How to bypass SLT data caps (throttling)?
« on: September 13, 2018, 01:28:45 am »
Is it possible to bypass SLT throttling my speed down to 10 Kb/s  when I reach my 30 GB data cap? Is there some way that I can hack this or get around it? I feel like someone must have found a way to accomplish this, telecom companies make money for every single MB of data it is ridiculous and unethical. They don't want to offer an unlimited package because then they can't make as much money  >:(
Please let me know if anyone knows a way to avoid being throttled after reaching these unethical data caps. Thanks in advance!

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
    • Do you like berries?
Re: How to bypass SLT data caps (throttling)?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 06:41:37 am »
It's not unethical for someone to charge you for a service. If you want more data, pay for a larger data cap.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:54:56 pm »
It's actually possible and I do it every month. You got a bit of work to do but it's well worth it and can have unlimited high-speed 4G internet.

You gotta find an activated 4G sim and do some soldering with your network cable. Follow these steps.
1) Get a bunch of activated 4G sims preferably Mobitel or Dialog as they have the highest speeds and there's a neat loophole in their systems which I'll explain at the end ;).
2) Get one of those soldering things. Like this. https://www.amazon.ca/Hobbico-HCAR0776-Soldering-Iron/dp/B0006NGZK0 Doesn't have to be fancy, you can find these anywhere in SL. Worst case scenario chewing gum even would work but it's a temporary solution since the SIM would heat-up when you use the internet and you have to re-chew a gum and paste wires again.
3) Cut your network cable and expose the individual wires and leave the end connected to your PC intact.
4) Solder or paste the exposed wires exactly like how I've shown in the picture. The colours and the slots have to exactly match. Otherwise, it won't work and you might fry the SIM so do it exactly as is in the picture.

That's it! Now you have 4G internet speeds on your PC, Laptop, MAC or whatever you can plug that network port into. The SIM is powered by the current coming from your PC through the network port and here's the unlimited data trick, you actually don't have to do anything! Since the SIM is not actually inserted into a phone and isn't communicating through Dialog or Mobitel servers for validation, they don't know the usage!! The soldering trick and the little current that comes through enables the SIM to power up just enough to allow internet access only!!! They will never know!!!!

If something happens to the SIM or soldering goes bad just use another SIM.

f*** corporations (Y) (Y) (Y)

Don't be a **king idiot an tell this to everyone. aite!  :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:57:25 pm by xearonsklavesky »

Offline haZh

• SLT 64Kbps Is Unethical
    • View Profile
    • Gaden's CS 1.6
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 07:47:08 pm »
I don't think it can be bypassed easily as the data that you consume is actually going through the SLT network so they are counting your data on their server side. The only way is to edit the amount of data from their server and nothing that you do on your client computer will give you back your speeds until the server resets next month.

Plus, yeah! Being throttled to 6KB/s is ridiculous and unethical.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:50:45 pm by haZh »
SriLK https://steamcommunity.com/groups/srilk
- Sri Lankan's gathering place for all things gaming.

Offline sk

• I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:58:01 pm »
It's actually possible and I do it every month. You got a bit of work to do but it's well worth it and can have unlimited high-speed 4G internet.

You gotta find an activated 4G sim and do some soldering with your network cable. Follow these steps.
1) Get a bunch of activated 4G sims preferably Mobitel or Dialog as they have the highest speeds and there's a neat loophole in their systems which I'll explain at the end ;).
2) Get one of those soldering things. Like this. https://www.amazon.ca/Hobbico-HCAR0776-Soldering-Iron/dp/B0006NGZK0 Doesn't have to be fancy, you can find these anywhere in SL. Worst case scenario chewing gum even would work but it's a temporary solution since the SIM would heat-up when you use the internet and you have to re-chew a gum and paste wires again.
3) Cut your network cable and expose the individual wires and leave the end connected to your PC intact.
4) Solder or paste the exposed wires exactly like how I've shown in the picture. The colours and the slots have to exactly match. Otherwise, it won't work and you might fry the SIM so do it exactly as is in the picture.

That's it! Now you have 4G internet speeds on your PC, Laptop, MAC or whatever you can plug that network port into. The SIM is powered by the current coming from your PC through the network port and here's the unlimited data trick, you actually don't have to do anything! Since the SIM is not actually inserted into a phone and isn't communicating through Dialog or Mobitel servers for validation, they don't know the usage!! The soldering trick and the little current that comes through enables the SIM to power up just enough to allow internet access only!!! They will never know!!!!

Don't be a **king idiot an tell this to everyone. aite!  :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Hey,from where did u learn this. If there's some youtube video or website guide u used can u attach it here.
I showed this to my dad, he asked how the signals are being transmitted from the SIM. 

Offline MaxPayne

• PnX-Gaming
  • THE ENERGY NEVER DIES
    • View Profile
    • Play~with~styLe
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 01:47:29 pm »
lol legal robber
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 06:20:22 pm »

Hey, thanks a bunch mate, this looks promising, just the kind of answer I was looking for. I'm going to try this out and let you know if it works. You'll be my hero if it works out!

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 07:36:07 pm »
Hey, thanks a bunch mate, this looks promising, just the kind of answer I was looking for. I'm going to try this out and let you know if it works. You'll be my hero if it works out!

Please do let me know too :)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 02:32:40 pm »

When I first saw this post I thought this was a joke. But I just tried with a spare Dialog SIM I had lying around and it works like a charm. My mind is blown right now. Thanks a lot mate.
However I didnt get the 40+mbps speeds you've shown in the speedtest. Mine were hovering around 15-22mbps mark. I am going to yank open SLT 4g router and try to connect to that sim since in our area SLT 4g has better speeds than Dialog.

Note that  I had to use a regular sized sim as it was difficult to solder the wires on the nano sim I had.

It's not unethical for someone to charge you for a service. If you want more data, pay for a larger data cap.

We deserve the right to use as much data as we need. SLT is not my father to decide how much data I should use. F**K THEM!

I showed this to my dad, he asked how the signals are being transmitted from the SIM. 

Signals are transmitted via the RJ45 cable which is soldered to the SIM. A SIM has two primary modules - the data transmission module and the subscriber identity module. As xearonsklavesky explained this method powers up the data transmission module but no the subscriber identity module. Data transmission module connects to the 4g network and transmits data but without the subscriber identity module powered on, the network has no idea who you are !!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:48:16 pm by ramishka »

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 12:14:15 pm »
Signals are transmitted via the RJ45 cable which is soldered to the SIM. A SIM has two primary modules - the data transmission module and the subscriber identity module. As xearonsklavesky explained this method powers up the data transmission module but no the subscriber identity module. Data transmission module connects to the 4g network and transmits data but without the subscriber identity module powered on, the network has no idea who you are !!!!!!

Bro, thanks for sharing this information. I must give it a try too.

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 06:54:16 pm »
When I first saw this post I thought this was a joke. But I just tried with a spare Dialog SIM I had lying around and it works like a charm. My mind is blown right now. Thanks a lot mate.
However I didnt get the 40+mbps speeds you've shown in the speedtest. Mine were hovering around 15-22mbps mark. I am going to yank open SLT 4g router and try to connect to that sim since in our area SLT 4g has better speeds than Dialog.

Note that  I had to use a regular sized sim as it was difficult to solder the wires on the nano sim I had.

We deserve the right to use as much data as we need. SLT is not my father to decide how much data I should use. F**K THEM!

hey did u have to change something in settings to get it to work. i have carefully soldered an RJ45 to a spare mobitel SIM i have and when i plugged it in, the pc didn't even detect it. i have checked the cable and if the soldering is good by using a multi meter and it was fine. could u please kindly suggest if there is anything i should try.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 09:49:44 am »
Guys! JFK it was a troll. *facepalm* :D

No, this shit won't work. I thought I left enough clues in my OP for a smart guy to figure it out. My goodness, I should be a politician in this country.
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 11:47:16 pm »
roflmao can't believe these kids even tried it or trying to at least HAHA wtf.... like seriously by this image they don't find it hard too good to be true. hope they realized not to believe everything on the internet  ;D