Offline muharizj

• [Questions? Complaints? +94777321118]
    • View Profile
Re: Post details of your rig in here
« Reply #645 on: February 15, 2009, 06:51:10 am »
Hi muharizj, How is your experience with "concierge service" thing. Can we know full details. I am also planing to order some stuff through them. Thanks very much.  :)

the ordering process and everything went smoothly until it arrived here through DHL yesterday. I have to authorize DHL to clear the goods (3k brokerage service for them) or get my own clearing agent to do it (which I will be doing to save the 3k :P). However, I still don't know the customs duty and probably wont know it till tomorrow.

If u don't like the hassle u can always ask them to clear it, but this way if the customs guys are trying to over value my goods or something i will know and will be able to haggle with them since my broker will contact me and confirm with me before making the payments.

Await for tomorrow's response :)
Everything that's ever to be said, has been said; Everything else, is just another Cliche

2600k @ 4.5Ghz | DDR3 16GB 8-8-8-24-T1 | MSI P67A-GD65 |  GTX-580-2-WAY-SLI | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion | 120GB SSD Intel X25m | 4TB HDDs | Logitech Z5500 | Logitech G930 | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | R.A.T.9 | HAF-X | Thermaltake TR2 1200W |Dell 30" @ 2560x1600
« Reply #646 on: February 15, 2009, 09:33:22 am »
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Corsair Dominator DDR2 4GB 1066
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked
Samsung 500GB SATA
Cooler Master 650W

Offline rustix

• Omnia mea mecum porto
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 15, 2009, 09:39:36 am »

looking forward to it :)
« Reply #648 on: February 15, 2009, 02:44:39 pm »
Thanks muharizj. will wait for "tomorrow's response". Is it worth getting stuff this way when you consider all the connected payments? And also what was the Wt. of your package. Was it less than the first 3.5 kg? How much you had to pay for shipping? Thanks  :)

the ordering process and everything went smoothly until it arrived here through DHL yesterday. I have to authorize DHL to clear the goods (3k brokerage service for them) or get my own clearing agent to do it (which I will be doing to save the 3k :P). However, I still don't know the customs duty and probably wont know it till tomorrow.

If u don't like the hassle u can always ask them to clear it, but this way if the customs guys are trying to over value my goods or something i will know and will be able to haggle with them since my broker will contact me and confirm with me before making the payments.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:47:16 pm by expertea »
"Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience"
Saman E ...  the mature gamer 

Offline muharizj

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 15, 2009, 04:50:16 pm »
Thanks muharizj. will wait for "tomorrow's response". Is it worth getting stuff this way when you consider all the connected payments? And also what was the Wt. of your package. Was it less than the first 3.5 kg? How much you had to pay for shipping? Thanks  :)

I'm not too happy with the delay - as for the connected payments can be annoying but to obtain something that is completely unavailable in this country, there is no other choice - that is besides flying there yourself. I'm referring to the blu ray drive and the cooler v1 enthusiast. The rest (ram etc) were just bought to spread the fixed costs around such as clearing and shipping.

As i mentioned previously, it is definitely not worth if you can pick it from SL for even 30% more price as you get it immediately with warranty. But if you have no other options, there's really no argument i guess.

Everything that's ever to be said, has been said; Everything else, is just another Cliche

2600k @ 4.5Ghz | DDR3 16GB 8-8-8-24-T1 | MSI P67A-GD65 |  GTX-580-2-WAY-SLI | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion | 120GB SSD Intel X25m | 4TB HDDs | Logitech Z5500 | Logitech G930 | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | R.A.T.9 | HAF-X | Thermaltake TR2 1200W |Dell 30" @ 2560x1600
« Reply #650 on: February 15, 2009, 10:57:21 pm »
Thanks muharizj for all the details. Shall wait for your further responses.

I'm not too happy with the delay - as for the connected payments can be annoying but to obtain something that is completely unavailable in this country, there is no other choice - that is besides flying there yourself. I'm referring to the blu ray drive and the cooler v1 enthusiast. The rest (ram etc) were just bought to spread the fixed costs around such as clearing and shipping.

As i mentioned previously, it is definitely not worth if you can pick it from SL for even 30% more price as you get it immediately with warranty. But if you have no other options, there's really no argument i guess.

"Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience"

Offline muharizj

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 21, 2009, 07:20:53 am »
Thanks muharizj for all the details. Shall wait for your further responses.

hey bro, forgot to post about the whole experience:

Stuff came to SL very quickly, buuut the guys @ concierge made a slight error with the Invoice and they summarized the components as a DVD player - YIKES.

So i mailed em and awaited two days for a corrected invoice and letter of explanation to the customs.

Then went personally to the DHL warehouse in Ja-Ela (i live in wattala), and sat there for 2 hours while they cleared my goods.

For the total value of 42,408/= i paid a total of 4,500/= in duty (roughly 10%) much less than the 30% i was led to believe when i called the customs.

It was very easy considering i had to just go to DHL, hand in the documents and sleep in my car for a few hours - i could've always gone home and come back but wth, i was eager to see my tiny electronic babies lol.

« Reply #652 on: February 21, 2009, 01:59:27 pm »
so does everything work? what happens if u need to return a product and claim warranty? was it worth the hassle?

Offline muharizj

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 21, 2009, 05:01:30 pm »
so does everything work? what happens if u need to return a product and claim warranty? was it worth the hassle?

i mentioned two posts up that warranty is definitely an issue.

However, you can reduce the risk to yourself by picking components with extremely high reviews and really low failure rates. But you can never be 100% secure ever anyways.

As for my stuff, Rameez and I had a nice time putting it all together today and it works fine. The V1 Enthusiast is keeping my scorching hot cpu @ around 60c (no case fans only that) so its doing its job pretty well. My previous watercooler was running 10c lower but that was with the case fully open.

as for the blu ray drive - will be doing my first rip today. will let you guys know how it went :)

« Reply #654 on: February 21, 2009, 06:15:21 pm »
whyd u change from a watercooler to aircooler? ur sig says '[email protected] at full load'.

If i may suggest, since u were using the Concierge service u might as well ordered from Newegg instead of ewiz, where u get much better selection of products for prices almost as good, sometimes better. (escpecially RAM).

Offline muharizj

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 22, 2009, 07:21:00 am »
whyd u change from a watercooler to aircooler? ur sig says '[email protected] at full load'.

If i may suggest, since u were using the Concierge service u might as well ordered from Newegg instead of ewiz, where u get much better selection of products for prices almost as good, sometimes better. (escpecially RAM).

i had the watercooler for a few years now. Though its true that the cooling was exceptional, I'm finding it difficult to move my case around and the radiator was adding some additional weight to the total system (it already weighs a TONNE).

You'd be surprised, the system is actually no more louder - the enthusiast v1 is an exceptional cooler.

The reason i went with Ewiz was coz they had a better deal on the stuff i bought. However, in the future, i might stick to newegg becoz of their spotless record. Though IMO, ewiz surpassed my expectations and gave me quality stuff for really cheap :)

« Reply #656 on: February 22, 2009, 08:52:40 pm »
Thank you very much muharizj. Looks like you all in all had a good deal with "concierge". I have to get down a good casing ( something like Antec 900 or COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC) but my problem is the weight. I do not know how much they will charge for shipping. Any other way I can get this? Any advice?

Exactly how many days it took for your stuff to come down to SL from the date of payment? Thanks again.  :)

hey bro, forgot to post about the whole experience:

Stuff came to SL very quickly, buuut the guys @ concierge made a slight error with the Invoice and they summarized the components as a DVD player - YIKES.

So i mailed em and awaited two days for a corrected invoice and letter of explanation to the customs.

Then went personally to the DHL warehouse in Ja-Ela (i live in wattala), and sat there for 2 hours while they cleared my goods.

For the total value of 42,408/= i paid a total of 4,500/= in duty (roughly 10%) much less than the 30% i was led to believe when i called the customs.

It was very easy considering i had to just go to DHL, hand in the documents and sleep in my car for a few hours - i could've always gone home and come back but wth, i was eager to see my tiny electronic babies lol.

Offline muharizj

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:56 am »
Thank you very much muharizj. Looks like you all in all had a good deal with "concierge". I have to get down a good casing ( something like Antec 900 or COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC) but my problem is the weight. I do not know how much they will charge for shipping. Any other way I can get this? Any advice?

Exactly how many days it took for your stuff to come down to SL from the date of payment? Thanks again.  :)

Machang Don't buy a case through concierge unless this is your LAST resort.

The case will approximately cost $150 depending how good you would like to go. Then the average weight of a server casing with packaging is close to 15kg so expect to pay $100 plus for the shipping and taxes will cost around $15-20. All in all, you would end up paying close to 27-30k sri lankan rupees for a casing worth LKR 15k.

I think concierge is a much better option for bringing down smaller components such as cpu's, ram, hard disks, optical drives, keyboards, mice, mobos, video cards etc.

Standard Delivery (4 - 6 full working days)

Base Charge - $25.00 [flat fee per shipment]

Weight Charges - $ 5.00 for the 1st kg and $2.50 for each additional 0.5kg

Express Delivery (2 - 4 full working days)

Base Charge - $30.00 [flat fee per shipment]

Weight Charges - $ 6.00 for the 1st kg and $3.00 for each additional 0.5kg

Courier Method: DHL - extremely reliable and courteous service @ clearing bonds (personal experience @ Jaela Bond)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 06:26:55 am by muharizj »

« Reply #658 on: February 23, 2009, 01:09:02 pm »
E5200 3.68GHz
Foxconn G31MX-K 2.0
KVR800 2GB 986MHz 6-6-6-12
8500GT 512MB 800/2200/450 (core/shader/memory)
Samsung HD161HJ 160GB SATAII

;).
« Reply #659 on: February 24, 2009, 04:05:21 pm »
Thanks for all the info again muharizj. I fully understand and agree with you. My next option is to see weather I can get my Bro who lives in Canada to ship me the thing. It might take ages to reach SL if he sends it in a ship.  :)

Machang Don't buy a case through concierge unless this is your LAST resort.

The case will approximately cost $150 depending how good you would like to go. Then the average weight of a server casing with packaging is close to 15kg so expect to pay $100 plus for the shipping and taxes will cost around $15-20. All in all, you would end up paying close to 27-30k sri lankan rupees for a casing worth LKR 15k.

I think concierge is a much better option for bringing down smaller components such as cpu's, ram, hard disks, optical drives, keyboards, mice, mobos, video cards etc.

Standard Delivery (4 - 6 full working days)

Base Charge - $25.00 [flat fee per shipment]

Weight Charges - $ 5.00 for the 1st kg and $2.50 for each additional 0.5kg

Express Delivery (2 - 4 full working days)

Base Charge - $30.00 [flat fee per shipment]

Weight Charges - $ 6.00 for the 1st kg and $3.00 for each additional 0.5kg

Courier Method: DHL - extremely reliable and courteous service @ clearing bonds (personal experience @ Jaela Bond)