Offline mcdogi

• Don't test my skills, I was trained by myself!
    • View Profile
Re: Post details of your rig in here
« Reply #1080 on: November 04, 2009, 03:58:03 pm »
Why not? Please read through..... though the DX 11 games are still on the way.

http://gamer.lk/index.php/topic,5919.0.html

Well i post the article, the article is What it boils down to is simple childish behaviour clearly aimed at keeping ATI's DX11 launch sales as low as possible. and it may be bullshit, may be true, may be nvidia want to cool down there’s customers, coz every fan boys of nvidia start to worry after ATI launch 5800 series ,

In the past Nvidia is the best no argument about that , but ATI caught up and in many ways are now in a better position than NVIDIA with their ultra-affordable performance cards in the 4800 series, with their 5800 series  with performance was to changed the entire scene again, and  so far now is 5800 is the best with performance and quality, and it is the one and only Direct x 11 card out now , even nvidia may be release a card in the future but the price going to be very high, looks lyk everybody that owned nvidia card are start to worry ,

But recent times have changed the game significantly for NVIDIA - no longer are they riding the first wave of new technology, and are actually lagging behind ATI with next-gen parts. This normally wouldn't be quite newsworthy enough by itself, since we either have one or the other with parts first, but it's how NVIDIA is behaving that speaks volumes more about their tech than any news we've had so far ever could.

Instead of bragging about their upcoming DX11 parts NVIDIA has thrown their press release team into full-blown defence mode, spreading word far and wide in a precautionary (and some would say petty) way to attempt to ward enthusiasts off ATI's DX11 tech.

Nvidia were first to release DX10 card (where they), they're now instead attempting to take as much of the focus and excitement about the new parts away. What this all boils down to is that NVIDIA simply isn't ready to launch their DX11 technology, something backed up by rumours of their less than 2% functioning yields, and definitely shown through their behaviour. It's pretty sad to see a company as big as this behaving in this way, especially when ATI didn't when the situation was reversed some years ago.

so far ATI best with performance and budget.
BITFENIX ARCTIC WHITE (EXTREME MOD)
CM SCOUT MOD "RUBY
LAN BUILD " MINI COOP" 
 Scout /  VMware ESXi 5/ MSI 890FXA GD 70 / AMD FX 8150 @ 3.6 Ghz / Gskill Ares 1600 DDR3 32 GB / XFX ATI 5850/ Corsair F60, WD Caviar Green 1 TB, WD CARVIER BLUE 500 GB /  BENQ G922HDL / MICROSOFT SIDEWINDER X6 & X3 /Powerd by Corsair  HX750 Modular & Cooled by  Corsair  Hydro  H50 / #  Silverstone SG07B-W with 600W / GiGABYTE H55N-USB3 / Intel i7 870 @ 4Ghz / GiGABYTE GTX670 WF OC / Corsair Vengeance  8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 / OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD / WD Caviar Blue 1tb / Noctua NH U9b / Samsung S27A950D # MAC MINI: 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 / 16GB Corsair Sodimm / OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD / 500GB Hard drive / Mac wireless keyboard and track pad / Benq G2420HD  # QNAP TS212 with 2* 2TB Seagate Barracuda  ( 7200 rpm)

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 04, 2009, 04:02:04 pm »
i did it because of the main factor that is you get the best bang for the buck with ATI. more core clock,stream prossesors, transistors ... but the only thing nvida has the egde over ATI is the bit rate

Lolwut? xD

Core clock is not a direct way to measure them since IPC is different.

Again, what? Each model has a different amount of stream processors. Saying ATI cards have more stream processors makes no sense. Also, the Rv770 has 160 SPs while the GT200 has 240, so your statement is false.

Oh, and you're also wrong about transistors. The Rv770 has ~956 million transistors while the GT200 has 1.4 billion :P

@mcdogi:

Its true that nv are behind, but thats not the whole of the story. ATI may have released their cards, but how many are actually available? You can barely find any. And its very clear that they rushed themselves too much and have ended up hurting themselves. Early on in production TMSC was having problems with low yields from 45nm chips, but later claimed that it was solved and yields were back up in the 60s (~65%). And now, whammeee, they're back at 40%! Do you think that puts ATI in a good position?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:06:03 pm by mumble »
HE-MEN.Splendid
« Reply #1082 on: November 04, 2009, 04:15:15 pm »
Let's not go offtopic :)
« Reply #1083 on: November 04, 2009, 04:54:23 pm »
The rate at which data can be read from or stored into a semiconductor memory by a processor (memory bandwidth) can also be expressed as the number of bits that are conveyed or processed per unit of time (bit rate).
RIGHT! LMAO. No point arguing with you.
« Reply #1084 on: November 04, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »
Lolwut? xD

Core clock is not a direct way to measure them since IPC is different.

Again, what? Each model has a different amount of stream processors. Saying ATI cards have more stream processors makes no sense. Also, the Rv770 has 160 SPs while the GT200 has 240, so your statement is false.

Oh, and you're also wrong about transistors. The Rv770 has ~956 million transistors while the GT200 has 1.4 billion :P

dude READ the whole post before you post something, i was talking about my rig, MY CONFIGS not abt a RV770 or gt200 or any other card  , so the nvidia competitor for the 4890 is the GTX 260 its common sence to know these if u are so into gamming and hardware. now check the specs and tell wats more affordable, wat has the upper edge in performance.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:19:22 pm by shehanster »

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 04, 2009, 06:36:30 pm »

dude READ the whole post before you post something, i was talking about my rig, MY CONFIGS not abt a RV770 or gt200 or any other card  , so the nvidia competitor for the 4890 is the GTX 260 its common sence to know these if u are so into gamming and hardware. now chwck the specs and tell wats more affordable, wat has the upper edge in performance.

READ what Im saying. I never said Nv was better. I simply said that the "facts" you stated were WRONG. If you're referring to the HD4890 vs the GTX 260:

Your statements:

The 4890 has a higher clock speed than the GTX260.
Sorry, but there isnt exactly a "clock speed". Theres a core clock, a shader clock and a memory clock. "clock speed" doesnt refer to any of them.

The 4890 has more stream processors than the GTX260.
FALSE. The GTX260 has 192 SPs while the 4890 has 160.

The 4890 has more transistors than the GTX 260.
FALSE. The GT200 has 1.4 billion transistors while the Rv770 has less than 1 billion.

The GTX260 has greater memory bandwidth (a.k.a bitrate) than the HD4890.
FALSE. I cant remember the bandwidth of the 4890, but the GTX260 has 111.2 GB/s of bandwidth. Thats less than the 115.2 GB/s of bandwidth the 4870 had. Mind you, the memory clocks went up from 900MHz to 975MHz in the 4890, so ATI obviously wins there.

If you READ my post, you'd realize that I didnt disagree with the fact that the 4890 is a better choice than the GTX260. However, I pointed out that Everything you said in that post is WRONG.

P.S.: Do you even know what a GT200/Rv770 is? :\ ...Without the help of google aiya, that is.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:39:21 pm by mumble »
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline raven

• The fools will not hinder me
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #1086 on: November 04, 2009, 06:42:50 pm »
4890 is competing with 275 i guess...not 260
« Reply #1087 on: November 04, 2009, 07:03:09 pm »
Well i post the article, the article is What it boils down to is simple childish behaviour clearly aimed at keeping ATI's DX11 launch sales as low as possible. and it may be bullshit, may be true, may be nvidia want to cool down there’s customers, coz every fan boys of nvidia start to worry after ATI launch 5800 series ,

In the past Nvidia is the best no argument about that , but ATI caught up and in many ways are now in a better position than NVIDIA with their ultra-affordable performance cards in the 4800 series, with their 5800 series  with performance was to changed the entire scene again, and  so far now is 5800 is the best with performance and quality, and it is the one and only Direct x 11 card out now , even nvidia may be release a card in the future but the price going to be very high, looks lyk everybody that owned nvidia card are start to worry ,

But recent times have changed the game significantly for NVIDIA - no longer are they riding the first wave of new technology, and are actually lagging behind ATI with next-gen parts. This normally wouldn't be quite newsworthy enough by itself, since we either have one or the other with parts first, but it's how NVIDIA is behaving that speaks volumes more about their tech than any news we've had so far ever could.

Instead of bragging about their upcoming DX11 parts NVIDIA has thrown their press release team into full-blown defence mode, spreading word far and wide in a precautionary (and some would say petty) way to attempt to ward enthusiasts off ATI's DX11 tech.

Nvidia were first to release DX10 card (where they), they're now instead attempting to take as much of the focus and excitement about the new parts away. What this all boils down to is that NVIDIA simply isn't ready to launch their DX11 technology, something backed up by rumours of their less than 2% functioning yields, and definitely shown through their behaviour. It's pretty sad to see a company as big as this behaving in this way, especially when ATI didn't when the situation was reversed some years ago.

so far ATI best with performance and budget.

Hey I am sorry It's your post. Anways what's the point of bragging about DX11 when there aren't many games around (Dirt 2 is expected in Dec). I fully agree with you on the cost benefits in ATI cards, but the performance wise the Nvidiea's top of the line cards are still in par with the new 5800 series in different games. Just look at the performance benchmarks If you have time. But the new 5800 will definitely force Nvidia to bring down there highly overrated GPU prices to affordable levels. Being a Nvidia fan boy I am thrilled.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-5870,2422.html
"Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise. View life as a continuous learning experience"
Saman E ...  the mature gamer 
« Reply #1088 on: November 04, 2009, 07:33:19 pm »

true but in some games the 260 distroys the  4890 ex-  crysis
« Reply #1089 on: November 04, 2009, 08:29:33 pm »
Let's make a new thread for fanboi flame wars! Seriously! >_>

But one thing's for sure. nVidia's Fermi isn't coming out anytime soon. So, if you are buying a new rig today, ATI all the way because of DX11 and performance isn't that bad either (I mean, the 5800 series is great, but 5700 series is SO RETARDED!)

But if you are going spend some serious dollars in your next rig, you better hold off. Because, from what I can see, the Fermi will come out on top of the performance charts when it is released. It might cost an arm and a leg to own one of them, but that's why I said *serious dollars* in the first place. XD

Offline Daelin

• Death Company
  • [DC] Ace Of Spades
    • View Profile
    • Death Company [DC]
« Reply #1090 on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:40 pm »
Let's make a new thread for fanboi flame wars! Seriously! >_>

But one thing's for sure. nVidia's Fermi isn't coming out anytime soon. So, if you are buying a new rig today, ATI all the way because of DX11 and performance isn't that bad either (I mean, the 5800 series is great, but 5700 series is SO RETARDED!)

But if you are going spend some serious dollars in your next rig, you better hold off. Because, from what I can see, the Fermi will come out on top of the performance charts when it is released. It might cost an arm and a leg to own one of them, but that's why I said *serious dollars* in the first place. XD

Good idea! Personally, it seems to me that ATI is rushing into the market a bit. :S I foresee problems ahead for ATI. :S

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 04, 2009, 08:55:01 pm »

That still wouldn't make any of his statements correct :P

Good idea! Personally, it seems to me that ATI is rushing into the market a bit. :S I foresee problems ahead for ATI. :S

Agreed. Like I said earlier (top of this page), I think they're overeager to put pressure on Nvidia. TMSC's latest report pinned 45nm yields in the 40% ranges, citing some chamber matching issues. Unsurprisingly, availability has dropped through the floor and the price has gone up. Aren't they ruining their own reputation and giving people a reason to look forward to Nv's reply? And if Nv do come with a strong reply before the yield issue is fixed, they might have a problem (although I think TMSC's 45nm yield issue would apply to all 45nm chips, including Nv's next one).
HE-MEN.Splendid
« Reply #1092 on: November 04, 2009, 09:05:38 pm »
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHz : Bus Speed 800Ghz
VGA: nVidia Geforce 9600GT 1GB ddr3
RAM" Kingston 2x2 =4GB 667MHz
HD" MaXtor 250GB SATA
« Reply #1093 on: November 07, 2009, 10:35:05 pm »
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 [email protected]
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L
RAM: 2GB(2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz Kingston
VGA: nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB DDR2
HDD: 160GB Maxtor SATA , 320GB Seagate SATA
Case: Foxconn TLM-776
« Reply #1094 on: November 08, 2009, 04:41:36 pm »
did a tiny upgrade to the rig...
put a Logitech MX518 mouse  ;D
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD, OCZ agility3 90Gb SSD, OCZ Arc 100 240gb SSD, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.