Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:17 am
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:14 am
You read this - it

zaryamain

November 13, 2017, 03:39:10 pm
selling my brand new 2tb portable hdd for 10k :)

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389328
  • Total Topics: 32129
  • Online Today: 305
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 254
Total: 260

Author Topic: Dark Souls! Dark Souls! Dark Souls!  (Read 26724 times)

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls! Dark Souls! Dark Souls!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 05:32:00 pm »
Played dark souls after a long break.  :)
It's so good to feel that feeling.
Defeated the gaping dragon. That thing is damn slow! but the tail is very dangerous. Now in blighttown. New, harder enemies and a lot of routes all the down.

But thinking of upgrading my weapons. I'm still using the drake sword and still it's giving me no problems at all. What should I do?? Go further down? Or go back up and upgrade my equipment??
I've the zweinhandler, Gargoyle axes, Black knight longsword, black knight halbred and a winged spear. and a 4+ longsword. What should I upgrade???
And I have the moonlight butterfly souls so if I upgrade the spear I think I'll be able to make a boss weapon. Got to kill havel too.
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula | Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB GDDR5 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 2400MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 07:17:00 pm »
I'm going through forum after forum searching for a good upgrade path. I'm gonna build up an overall charcter. Who uses strength and magic.
So gonna level up in strength, intelligence and faith.
So for the upgrade levels I've jotted down a few.
Lightning, Divine and enchanted. I think divine is the best way to go.
Also greatsword of artorias and orenstein's spear and the black knight weapons are recommended.
I mean this just gets more and more interesting!
I've defeated six bosses so far and still have to learn a lot!! Never played a game this much complicated. But that's another strength in dark souls. All those hidden secrets and discoveries. And the difficulty level. Just plain beautiful!
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula | Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB GDDR5 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 2400MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad

Offline Lashan Wanniarachchi

• Uber Pwnage
  • Smoking kills and also reveals your location !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 08:50:19 pm »
Defeated the gaping dragon. That thing is damn slow! but the tail is very dangerous.
That thing scared the crap out of me the first time with it's massive size and the appearance. Jesus.

But thinking of upgrading my weapons. I'm still using the drake sword and still it's giving me no problems at all. What should I do?? Go further down? Or go back up and upgrade my equipment??
I've the zweinhandler, Gargoyle axes, Black knight longsword, black knight halbred and a winged spear. and a 4+ longsword. What should I upgrade???
And I have the moonlight butterfly souls so if I upgrade the spear I think I'll be able to make a boss weapon. Got to kill havel too.
Explore Blighttown when you feel you're ready. Just be prepared to get poisoned. Also make sure to bring a bow and some arrows. It'll be useful against a certain enemy type ( tiny flying enemies).
Only upgrade your favorite weapons. Zweihander is pretty awesome. Black knight stuff are also good. Longswords won't be much useful later in the game. What about the b a s t a r d sword ? Andre sells it. It's a pretty good greatsword.
Oh and attacking Havel with melee weapons is very dangerous , I mean look at his armor! Try ranged attacks such as soul arrows.

I'm going through forum after forum searching for a good upgrade path. I'm gonna build up an overall charcter. Who uses strength and magic.
So gonna level up in strength, intelligence and faith.
So for the upgrade levels I've jotted down a few.
Lightning, Divine and enchanted. I think divine is the best way to go.
Both strength and magic? hehehe you sound like me now. That's a very good plan. Lightning and Fire upgrade paths are not as good as Divine and Enchanted. (Actually Enchanted is better than Divine. The only upgrade path that stands equal to Enchanted is the Occult upgrade path. Occult is the advanced version of Divine , just like how Enchanted is the advanced version of Magic upgrade path.) Fire and lightning upgrade paths DO NOT get stat bonuses. ( yes I too was pissed at that).
If you're going with Divine , keep in mind it's directly affected by Faith not Intelligence.
Core i5 2400 @3.1 GHz | Goddamn stock cooler
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard  |  2X4GB Kingston RAM DDR3 1333MHz
Asus PB278Q 1440p PLS Display (27") | Sapphire Nitro RX 480 8GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  |  Total Hard Disk Storage = 6TB
Logitech G510S Gaming Keyboard  |  Logitech G403 Gaming Mouse
Seasonic X-650 PSU  |  Corsair Carbide 400R Case
2.1 MicroLab M500U Audio  |  Prolink 1200VA UPS

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2015, 09:15:41 pm »
the gaping dragon didn't scare me that much  :D I've read about it before in forums and have seen some pics.
I just stopped looking at it and circled around it and attacked the legs.
That tail swing though! It got me. All my estus flasks were empty  and only a bit of life was left so I kept my distance and finished the last bit of its' health by using soul arrows.
That's the point where I understood how much magic would help me.
But it doesn't feel very natural.  :D

Anyway upgrading is the key now. I also have the b*****d sword. But thinking of upgrading different sorts of weapons. A spear, a sword and maybe a halbred.
I'm thinking of a lightning spear (only for strength) then a divine sword.
But also considering boss weapons. A lot of choices. But not enough materials....

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2015, 09:17:47 pm »
Ah and I saw a video where some dude finished havel by using backstabs.  It was insane!
I prefer melee combat although seeing the advantage of using sorcery, gonna upgrade that too.

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 09:05:02 am »
If any one wanna buy the steam version of "Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition". It's on sale now. This game is worth buying , since it allows online play. Online play is very interesting in this game since it allows to summon other players to help.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/darksouls_preparetodie_storefront

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 07:55:07 am »
If any one wanna buy the steam version of "Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition". It's on sale now. This game is worth buying , since it allows online play. Online play is very interesting in this game since it allows to summon other players to help.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/darksouls_preparetodie_storefront

Yes. Absolutely! I 100% agree with you. It's worth every penny and summoning other players is very helpful!

Dark souls is a lonely lonely world. It's nice to have someone backing you in harder times  ;D

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2015, 02:44:03 pm »
I just experienced one of the worst things in dark souls!
So I went back to kill the awesome havel the rock and get his ring!
After a couple of tries  thought the best way to kill the dude is by letting him go off a cliff. So I ran. Stupid bugger followed. And I took a dive where there's a ledge beneath the stairs but completely missed it! And the so awesome Havel the rock made the not so awesome decision of following me and fell to death. So after I re spawned, I went to pick up his ring............
It WASN'T THERE!!!!! Went to see if havel is alive or not and HE WASN'T THERE TOO!!!
One of the most important rings in the game and I've lost it!!!!

But of course I always try to keep a backup save file. And I had one for this scenario too  ;D
So no worries  ;D  ;D

And if ANYONE who's playing dark souls and even considering to kill havel by leading him off a cliff.... DON'T!!!!
Cause you won't get his ring.
And of course keep a backup of your save file.
BTW lost about 7000 souls after reloading the game.
But that doesn't even get close to losing the Havel's ring. 

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »
Havel the Rock! I'm coming for you!!!!!!

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 02:36:58 pm »
After going through some of the forums I realized that most of the boss weapons are crap.
Artorias Greatswords, Artorias Greatshield and the fury blade..
These are good from what I read.
Gonna make the artorias greatshield from sifs' soul.
Any recommendations?

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »
After going through some of the forums I realized that most of the boss weapons are crap.
Exactly. Thankfully Dark Souls 2 has some awesome boss weapons.

Artorias Greatswords, Artorias Greatshield and the fury blade..
These are good from what I read.
Gonna make the artorias greatshield from sifs' soul.
Any recommendations?
Artorias Greatshield is highly recommended to use against physical , poison , toxic attacks. It also has the highest stability. By fury blade do you mean Quelaag's fury blade? It's not super awesome but it's good. It has a short range but it's fast.
I still recommend Jon Snow's sword :P. No seriously it's pretty good.

Did you kill Havel yet? How did it go? :)

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2015, 03:30:31 pm »
Exactly. Thankfully Dark Souls 2 has some awesome boss weapons.
Artorias Greatshield is highly recommended to use against physical , poison , toxic attacks. It also has the highest stability. By fury blade do you mean Quelaag's fury blade? It's not super awesome but it's good. It has a short range but it's fast.
I still recommend Jon Snow's sword :P. No seriously it's pretty good.

Did you kill Havel yet? How did it go? :)

:D I have the Jon Snow's Sword. But I haven't upgraded it so far. Right now I've a +5 Zweinhandler and a +5 Winged Spear. And a normal claymore and a normal jon snow sword.  :)
Winged spear isn't that good but thinking of upgrading it to a lightning spear.
The zweinhandler is definitely gonna be enchanted.
And maybe a divine weapon too....
Lot of options.

Ah, Havel is still alive BTW  :D I couldn't play dark souls for two straight days. Even now I'm a bit busy. Maybe tonight. But that dude extremely difficult! Can't do much damage with magic even!
I think back stabs is the way to go. But he's freakin quick!
Gonna die at least 10 times today

Offline Alucard

• Immortal
  • über
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2015, 03:33:46 pm »
Ah any recommended boss weapons? Even ornstein's spear is crap I hear.
I seriously love that name and the guy.
Ornstein the Dragonslayer  :) But too bad his weapon isn't good.
What about the darkmoon catalyst or the darkmoon bow?

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2015, 03:54:56 pm »
+5 Zweinhandler and a +5 Winged Spear. And a normal claymore and a normal jon snow sword.  :)
That Zweihander should do some serious damage. Claymore is slightly better than jon snow sword.

Ah, Havel is still alive BTW  :D I couldn't play dark souls for two straight days. Even now I'm a bit busy. Maybe tonight. But that dude extremely difficult! Can't do much damage with magic even!
I think back stabs is the way to go. But he's freakin quick!
Gonna die at least 10 times today
Huehue I can understand. Havel can be a serious problem since he can kill you in one hit with that crazy dragontooth.

Ah any recommended boss weapons? Even ornstein's spear is crap I hear.
I seriously love that name and the guy.
Ornstein the Dragonslayer  :) But too bad his weapon isn't good.
What about the darkmoon catalyst or the darkmoon bow?
Ornstein's spear is crap when you use it , but when he uses it , Jesus! . I like Ornstein too. He's so fancy with his red wig :D Unlike his fat friend >:(
Darkmoon catalyst and the darkmoon bow are meh. Stick with the Sorcerer's catalyst and longbow. The best catalyst for magic spells is Logan's Catalyst. You'll get it much later in the game.

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:12 pm »
If you can't stop the Rock , don't worry it's normal ;D