web analytics

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for a DotA Tournament
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 06:50:03 pm »
Uhhhhhhh dude theres sumthin called freedom of opinion.......Jus want u 2 no cos it seems like u were born yesterday!

Freedom of opinion is valid only if it conforms to forum rules. Posting about football on a dota thread is off-topic. Like I always say, if you have nothing constructive to say on this forum, dont post at all.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 07:26:35 pm »
=O imba.....im so sure anouk would have begged viren and udesh to put his name also >.>
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 08:16:04 pm »
haha no anouk did give sum valid input :P

and thanks rav for the above :)

Btw guys just an update, i had a long convo with sum of the DC guys and we blieve we can make this happen. At present we have set the tourny date to be the 4th,5th and 6th of september and plan to have it at elements.

We plan to have a website under Death Company where the individual players can go and register for the tournament bidding and this site will be up during the course of this month.

So far everything is looking good but no guarantees as yet so lets keep our fingers crossed :D. We'll talk to Tensa and the boys when they get back and see what they think as well.

Offline WinDR@zoR

• I'm dead... . and I'm pissed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 08:24:11 pm »
Polos curry FTW
Nice concept
Try givin it a test run soon..
BTW viren wats wit u & mark?  ;D
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 08:37:38 pm »
Nah, just felt like dissing Mark 4 times in the span of 3 paragraphs :P
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:10:43 pm »
the only concern is the quality of the players we got. in order to do this we need to get more than 8 good teams thats 40 good players.

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 09:48:32 pm »
Shouldn't be too much of a problem right? I mean not all 40 have to be uber-pro right? It could be like 2-3 pros per team, and the rest can be composed of up-n-comers... Kinda like how the IPL is at the moment.

Could even be some good exposure to some of the new blood (provided their good to begin with) to organized competitive/pro-style DOTA playing.
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 10:00:47 pm »
Welll!! Its not a bad concept from what it looks.. As red said we need 40 good players who can play according to a given style.. I mean is not everyone can play the heroes that are given by the captain. Well also mentioned some time needs to be given to prac so that players get use to each other...
How will points be given to each player for the captains to buy??
Well even i could give a helping hand to this event :D
Removable Vinyl Skins for your Laptop!<br /><br />Need a totally new look for your boring Laptop? Need something to make it special? To stand out of the crowd? SkinBling has the perfect solution for you. Introducing for the first time in Sri Lanka, we bring you Laptop Skins.<br /><br />Visit: http://www.skinblings.com/

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 10:03:48 pm »
Err.. How do you value the players?

EDIT: To clarify, if you plan on having captains bid for players, how would you determins his/her starting value?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:05:42 pm by mumble »
HE-MEN.Splendid
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 10:04:25 pm »
Yeah that was the initial idea, a few pros per team together with less skilled players. Considering the captains will be all pros, 1 pro per team is basically guaranteed. Plus as I've stated in the first post, the bidding will take place a few weeks prior to the tournament so that the teams can practice.

And mumble, the captains will bid for the players, not purchase them for a set price. I've stated all this in the first post :\
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:07:41 pm by [H]awk-[EyE] »
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 10:32:07 pm »
Well think of it this way. As stated in the original post by Hawk Eye, every player's starting value will be 1 point and thereafter captains will bid for them, thereby inadvertently raising their value in accordance to how badly a captain wants that certain player in his team, therefore revealing a rough estimate of their value as a player....

One of the concepts of this League is that it allows players to learn to play proper competitive DotA rather than the usual pubstomping 8/10 agility heroes per game joke.
Another is, as DC Razor so adequately put it, to allow rising players to learn by playing alongside the established pro players, a chance they would otherwise have a slim chance of experiencing due to the pros usually being huddled in one team. It also gives the pros a chance to uproot new potential in case one of their members leaves the DotA scene momentarily.
Mainly however, we decided to bring this in because to be honest, it seems like a potentially fun tournament if we could get it to take place and it has scope for plenty of entertainment as long as everyone is willing to contribute a portion of their time to make this happen.
DarkLeader_123
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 10:34:45 pm »
Yeah! What he said :P
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »
Yea im confident this can be done. Not every player has to be good. This will be an even mix to help the new comers learn as well giving an opportunity for the pro players to teach a little sumthing to the new comers. The main thing we were thinking about when we came up with this idea is integration of players of varying skill levels. Nothing is ever gna improve if all the best players stay in 1 team and keep taking the top spots. Besides bidding is so much fun  :D and even if we dont get all really good players, lets just try this out and see how it works out . We hav nothin to loose  :)

We're wokin with DC to make this happen and so far so good. We just need to muk and the guys to get their input and if all goes according to plan, registrations should commence during the first week of august.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 11:50:41 pm »
Good idea..Start working on this..Il help u guys out in any possible way :)
Making the teams fair is going to be an issue
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2009, 12:02:41 am »
Awsome Concept..:) ... Go Udesh, Anouk and Viren...!!!
:P     >>|D<<   :P

:)   :)   :)   :)   :)