Re: Post details of your rig in here
« Reply #1350 on: March 22, 2010, 05:41:10 pm »
lol u sound like a rich guy :p

yea i know its a better mobo... but cant help... im gonna have to settle for avg mobo lol...and besie im not gonna OC it to the moon lol xD just decent eke :)

ur friend spent 1200+ on a vga cos of 2 reasons.

1) either he's down right stupid
or
2) he's parents have so much money they dunno what to do with it lol xD

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #1351 on: March 22, 2010, 05:52:36 pm »
Adey Minto! You decided on the Plantronics Gamecom 367 headset! Nice choice xD

You used it yet? I was juggling with the idea of buying a 367/377 but later on decided to go with the Logitech G330. How's the quality? Supposed to be good from what I hear :)
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass
« Reply #1352 on: March 22, 2010, 06:07:32 pm »
yea its good.... good quality... and loud too :) with the headset on full volume and ur pc on full volume its like using mini speakers :p and the mic can be tucked away :) so it doesn bother u when ur not gaming lol. i got the closed ear one(367) cos the other one was expensiver lol.... and the 367 is usb so u dont need a sound card for tat one...
« Reply #1353 on: March 22, 2010, 06:08:01 pm »
how's te logitech one??? good stuff???
« Reply #1354 on: March 22, 2010, 06:11:26 pm »
a review from Cnet aussie...

The computer mouse was the product that made Logitech a well-known brand in tech accessories, but in August 2008, the company announced that it would be acquiring Ultimate Ears, a company known for its professional in-ear headphones. Sadly, we are yet to see Ultimate Ears technology in Logitech's range of 'phones, but nevertheless we still had a go with the G330 to see how good it is.
Design and features

The headset itself is mostly grey with the colour monotony lifted by the red highlights. The ear pads are made of soft foam and can pivot in any direction, but unfortunately they are not designed to be replaceable. On the plus side and unlike other behind-the-head headsets, the G330 features a width-adjustable headband to cater to larger head sizes.

The headset's boom mic is mounted on the left side and can be rotated back when not needed. The boom can be bent and adjusted to fit most face shapes. The cable is a generous 240cm long, more than enough to reach the audio output port on the back of our PC. The in-line Velcro cable tie was a welcome addition when we were hooking the G330 to our laptop, when the additional cable length was not needed.

The in-line control box comes with a handy volume control and a microphone mute toggle switch. It also has a clip on the back so you can attach it to your clothing. The headset offers standard 3.5mm connectors for both mic and audio inputs. Logitech also included a USB sound card that you can connect to the headset.
Performance

Thanks to the adjustable headband, this headset sat on our ears for hours of non-stop gaming and we definitely did not run into the "hot ear" effect.

The G330 sounded mediocre when plugged directly into the PC. There was a lack of bass response from these cans without using the USB sound card. The sound quality wasn't poor it was just missing the necessary kick that discerning gamers usually like to hear in their games. However, due to its semi-open back and on-ear design, the stereo imaging was impressive.

Using the USB sound card will add some EQ enhancements. With the sound card connected, the headset delivered bass with aplomb, giving the headset a necessary bass boost to make it sound more lively. Overall, we preferred to have the USB sound card connected, especially when gaming or watching movies.

The noise-cancelling mic does a decent job of reducing noise thanks to its dual-sensing mics. During our tests, the noise cancelling was able to reduce the ambient drones of air-conditioning units, but didn't eliminate the wind noise generated by our fan. It wasn't that bad, but we wished it could have been better.
Conclusion

Priced at AU$99.95, we find it hard to recommend the Logitech G330 headset as a good buy. Though it includes a USB sound card, the actual performance of this headset leaves a lot to be desired. Comfort and the performance gained when using the USB sound card are its redeeming features. Nonetheless, it's still worth looking at if you're looking for a headset that won't mess up your spiky hairstyle.

lol @ the hairstyle comment xD
« Reply #1355 on: March 22, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »
lol u sound like a rich guy :p

ur friend spent 1200+ on a vga cos of 2 reasons.

1) either he's down right stupid
or
2) he's parents have so much money they dunno what to do with it lol xD
lol i aint rich at all just working hard thats all :P

and my friend is one of them hardcore overclockers and an enthusiast :P

how's te logitech one??? good stuff???
i personally use the G330 and its better than i expected got it for 5000 bux though through my cousin in the states.... and i must say it is the most comfortable headsets ive ever used... and also the mic quality is just pure awesome ... you dont hear any static at all... and the ear pads are soft like a baby's butt :D

EDIT : the usb sound card is a bit of a pain it takes time to recognizance and also say you are listen to some songs on itunes with the G330 and you want to put it on speaker you have to unplug the headset and then restart itunes ... thats the only CON i have with the G330
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:46:44 pm by shehanster »
« Reply #1356 on: March 22, 2010, 07:09:52 pm »
with the gamecom i get the hot ear effect abit... ut thats mainly cos ive got big ears lol... and it doesnt completely cover my ear... abit of it i under the head set lol not inside...:p
but for a person with average ears its good stuff :)

mine was 4500 rupees ;p lol cheaper by 500 bucks xD wooo hooo rofl....

but i must say i dont regret buying the gamecom :) now all i need to do is see how my cooleraster storm sentinel mouse works when i get it : DDDDD

Offline mcdogi

• Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 23, 2010, 11:13:51 am »
I am also looking for CM V8 , do you guys know any place that available?
BITFENIX ARCTIC WHITE (EXTREME MOD)
CM SCOUT MOD "RUBY
LAN BUILD " MINI COOP" 
 Scout /  VMware ESXi 5/ MSI 890FXA GD 70 / AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6 Ghz / Gskill Ares 1600 DDR3 32 GB / XFX ATI 5850/ Corsair F60, WD Caviar Green 1 TB, WD CARVIER BLUE 500 GB /  BENQ G922HDL / MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER X6 & X3 /Powerd by Corsair  HX750 Modular & Cooled by  Corsair  Hydro  H50 / #  Silverstone SG07B-W with 600W / GiGABYTE H55N-USB3 / Intel i7 870 @ 4Ghz / GiGABYTE GTX670 WF OC / Corsair Vengeance  8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 / OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD / WD Caviar Blue 1tb / Noctua NH U9b / Samsung S27A950D # MAC MINI: 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 / 16GB Corsair Sodimm / OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD / 500GB Hard drive / Mac wireless keyboard and track pad / Benq G2420HD  # QNAP TS212 with 2* 2TB Seagate Barracuda  ( 7200 rpm)
« Reply #1358 on: March 23, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
Small upgrade to my system,

My brand new Intel SSD

Model: Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Reviews

http://www2.electronicproducts.com/-article-POYJH02_Jan2009-html.aspx

http://hothardware.com/Articles/Intel-X25M-80GB-SATA-Solid-State-Drive-Intel-Ups-The-Ante/?page=1

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=616&type=expert

:)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:12:25 pm by expertea »
"Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience"
Saman E ...  the mature gamer 
« Reply #1359 on: March 23, 2010, 09:52:33 pm »

My brand new Intel SSD

Model: Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

NICE!! did you notice a HUGE performance boost??? or was it just when you were running a heavy application like when you were playing a game or rendering a video....
« Reply #1360 on: March 23, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »
I am also looking for CM V8 , do you guys know any place that available?
AFAIK slmega are the only ppl getting down CM
« Reply #1361 on: March 23, 2010, 10:05:11 pm »
NICE!! did you notice a HUGE performance boost??? or was it just when you were running a heavy application like when you were playing a game or rendering a video....

Shehan, I just got it and yet to see the performance boost. Shall notify as soon as I install it and run. :)
"Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience"
« Reply #1362 on: March 24, 2010, 06:40:41 pm »

My brand new Intel SSD

Reviews

http://www2.electronicproducts.com/-article-POYJH02_Jan2009-html.aspx

http://hothardware.com/Articles/Intel-X25M-80GB-SATA-Solid-State-Drive-Intel-Ups-The-Ante/?page=1

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=616&type=expert

:)

expensive stuff neh. btw how much?
« Reply #1363 on: March 24, 2010, 07:12:29 pm »
« Reply #1364 on: March 24, 2010, 07:50:53 pm »
expensive stuff neh. btw how much?

Yes,  249.99 US $ + 7% for comgateway + Shipping + Duty