Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

SRgamer

Yesterday at 07:31:19 am
i need a team to make a android game using unity. If you like to join send  a gmail to [email protected].  Also I need  to make  android app.  I have  the idea that mean basic concept to make them. So if u like  notify mee.

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:17 am
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:14 am
You read this - it

Show 50 latest
Members
  • Total Members: 19912
  • Latest: A27
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389408
  • Total Topics: 32145
  • Online Today: 200
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 78
Total: 79

Author Topic: Team Liquid captain sitting out of WCG 2008  (Read 15519 times)

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
Team Liquid captain sitting out of WCG 2008
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:13:09 am »
Captain and co-founder of Team Liquid, Dulantha "intdr" Wijesundera, will not be taking part in the World Cyber Games 2008 tournament being held in Germany, due to complications with his German visa.

The rest of the team is currently in Germany considering their options. 'Blade' from Lanka eSports (LES) is accompanying the team as representative of the Sri Lanka strategic parter to WCG, and is in a position to fill in as the 5th player in the team. This enables the otherwise 4-man team to take part in the tournament. The fact that Blade has no competitive CS experience is a worrying factor for the team, and the country. This brings up the question - do we really want to take part in WCG 2008 with an incomplete team? What impression will this give the international gaming community about Team Liquid, and Sri Lankan e-sports in general? The alternate option is to forfeit their first match. This is a tough decision the team will be making in the coming days before their scheduled first match on the 7th of November 2008.

Whatever their decision is, there is no doubt that Team Liquid has gone where no other Sri Lankan Counter-Strike team has gone before. From their humble beginnings on the Gamer.LK Counter-Strike server all the way to the World Cyber Games, what Team Liquid has achieved is a major milestone in Sri Lankan gaming history.

Gamer.LK and the CS community are working together to bring to the world the next 'Team Liquid' for 2009.

Stay tuned to Gamer.LK for more WCG 2008 news.

EDIT: Corrected above thanks to podiman.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:43:36 am by Rav »

Offline Mr.|Godlike

• I got caught cheating at CS
  • Pwnage
  • Real Players Use Guns. AK47+AWP 4EvER
    • View Profile
    • Modern Riots
Re: Team Liquid captain sitting out of WCG 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 05:47:37 am »
even if they loose i say play WCG dont come home without loosing or winning or it will be a waste............

Offline LioN-KoLLA

• Immortal
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE LIoNKoLLA
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 07:58:27 am »
wtf  intruder still here sob its so damen sad !  he must in the team .. wht the hell reason to reject his visa damen..  hes the pearson can leadaup the Team Liquid ... hayyo sad..
Youtube Channel with 85 Million Views and over 39000 Subscribers

Checkout my Youtube Channel for Daily Gaming Video

http://www.youtube.com/user/LioNKoLLA
https://www.facebook.com/LioNKoLLAGaMeR/

Offline podiman

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Competitive Multiplayer Gaming Sri Lanka
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:27:52 am »
Rav! are u mad! Blade HAS played CS before... In fact he was playing with us for sometime but his main game is DotA.. He will be a little rusty in his CS but he can fill in for the 5th person but he will become the weakest link in the team but he will be able to manage it if he work on it... It's really sad that Jungle couldn't make it to Germany... That's a big blow to the team.. But i hope that all of the sri lankan gaming community is happy that a team is representing Sri Lanka in the very least... So GO SRI LANKA!

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:19 am »
Blade HAS played CS before...

Thanks for the correction - what I wrote is actually what I was told by the guys in Germany. Either way the concern here is having players nowhere near international standard representing the country in an international arena. Should Team Liquid take part? Good point to debate. :) Everyones thoughts are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:44:15 am by Rav »

Offline csm1o1

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 09:38:32 am »
i say participate with the "Blade".
it dosen't matter wa happend next.
we all want (well actually not all  !!! ) Liquid to win the CS title. but in the process if they loose it dosen't mater. wa count is patricipation and show to the rest of the world wa SL can bring to the gamimg world in terms of skills,performace and team behaviour in the CS game.
i7 4770, EVGA GTX 970, 2Gb*4 DDR3 ram, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , WD 1TB HD, OCZ agility3 90Gb SSD, OCZ Arc 100 240gb SSD, cooler master elite 430 enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, Samsung TOC 24" LCD,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse.

Offline kaynine

• n00b Alliance
  • Moderator Team
  • Immortal
  • Too Fast Too Furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 09:41:41 am »
I think team liquid must play. Whatever win or loose. I thought intruder solved visa problem and gone with rest of the team. SHIT!!! What is the reason to reject his visa? Damn i had big hope for our team. Now im confussed. Intruder is the one who can lead our team in WGC. From what i heard hes the best player in the team. :no:

PM me - Forum rules - Need help? - Respect fellow gamers

Offline kdoubleal

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • =PnX=
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:21:24 am »
Captain and co-founder of Team Liquid, Dulantha "intdr" Wijesundera, will not be taking part in the World Cyber Games 2008 tournament being held in Germany, due to complications with his German visa.
fuk Germany  (N)
The rest of the team is currently in Germany considering their options. 'Blade'
:yawn: anyway all da best guys  :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:22:59 am by kdoubleal »

Offline xearonsklavesky

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • aaAAa4a4a44a4a4AaAAAAA!
    • View Profile
    • MidEarth
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 10:54:24 am »
My opinion is only the original four liquid members have to play. Mainly as a Dota gamer Blade has very little chance  of coming up to the liquid's competitive level within this couple of days. If he plays he's without no doubt gonna be a weak link. Original team liquid members are like genetically engineered from same DNA. They each know all about the rest of the squad's stats even without telling them and with Blade whom they are not familiar with and at the same time Blade not being familiar with liquid's competitive level... it's gonna be chaos, and it's gonna put a lot of pressure on faiz.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 10:56:15 am by xearonsklavesky »

Offline podiman

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Competitive Multiplayer Gaming Sri Lanka
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 12:21:33 pm »
Well, isn't there a saying that "Something is better than nothing???" Can't we take the maximum out of the stuff that we already have? ya true that Blade will never be @ there level in couple of days... But i think It's better to have @ least a 5 man team @ world level cuz 4 people can't go up against world class 5 people..
Well, U can argue the other way also.. Anyways... It's up to the people in Germany to decide whether or not they are gonna include Blade. Team Captain (indr or Blaze) can decide on it.
But the fact remains that a team has gone to represent Sri Lanka and they should  participate just to represent the country with or without Blade in the team. That is my opinion.
All the very best to our team.. Good luck!

Offline bk

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 01:17:13 pm »
My opinion would be to have team liquid participate - the outcome would be beside the point. What they would have gained would be exposure at an international level. I doubt anybody seriously harboured hopes of SL winning the WCG but progressing thru the rounds would have a step in the right direction. Maybe if they can progress hope Shawn could have sorted out his visa to take part @ a later stage (if the rules allow for a sub).

All in all its a sad state of affairs. I won't go opening a can of worms but I don't think this have we would have like our first crack @ WCG to go.  :(

Offline xearonsklavesky

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • aaAAa4a4a44a4a4AaAAAAA!
    • View Profile
    • MidEarth
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 02:11:25 pm »
Well, isn't there a saying that "Something is better than nothing???"

Can't apply to this situation. When we pug most of the time I have played with people I'm familiar playing with, and the team has done fairly good, cause they know the orders and usually familiar with strats, drills, pace etc. There were a couple of times which I have played in teams with one or two which whom I'm totally not familiar with + they are new to competitive CS thus leaving the rest of the team mates who are familiar to competitive CS helpless. Me and Rav have experienced it very well. :D And the pressure it puts on the team leader is just too much to take in a tournament like WCG.

At the level team liquid play CS it takes one wrong move to screw up the whole round. Blade might get a couple of kills but still the chance of he might making that wrong move is far higher than the chance he might get those kills.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:14:24 pm by xearonsklavesky »

Offline warsaw

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 02:32:20 pm »
id say only four play cos blade doesnt have the experience like the players in liquid and the team chemistry like jungle always say......if blade plays for example he might run and let the opposing team know where they are

Offline rasty

• Global Moderator
  • Pwnage
  • m'powering Sri Lankan Gaming
    • View Profile
    • gameladders.lk
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 03:10:26 pm »
What i think is, playing without intruder will be so hard for team liqued.
even the team" CheeseCake" can beet them, if intruder is not there.coz he is the person who calls the stats and keeps the team stick to a plan and i don't  think that blaze can do it.
If intruder is not there the team just run here and there..i have seen that.
so the problem is not the  Blade going to  play for liquid, but can they play against the other teams?
are they strong enough for that?

and why the organizers cant send someone else who have at least practice with the team liquid?

as far as i know IceMaN and archangle have played with them and have an idea how they play and their skills also higher than
the BLADE....think o.0 Who knows may be blade wanna play for WCG.. :P

!!Holy-Crusade!!

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 03:29:30 pm »
hey guys, im writing this on behalf of team liquid

After reading these posts, Most of u think that teamLiquid cant play without our captain but No we can as long as we execute our strats ingame. We have decided that Crusade is goiing to be the In-Game leader. blaze is going to be in charge of the team. We will be taking part and we are practicing really hard with other teams. It is very sad to know that because one player dropped out you guys want us to just give up. Well teamLiquid is all about teamwork and not just a one man team. We appreciate the people who are supporting teamLiquid. after all weve been thru. We are going to represent our country, We dont care if we win or lose but we will do our best and let people know that even Sri Lanka has a growing gaming community.

Thank You and Goodbye for now
teamLiquid.