Gamer.LK Competitive Rules
Last modified: 26 NOVEMBER 2020
This page contains the game-specific rules for Gamer.LK Apex Legends tournaments. These rules must be followed in conjunction with the General Competitive Rules of Gamer.LK Tournaments.
GENERAL COMPETITIVE RULES AT GAMER.LK TOURNAMENTS
The General Competitive Rules can be found here. The general rules listed there apply to all gaming titles and all teams/players who register for any Gamer.LK Competitive tournament are expected to follow them.
1. TOURNAMENT BRACKET
There will be no tournament bracket involved.
2. TOURNAMENT COMMUNICATION
3. PLAYER COMMITMENT
3.1. – By submitting a registration for a Gamer.LK Apex Legends tournament, all players acknowledge without limitation to comply with the rules set herein and especially with the decisions made by the Gamer.LK Staff.
3.2. – All competitors are expected to know and understand all the rules described here. Not knowing that a rule existed or that it was in place will not be considered as an acceptable reason for breaking said rule.
3.3. – Players are allowed to bring their own peripherals including headsets, mouse, keyboard etc.
4. TOURNAMENT FORMAT
4.1. – The tournament will be held on Custom Rooms.
4.2. – Teams will be divided into groups depending on the number of registered teams.
4.3. – The final lobby should only have 20 teams and these teams need to be selected equally from all the groups.
5. MATCH SCHEDULE
5.1. – Players are expected to be present at the exact times for their matches as announced.
5.2. – After groups are made, new players will not be added into any group.
5.3. – Only a 10 minutes grace period will be provided for teams to be present for their matches.
5.4. – Gamer.LK and any Organizers will make every effort to inform players of scheduled match dates and times – but please note it is the responsibility of the players to make sure they arrive on time for their matches. Gamer.LK or any Organizer will not be responsible to inform matches to players individually or provide reminders. Not attending a match due to not being informed of the schedule is NOT an excuse.
6. GAME RULES
6.1. – Game Format
The unique code(s) to join the appropriate Online Tournament Match in Apex Legends will be given to team captains/players via a selected communication method by the GLK Staff. There may be unique codes for each group and round in the tournament.
6.2. – Matchmaking Settings
The following matchmaking settings apply:
– Team Size: 3 players
– Map Pool: World’s Edge (Season 6), Olympus
– Server Location: Singapore
6.3. – Scoring
Scoring will be for each game (i.e. in a best of 3 games, all 3 games will be scored) and be based on each team’s final kill count and in-game placement as set forth below – determined by the official rules of Apex Legends Global Series
1 kill = 1 point
|6 – 7
|8 – 10||2|
|11 – 15||1|
6.5. – Ties
Ties between two teams will be determined in the order of
(a) Single Match Scores across all matches
(b) Single Match Best Placement across all matches
(c) Single Match Total Kills across all matches
7. GAMEPLAY RULES
7.1. – Abuses & Exploitation
Exploiting game or map bugs/glitches/flaws (“exploits”) for the purposes of gaining an unfair advantage is prohibited. Exploits that are not specifically named here are still prohibited but will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Gamer.LK Staff reserve the right to decide what will be deemed as an exploit or abuse.
– Competitors may not exploit a game mechanic to enter and exit the 30-second “out-of-bounds” kill timer.
o Examples of this include repeatedly using a zipline, grapple, portal, balloon, or other character ability to repeatedly enter the same area that activates the “out-of-bounds” timer.
– Competitors may not intentionally exploit one-sided textures on map geometry to block or avoid any incoming damage that would have otherwise connected without the exploited geometry.
– Competitors may not hide inside of map geometry.
– Competitors may not intentionally hide behind invisible walls on the map.
– Competitors may not fire their weapon while in the Downed state.
– Competitors may not fire their weapon while reviving another player.
– Competitors may not exploit a Legend’s ability in order to gain an unintended competitive advantage. Examples of these exploits include:
o Using Mirage’s Vanishing Act to enter the Downed state with the ability to fire a weapon.
o Using Wraith’s Dimensional Rift & Void in combination to reduce the cooldown of Void after respawned.
o Using Wraith’s Dimensional Rift to portal inside map geometry.
o Using any exploit, bug, and/or glitch to reduce the cooldown on a Legend’s ultimate or tactical abilities.
– Competitors may not exploit Weapon Inspect or Reload glitches in order to increase a weapon’s rate of fire. Examples of this rule are:oUsing the Weapon Inspect feature to cancel weapon animations.
o Starting a weapon reload and quickly swapping weapons back to the original weapon.
– Competitors may not intentionally melee loot bins, supply drops, and/or respawn beacons in an effort to launch themselves or other players into the air.
– Players may use a Keyboard and Mouse, a Playstation 4 controller, or an Xbox controller when competing in this Event.
o Players may not utilize Macro functions on an input device.
– Players may not utilize any 3rd party applications or programs that may impact game play or give them an advantage over other Competitors.
– Teams are responsible for their own team communication during the event.
o Teams that participate in the North American and European Regional Finals may be required to join a specific Discord channel for communication during the broadcast
7.3 – Game Files
– Players may only edit the following Game Files
– Players may only add or edit the following line in the Files detailed above
7.4. – Hacking
Hacking or otherwise modifying the intended behavior of the Game client is prohibited.
7.5. – Scripting
The use of scripts are prohibited.
7.6. – Use of Macros
The use of macros are prohibited.
7.7. – Use of Third Party Softwares
The use of any third-party addons, hooks, programs or wrappers that interact with or alter the client, its appearance or behaviour for the purposes of gaining an unfair advantage is prohibited.
7.8. – Impersonations
Impersonating an eligible player by attempting to alias as them, using their account or by any other method is prohibited and will result in the aliasing player and the player they are aliasing as being removed from the tournament.
7.9. – In-game names
Each player must have his/her primary nickname or something very similar as his game name during all matches to be easily identifiable for referees, broadcasters, and viewers. What counts as similar is for the Gamer.LK Staff to decide. The only additional information allowed in a player’s ingame name is clan tags or sponsor names.
7.10. – Collusion
7.10.1. – Collusion, match fixing, bribing a referee or match official, or any other action or agreement to intentionally influence (or attempt to influence) the outcome of any match or Event.
7.10.2. – Other forms of collusion include:
– Teaming: Players working together during the match
– Planned Movement: Agreement between 2 or more opposing players to land at specific locations or to move through the map in a planned way before the match begins.
– Communication: Sending or receiving signals (both verbal and non-verbal) to communicate with opposing players.
– Item Dumping: Intentionally dropping items for an opposing player to collect.
8. MATCH RULES
8.1. – Pauses
There will be no pauses in the game.
8.2. – Disconnects
Matches will continue if players disconnect or fail to load into the game.
8.3. – Technical issues
At LAN tournaments, players should raise their hand and immediately contact Tournament Staff in the event of a Technical Issue. Staff will then assist to rectify the situation and the necessary action. Failure to report issues in a timely manner may cause the issue to be disregarded by the Tournament Staff. At online tournaments, technical issues will not be considered.