What is your SLT broadband speed? (2019)
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:07:56 am »
Hi guys,

I need help. I've been battling with Dialog 4G for years now - I've requested them to upgrade me to their 4.5G connection (that they supposedly have), and they did, but are now saying the 4.5G towers in my area are not enabled due to not enough 4.5G customers???

Anyway, while speedtest usually gives me good results via Dialog - real life, actual usage is complete dogshit.

Unfortunately, I live in an apartment which has installed copper cabling and getting a fiber connection is not possible apparently.

I am now considering to switch back to SLT broadband (used it about 4 years back) and was wondering if it has gotten any better. They now advertise up to 21 Mbps??

To be honest gaming is not my primary need right now, I just need stable speeds where I don't feel like bashing my head against a wall every time I go online.

HENCE - wanted to know if you guys could kindly share some speed test results (those of you who are on SLT broadband only pls) so I know the real life results in 2019.

// Any other internet-related suggestions are more than welcome //
Re: What is your SLT broadband speed? (2019)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:56:55 am »
I'm on fiber so usually it stays at least on 10MBps. while the max is 12.5MBps. sometimes weird stuff happens when i download games via steam or origin cos both clients reports of speeds that goes like 15MBps and i know i cannot be true due to max limit is set to 12.5MBps.
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 01:58:57 pm »
I'm on fiber so usually it stays at least on 10MBps. while the max is 12.5MBps. sometimes weird stuff happens when i download games via steam or origin cos both clients reports of speeds that goes like 15MBps and i know i cannot be true due to max limit is set to 12.5MBps.

I think you mean MB/s.

Anyway not too interested in Fiber data/speeds as I mentioned my apartment can't get it unfortunately.

Just looking for data regarding broadband

Offline haZh

• SLT 64Kbps Is Not Ethical
    • View Profile
    • CounterFun
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 10:27:39 am »
Got this screenshot. I'm using SLT 4G but don't expect this speed to be consistent. I will censor this download address because I don't trust those pricks at Sri Lanka Telecom if they will find this server and throttle it to shit. Sorry about that.

After exceeding your monthly data cap, your entire connection will be throttled down to 6KB/s (64Kbps) which takes about 2 hours to load Google Search. I think Dialog 4G gives like 15KB/s after exceeding the data limit but I'm not sure about that. Back when I had Dialog 3G, it gave me around 15KB/s but that sucked too because the network wasn't that much stable.

Never get fooled by those Mbps speeds advertised by local internet companies, you should calculate it to real MB/s to get an idea about the real experience in this age of internet. If anyone who's reading this is confused about that, read this: https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:30:39 am by haZh »
Join CounterFun http://counterfun.cf
- Send you inquiries to: [email protected]