Offline NilFBosh

• Challenge Accepted (Y)
    • View Profile
PSU Damage
« on: December 14, 2018, 09:21:29 am »
Hey guys, so I turned on my computer this morning and few seconds into bootup, heard this small bang noise and I see smoke coming from the system unit. I think it was probably from the PSU cause I touched it afterwards and it felt hot. It's a Raidmax 450W that I got in 2013, so most likely that is the problem? So I'll be looking at getting a new PSU

My question is, does anyone know if my motherboard and other components would have also been damaged in the process?
Re: PSU Damage
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:23:24 am »
Check carefully for dark marks or burnt smell on those components. If you're confident nothing's wrong, plug a working PSU to verify.

Offline NilFBosh

• Challenge Accepted (Y)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 10:29:16 am »
Check carefully for dark marks or burnt smell on those components. If you're confident nothing's wrong, plug a working PSU to verify.
I did yep, checked the mobo and it didn't seem to have any marks. Just the PSU smells burnt. I don't have a spare PSU to check so I'll have to check with the new one I purchase.

Offline EGS

• For the Best Support Service Call EGS
    • View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:45:08 am »
May be an insect had gone inside that could hv caused the short. If you bring it we can check it for u, call us before coming if u want 2 get it checked.
E-Globe Solutions Pvt Ltd., 87 5th Lane, Colombo 3. Tel : 0777-802534 / 4795632 / 4718517
For Branded Desktop / Laptop & EGS PC, Gaming Needs from Power Supply, Chassis, VGA cards to PC Accessories, UPS, Printers, NUC & Many More
www.eglobe.lk  www.fb.com/egs.lk