Offline Termi

• Death Company
    • View Profile
Desktop icons missing, strange music at random times..
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:18:32 pm »
Hello :)
I just logged into my account and I saw 2 program shortcuts missing on my desktop, and yesterday during night there was a really strange & silent midi tone music that played itself time to time. (like the super mario music  o.0 )

Im pretty sure its a Virus, i checked the recycle bin in case accidently I deleted those 2 icons but nope.
Anti virus Im using - Kaspersky 2010, it detects nothing @ all.. >:( help!! :(
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
Re: Desktop icons missing, strange music at random times..
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:30:32 pm »
Hello :)
I just logged into my account and I saw 2 program shortcuts missing on my desktop, and yesterday during night there was a really strange & silent midi tone music that played itself time to time. (like the super mario music  o.0 )

Im pretty sure its a Virus, i checked the recycle bin in case accidently I deleted those 2 icons but nope.
Anti virus Im using - Kaspersky 2010, it detects nothing @ all.. >:( help!! :(

your PC is coming to life!! could be a deceptacon  xD try using MSSE  to scan ur PC it  detects all of them malware
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:44:20 pm »
Icons disappearing..Try logging into another account and trying..the icons shud be fuinctional there..Same thing happened when I used to use XP..I reinstalled to Win 7...Strange music ? WTF ?
You're PC is haunted

Offline Termi

• Death Company
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:57:25 pm »
=S
I formatted my PC and switched from Win7 to XP few weeks ago..and all was fine till yesterday
your PC is coming to life!! could be a deceptacon  xD try using MSSE  to scan ur PC it  detects all of them malware
xD I'll try that :)
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline bunyep

• Mortvivant
  • gigilition at its best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 10:24:39 pm »
Malware problem I guess.. try
 Malwarebytes