web analytics

Online sk

• I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
{Buying} Hikvision 22 inch monitors. Are they good?
« on: October 17, 2020, 02:18:12 pm »
Hello, has anyone used one of these Hikvision monitors: https://www.hikvision.com/en/products/Transmission-and-Display-Products/Monitors/Value-Series/DS-D5022QE-B/

Would like to know the quality of them and if they are usable for gaming. It is the cheapest (around 13k) new monitor I could find in ikman.lk with a 1080P resolution. Others had that lower 1300x768 res. If it is good and if u know of a good place to buy one for this price or even lower leave a comment below. If u got any other recommendations for this price, leave a comment about that too. Many thanks.   
Re: {Buying} Hikvision 22 inch monitors. Are they good?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 04:30:27 pm »
What's the warranty like, 1 year? Personally, I'd rather buy something from a known brand like Samsung, LG, Lenovo, HP, Acer etc. for like 11K with a 6 month warranty. Lot of monitors from offices come down to LK and sometimes you can get lucky and get an IPS or VA panel, instead of a basic 1080p60 TN which I assume the Hikvision would be. Those are meant for CCTV monitoring so doubtful they'd prioritize image quality over cost.
Parting out PCs, PM if interested. Only following remain.

1x Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm
1x Samsung 500GB 7200rpm
Intel Pentium G3220
MSI H81M-P33
2x Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
1x DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz
2x H61
E7600 C2D CPU
MSI G31

Online sk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 05:58:52 pm »
What's the warranty like, 1 year? Personally, I'd rather buy something from a known brand like Samsung, LG, Lenovo, HP, Acer etc. for like 11K with a 6 month warranty. Lot of monitors from offices come down to LK and sometimes you can get lucky and get an IPS or VA panel, instead of a basic 1080p60 TN which I assume the Hikvision would be. Those are meant for CCTV monitoring so doubtful they'd prioritize image quality over cost.

Shops have listed their ads saying they give 3 years warranty for the Hikvsion. Idk how it would be like if u actually had to go for a claim.

Any specific place u know that sells some decent quality office used monitors that u mentioned about. Would be very pleased to get an IPS if thats possible.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 08:26:22 pm »
Shops have listed their ads saying they give 3 years warranty for the Hikvsion. Idk how it would be like if u actually had to go for a claim.

Any specific place u know that sells some decent quality office used monitors that u mentioned about. Would be very pleased to get an IPS if thats possible.
Ah, 3 years is the standard warranty on most branded items and good for the price if it's decent quality! Assumed it was 1 year because that's the standard warranty offered in most Asian countries by Hikvision. They do make decent CCTV cameras though, and pretty sure that monitor is more than enough for the intended purpose. Specs point out to a basic 6 bit + FRC TN monitor. My old S22C300B had the same specs while being almost a decade old, yet probably had better image quality as the Samsung scaler was very good. I experienced this first hand when I plugged in a panel from a Viewsonic 22" TN into the Samsung scaler; where the image was noticeably better, more colourful and clearer on the same panel than with the Viewsonic scaler it was attached to.

Location? If in Colombo, I usually stuck with Redline and later Nanotek for brand new items while for used items, Nexxcom was close to where I lived and offered decent prices.

1x Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm
1x Samsung 500GB 7200rpm
Intel Pentium G3220
MSI H81M-P33
1x DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz
2x H61
E7600 C2D CPU
MSI G31

Online sk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 04:58:54 pm »
I experienced this first hand when I plugged in a panel from a Viewsonic 22" TN into the Samsung scaler; where the image was noticeably better, more colourful and clearer on the same panel than with the Viewsonic scaler it was attached to.

how do u do this? is it a swap in some circuit board inside the monitor?
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 08:36:33 pm »
how do u do this? is it a swap in some circuit board inside the monitor?
Both models were 22", 1080p60 monitors and they're based on the standard 30-pin LVDS connector. Wasn't a replacement because the Viewsonic monitor was working fine though older, wanted to check if it was the panel or the scaler on the Samsung model which had gone bad. The Viewsonic had a LG LM215WF2 panel while the Samsung had a Chi Mei Innolux M215HGE panel. Plugging the known good panel into the monitor with a bad display showed the main circuit board was in good condition, and actually gave better image quality while being able to overclock the panel to 72 Hz unlike the Viewsonic which was stuck at 60 Hz. Good for troubleshooting which component was bad, but not as a replacement unless you can find same/similar panel type because
1. Mounting holes don't match
2. Picture was inverted (Samsung drove the panel top to bottom while other way on the Viewsonic MCB)
3. Different backlight configuration and connector

Gave away two of the working monitors and threw away the SS because a replacement panel was 10-12K used, 15-18K brand new. Can get a whole monitor for that price. I bought it in 2012 for 22,000 so wrote that off as a total loss.

1x Hitachi 2TB 7200rpm
1x Samsung 500GB 7200rpm
Intel Pentium G3220
MSI H81M-P33
1x DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz
2x H61
E7600 C2D CPU
MSI G31