Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

king solomon

Yesterday at 09:39:32 pm
yah, today slt came to my shop to offer fiber. I ASKED what am i going to do with NIGHT "GB"..  should i open the shop @ night? they went away.. idiots

Jiehfeng

Yesterday at 07:37:13 pm
So yeah, I was right more or less. The situation is bad, that you can't deny. Having a fibre connection, the speeds are great, but the "GB" prices, man...

king solomon

Yesterday at 06:18:52 pm
it's limited by Greed, they spend billions on advertising rather than Tower Upgrades..

i5hananto

Yesterday at 11:47:44 am
caps started as way to manage congestion but now its mostly about profit. if it was really about congestion bandwidth caps can be applied at only peak times and off peak can be kept unlimited. here is a nice writeup on the matter
https://arstechnica.com/staff/2014/10/analysis-wireless-data-caps-mor

Xenocide

Yesterday at 08:21:47 am
steelseries is sesky.

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 387498
  • Total Topics: 31641
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 378
  • (December 09, 2010, 07:31:23 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 153
Total: 155

Author Topic: IeSF Collaborates with FISU to Take eSports Further  (Read 1649 times)

IeSF Collaborates with FISU to Take eSports Further
« on: May 02, 2017, 02:06:07 pm »
eSports is massively developing in the world. While tournaments boasting millions of dollars’ prize pools take the entire attention, it was not necessarily what eSports needed to be recognized as an actual sport in the world. However, International eSports Federation (IeSF) took a step further in recognizing eSports by signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) agreement with the International University Sports Federation (FISU) to bring eSports to students as well as to formalize cyber-games similar to physical sports.

At the SportAccord Convention 2017 held this April in Aarhus, Denmark, both federations have discussed further about the agreement and has come up to mutual terms to follow in taking this partnership forward. The first collaboration will be IeSF supporting FISU’s existing FISU WEB GAMES, an online platform hosting competitions, contests, knowledge, sports, entertainment, and educational needs for students worldwide. IeSF is looking to share their knowledge of eSports across the massive network to promote eSports worldwide. In the process, IeSF looks forward to build general rules and regulations for eSports with the help of FISU.
“We believe that this initiative will support the development of school and university level esports and enhance the ecosystem as a whole. We also hope this will manifest and accelerate the trigger to benefit esports players in gaining access into public and social structures in each country. eSports is a new rising trend among the youth population and we look forward to creating various good cause and universal values with this Partnership”
-Alex Lim, Secretary General of IeSF-

Since being founded in 1949, FISU has been promoting sports to universities worldwide and giving students the opportunity to come forward through sports. It is one of the oldest sports federations in the world and holds over 50 sports competitions and championships globally. As IeSF claims to promote and standardize eSports to the world, the agreement with FISU will be a milestone in the overall development of eSports in the world.

Source Link

By: Binura de Zosysa