Re: Post details of your rig in here
« Reply #1410 on: March 27, 2010, 05:25:09 pm »
lol i know what u mean :p im like u as wel... he he he he he....this rig i was able to get cos i got a loan from mother :p pay her back within aprox months time lol

Offline loshba

• You alone hold the key to your happiness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 27, 2010, 05:28:05 pm »
lol same here. thanks to dad. but i owe nothing to dad. :) but yeah the hdd and vga loan from mom, which im payin monthly. anyways.this is goin off topic i guess.
:D
Intel 6th gen Core i7-6700K | Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 motherboard | TeamDark 8GB DDR4 @3000mhz | ASUS GTX 670 2GB | 1TB Toshiba HDD | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD | Antec 450W PSU | Corsair Carbide 400R Casing

Offline loshba

• View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 27, 2010, 05:29:48 pm »
Lucky americans, singaporeans and malaysians....
Intel 6th gen Core i7-6700K | Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3 motherboard | TeamDark 8GB DDR4 @3000mhz | ASUS GTX 670 2GB | 1TB Toshiba HDD | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD | Antec 450W PSU | Corsair Carbide 400R Casing

Offline EGS

• For the Best Support Service Call EGS
    • View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #1413 on: March 27, 2010, 10:17:28 pm »
its waaay cheaper than that if ur able to get a good bargain that is. :P it wud cost abt 19000-19500 LKR , so thats a good 8000 cheaper.

Pal Try and Get it without talking, If you can get it in Singapore for anythink < SLR 19500 you are lucky.  Then you say Sapphire HD5770 is SGD 238 which is more than 19500. ASUS is more expensive than Sapphire in price wise.

Also dont forget the Ex. Rate of SGD is SLR 83.00. So Pl do you calculation. What if your card comes DOA ??. So you know the cost of sending the card bothways so pl do the calculation. Pl dont think the local shops r making money. Who pays for the Duty ??
E-Globe Solutions Pvt Ltd., 87 5th Lane, Colombo 3. Tel : 0777-802534 / 4795632 / 4718517
For Branded Desktop / Laptop & EGS PC, Gaming Needs from Power Supply, Chassis, VGA cards to PC Accessories, UPS, Printers, NUC & Many More
www.eglobe.lk  www.fb.com/egs.lk

Offline loshba

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 27, 2010, 10:56:58 pm »
Pal Try and Get it without talking, If you can get it in Singapore for anythink < SLR 19500 you are lucky.  Then you say Sapphire HD5770 is SGD 238 which is more than 19500. ASUS is more expensive than Sapphire in price wise.

Also dont forget the Ex. Rate of SGD is SLR 83.00. So Pl do you calculation. What if your card comes DOA ??. So you know the cost of sending the card bothways so pl do the calculation. Pl dont think the local shops r making money. Who pays for the Duty ??

hehe I am talking cos i have already had the person purchase it for me. :D with 3yrs warranty.
And yes the asus is expensive than the sapphire but only by Rs500-700 or so.  depends on ur bargaining skills. certain shops had it for almost the same price tho.

I do know about everythin u have mentioned above. I am not a dumb stupid kid trying to purchase a vga :) i hv considered all the above factors. But like i said b4, I for some reason wanted the Eyefinity feature. and the Cucore doesnt have it. its a custom tweaked card. So i just wanted my vga to hv Eyefinity.

And like i said in my previous post, If ppl have the extra cash to spare then yeah its worth to go for a vga locally even payin that 8K more wen considering the warranty n all.
But some ppl like me hv very tight budgets. and the GTS250 is around 20K. n that was my budget. So id rather take my chances with a 5770 than buy a shity GTS250.

Offline loshba

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 27, 2010, 11:02:33 pm »
Imagine newegg catered to us Sri Lankans :)

yup i personally think 27K for a 5770 is too much. but if u got that extra cash to spend and if ur afraid of taking risks, then i guess payin an extra 5000-9000 for the warranty is ok.
But i for one, aint got that money, n cant afford it. so i guess for ppl like me, our only option is "TAKE THE RISK, TAKE UR CHANCES & BUY FROM ABROAD"

Not everyone has the luxury of money... :( some of us just hv to take our chances. If it arrives DOA, i guess il hv to deal with it n take full responsibility. n send it back to singapore. And i am prepared to do that. But why look at the negative side of things.
lets think positive, what if the VGA works fine, i save alot money then :P

as for the Duty :) comeon, there are ways in which we can bring items without being taxed. :D

Offline loshba

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 27, 2010, 11:23:03 pm »
and plus when it comes to ATI... i prefer the Sapphires and the XFX to the Asus. The 5770 sapphire and the XFX ref models are apparently almsot the same or a little better than the cucore.  :D

I also hv to agree with the duty and all the other costs involved. but well ofcourse shops are making money inspite of this, cos i seriously doubt they wud go through all the trouble to sell it for just a mere 1K profit :D

The rates i mentioned are the prices at Sim Lim. and obviously wholesale prices wud be alota cheaper. my friend purchased a XFX GTX275 8months ago for 22K from Kaira Global [a wholesale shop who are dealers for some sim lim shops]  :D i hv no idea how he got that price. but that was wat he was charged. :D
so obviously dealer prices are differnt to sim lim prices. :)

Offline BusteR

• -- The Game is oN --
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 28, 2010, 01:11:27 am »
and plus when it comes to ATI... i prefer the Sapphires and the XFX to the Asus. The 5770 sapphire and the XFX ref models are apparently almsot the same or a little better than the cucore.  :D

I also hv to agree with the duty and all the other costs involved. but well ofcourse shops are making money inspite of this, cos i seriously doubt they wud go through all the trouble to sell it for just a mere 1K profit :D

ehem also dont forget HIS Iceq4 models..which has best cooling ;) btw i recommend XFX more than anything..but it costs a lil more than normal HIS or Asus price.. But then again they got good firmware built in to control the fan speed even after over clocking, where in ASUS u have to manually set the max coz one of my friends even card got burnt coz ASUS fan speed wasnt enough n he hasnt adjusted it or something...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.81GHz | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x | Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming Wifi Motherboard | Kingston HyperX Series 8GB x2 DDR3 3000Mhz Dual Channel Kit | MSI GeForce GTX 1070Ti Duke 8G | CoolerMaster K500L Mid Tower Casing | Seasonic FOCUS 750M 80PLUS Gold Semi Modular PSU | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD + Western Digital Blue 2TB  | Logitech Z313 2.1 Subwoofer System | Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse | Logitch G910 Orion Spark Gaming Keyboard | SteelSeries QCK + Mouse Matt | Logtiech G433 7.1 Soround Sound Gaming Headset | BENQ Zowie XL2411P 144Hz 24" Monitor |
« Reply #1418 on: March 28, 2010, 09:07:01 am »
well i personally think gaming gear and stuff is overprice acording to sri lankan standards... i mean come on not every gamer has rich parents who would give u money to buy what u want...lol...(if ur working its a diff story : )).... but still i think lankan pc hardware shops would make more sales and more profit if they keep a lower profit margin so more ppl can buy.... rather than higher profit margins and not many ppl buy...

i think... ^_^
« Reply #1419 on: March 28, 2010, 10:23:08 am »
well i personally think gaming gear and stuff is overprice acording to sri lankan standards... i mean come on not every gamer has rich parents who would give u money to buy what u want...lol...(if ur working its a diff story : )).... but still i think lankan pc hardware shops would make more sales and more profit if they keep a lower profit margin so more ppl can buy.... rather than higher profit margins and not many ppl buy...

i think... ^_^
elakiri..kollo..

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #1420 on: March 28, 2010, 10:28:53 am »

i think... ^_^

Well that's true but the truth is, for the most part, on graphics cards that's exactly what shops do. When your supplier is in, say, Singapore and a card costs 20K there, by the time you pay for shipping to SL and customs clearance, you end up paying around 24-25K for the card. From there shops tend to keep only 1 or 2K for themselves and sell.

This is the case AFAIK for mid-range cards. I know for a fact that they keep HUGE premiums on the high end stuff. But you can't fault them on their pricing for cards like the 5770. They give you free local warranty to boot.

Mind you this is assuming they're telling us the truth. Cuz if they have direct dealings with the card manufacturers themselves, they're probably getting cards that are worth 20K for around 10-15K. And then they may be bringing down shipments in bulk and hence pay 2K or less for shipping and in reality keep up to 10K profits :P But I highly doubt anyone here has such connections... but I could be wrong.
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass
« Reply #1421 on: March 28, 2010, 10:47:08 am »
Well that's true but the truth is, for the most part, on graphics cards that's exactly what shops do. When your supplier is in, say, Singapore and a card costs 20K there, by the time you pay for shipping to SL and customs clearance, you end up paying around 24-25K for the card. From there shops tend to keep only 1 or 2K for themselves and sell.

This is the case AFAIK for mid-range cards. I know for a fact that they keep HUGE premiums on the high end stuff. But you can't fault them on their pricing for cards like the 5770. They give you free local warranty to boot.

Mind you this is assuming they're telling us the truth. Cuz if they have direct dealings with the card manufacturers themselves, they're probably getting cards that are worth 20K for around 10-15K. And then they may be bringing down shipments in bulk and hence pay 2K or less for shipping and in reality keep up to 10K profits :P But I highly doubt anyone here has such connections... but I could be wrong.

xDDDDD

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #1422 on: March 28, 2010, 11:39:08 am »
I sometimes scare myself with my detective skills sometimes... xD
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass

Offline loshba

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 28, 2010, 12:06:24 pm »
ehem also dont forget HIS Iceq4 models..which has best cooling ;) btw i recommend XFX more than anything..but it costs a lil more than normal HIS or Asus price.. But then again they got good firmware built in to control the fan speed even after over clocking, where in ASUS u have to manually set the max coz one of my friends even card got burnt coz ASUS fan speed wasnt enough n he hasnt adjusted it or something...
Yup agreed. XFX kicks ass. I give this order. XFX>Sapphire>Hi5>Powercooler>Asus. I somehow never liked the asus , cos ive heard a few negative reviews wen it comes to overclockin etc.

Ive hurd the XFX to be more expensive but in singa the XFX/Sapphire/Asus were of the same price. Atleast thats what i was told wen my vga was purchased a few days ago. :)

Offline loshba

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 28, 2010, 12:21:14 pm »

Ur right.. But comeon, there are Wholesale shops out there. I was able to find one Kaira Global, but they said they don't do small quantities. So im sure Stores here wudnt get 6 units from Sim Lim, wen they can buy it off a wholesaler like Kaira Global etc... Plus Kaira Global are one of the main suppliers for most Sim Lim shops.
So im guessing it would be about atleast a min of 2K cheaper than buyin from Sim Lim itself.
Comeon at the end of the day, why would u buy units at a CHEAP price when u know u can buy it for a EVEN CHEAPER price. :)