Gears of war 4 PC [GOW4]
« on: September 04, 2019, 09:27:05 pm »
Hi All

this is just my experience regarding GOW 4 on PC.
i got the ms store key so run in to downloading trouble. i fixed it by applying LCU (07/2019) and LSSU (07/2019) for the os. then reset the ms store via GUI and from command line. restarted the OS and then downloaded the latest ms store version. after that the download got completed and the game got installed. so the total size was near 140GB. version is 14.4.0.0

the game is running on unreal engine 4. i was able to play the game at 4k DSR resolution with all setting set to the max levels. the average FPS was about 45. compared with crysis 3 graphics this one sits below. story is also shallow and the game ends sooner than you think it going to end.

so my advise is do not get any any big size games from MS store. also like i did if you want this game get it when its go below 10$ mark. not worth above it.
hopefully MS fix this download issues before Halo franchise goes alive on MS store.
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.