Offline sk

• I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
Does SLT block port 80 and 443?
« on: January 25, 2018, 01:22:48 pm »
hello im trying to setup anywhere access in Server 2012 R2, and i have been getting an error in its router configuration and suggestions online to fix it were to enable port forwarding. i tried it from my router and port forwarding in router was set successfully, however i still keep getting the error. i saw some suggestions online saying some ISPs block these ports and require you to buy a static IP from them to enable these features and i was wondering if that is whats causing the issue. would like to know if anyone has tried this process in server 2012 or tried port forwarding using SLT or even dialog. thanks. 
Re: Does SLT block port 80 and 443?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »
You need to check if your ip is exposed outside the isp network, i know you need to request dialog to do so and is not done by default, this might be the case with SLT as well. This is known as the NAT configuration. once this is done you can setup port forwarding with your router. You will need a home broadband connection and will not work on a regular mobile connection

You don't need a static ip but your ip will be dynamic. to get around that you can use a service like https://www.noip.com/. most routers support it.

This only applies if you are trying to access your server outside of your home network. If you are accessing it from inside your home, you need to open the ports on your DB server for incoming traffic
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:44:07 pm by i5hananto »
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Intel Core i7-6700 | Asus Z170-A | HyperX Fury 2666 2x8Gb | EVGA 550G2 | Cooler Master 431 | Logitech KB n Mouse | Samsung B2430H | XBox One S Controller

PSN:

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 09:35:43 pm »
You need to check if your ip is exposed outside the isp network, i know you need to request dialog to do so and is not done by default, this might be the case with SLT as well. This is known as the NAT configuration. once this is done you can setup port forwarding with your router. You will need a home broadband connection and will not work on a regular mobile connection

You don't need a static ip but your ip will be dynamic. to get around that you can use a service like https://www.noip.com/. most routers support it.

This only applies if you are trying to access your server outside of your home network. If you are accessing it from inside your home, you need to open the ports on your DB server for incoming traffic

Hello thanks a lot for replying and telling about No-IP. i was not aware about such services, however im still unable to to do port forwarding. NO-IP detects the port as closed. tried messing around with help of all sorts of online guides and tutorials for the past couple of days to get it working on both dialog and SLT. and as i was unsuccessful i had to ask help from a person who knows network stuff. he said he tried it and he was also unsuccessful and he thinks its something to do with the huawei router by dialog and slt not doing port forwarding properly. If u have done this port forwarding, i would like to know if u had such issues and if u were using the standard router slt or dialog gave. Thank you.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 11:03:39 pm »
the first thing you need to do is get a public facing IP by contacting your isp. Did you try that?
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Intel Core i7-6700 | Asus Z170-A | HyperX Fury 2666 2x8Gb | EVGA 550G2 | Cooler Master 431 | Logitech KB n Mouse | Samsung B2430H | XBox One S Controller

PSN:

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:44:59 pm »
the first thing you need to do is get a public facing IP by contacting your isp. Did you try that?

I went through lots of tutorials online and they all showed how to use a DDNS like NOIP without buying  a static IP from ISP. they simply logged into their router, added the DDNS credentials set port forwarding and its done. the NOIP gets the available public IP in our router and sets it to our domain so when we search it online, it forwards to us. they do it in less than 5 minutes but for me i tried for several days and it didnt work. so as final option i have decided to buy a IP and see if that solves it. If u know, I  would like to know if its a must to buy one to get a service like this running and how every other guide online gets it running for free? Is it because of some restriction with our ISPs only and other international ones dont have? Thank you
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 08:28:15 am »
No you keep missing my point, the ip that is assigned to you is not exposed outside of the isp network, thats the issue

you can verify this by going to a site like whatsmyip, compare that ip to the wan ip that is assigned to your router (this is available in your router system info view). if they are different nothing you try will work.

Of course, buying a static IP will work. but you can get your isp to assign a public facing dynamic ip to you as well free of charge. And you HAVE to call your isp to do this. you can't do this by yourself
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:29:54 am by i5hananto »

PSN:

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 06:53:51 pm »
No you keep missing my point, the ip that is assigned to you is not exposed outside of the isp network, thats the issue

you can verify this by going to a site like whatsmyip, compare that ip to the wan ip that is assigned to your router (this is available in your router system info view). if they are different nothing you try will work.

Of course, buying a static IP will work. but you can get your isp to assign a public facing dynamic ip to you as well free of charge. And you HAVE to call your isp to do this. you can't do this by yourself

yes what i previously tried was using my public IP and it still didnt work even though i follwed all steps carefully. the problem has been that SLT has disabled the service from their side so DDNS would not work. we contacted them and they enabled it and all is good. didnt have to buy a static IP. it took some time for them to do it however. (3 days to be exact) had to call and shout at them for 3 days for them to do it. otherwise they wont do it. Thank you once again for directing me for DDNS  :)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 11:39:00 pm »

Hello. Sry to dig out an old thread (Not that old though). I'm trying to port forward to my PS4 and I'm using Dialog Broadband which by default have disabled the necessary ports. So after seeing your post I'd like to ask, Do I need to buy a Static IP to port forward OR can I get a Public Dynamic IP for free and used a DDNS to port forward?

Thank You

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 08:39:03 am »
Hello. Sry to dig out an old thread (Not that old though). I'm trying to port forward to my PS4 and I'm using Dialog Broadband which by default have disabled the necessary ports. So after seeing your post I'd like to ask, Do I need to buy a Static IP to port forward OR can I get a Public Dynamic IP for free and used a DDNS to port forward?

Thank You

No u dont. in my case i had to request SLT and they enabled a setting from their side and it was all good after that. plus they did that free of charge. Im guessing its the same with Dialog as they use the same routers. I suggest u give them a call and tell u want to setup a free DDNS, so enable the option from their side.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 04:54:21 pm »
I sent an email to dialog and they said what I'm saying is not clear. Can you send me a text version of what you asked from SL? Plz

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 11:39:07 pm »
I sent an email to dialog and they said what I'm saying is not clear. Can you send me a text version of what you asked from SL? Plz

When we called SLT customer service and said we cant enable port forwarding in our router, the person who answered said that its disabled by default due to security reasons. to enable it they gave us the hotline to the SLT network department and we were told to tell the person there our account number and ask him to enable port forwarding, thats it. the initial customer service person that answered used a specific name (which i dont remember anymore) for this port forwarding service and we were asked to tell their network department to enable that. In your case i suggest u to call dialog and simply tell them that u want to enable port forwarding in your router and they will tell what needs to be done or will be done from their side.
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 10:08:31 pm »
When I said the same thing they couldn't understand what I was saying. Is the dialog tech consist of all monkeys or something???

Offline sk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 10:31:57 pm »
When I said the same thing they couldn't understand what I was saying. Is the dialog tech consist of all monkeys or something???

damn that's bad if they said they dont know what port forwarding is. when we called SLT as soon as we said "port forwarding not working" they responded saying its blocked from their side due to security reasons.

Im not sure if they will allow this but have u tried asking the customer service person to forward u to someone in the inside who actually knows networking stuff. in our case the initial customer service guy was aware about port forwarding issue but we still got a number to the networking section of SLT to ask from them.