web analytics

Offline Cipher

• Empowering Sri Lankan Gamers.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Perks
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 07:37:15 am »
"don't even let these guys to handshake

Hehe will try my best.

honestly i dont see this team as the best team that can compete in an international level. there are lot of best players that you have missed IMO.

i think all others like this team except me.....coz i cant say this is the "BEST TEAM" :\

We can't have all the best players out there now can we ? If we have all the best player who are we going to play against ?  :) It'll be a matter of time before other teams are formed among good players.

Hey, great idea. :) It applies to WCG only though, right?

However, all [DC] members on this team are tentative proposals only. Death Company was not approached at all regarding recruiting clan players for external teams, and we have not given our approval for such a team.

Discussions on this idea will commence in due course.

Yep WCG would be a tournament we are hoping to play. I have not restricted perks members from being members of clans. They can join and participate for cod4 in clan levels. I don't have to give them an approval to be in a clan. Perks members are free individuals and they can decide to be a part of any clan they wish. We are a 'team'. Not a company.

Anyone up for a match with perks ?

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 09:15:24 am »
Are you guys sure that 1 sub would be enough? :\
That's where Team Liquid went wrong IMO

In case of inebriation break glass and use shards to slit wrists, you might wake up dead.
http://www.instagram.com/gothamsleepclinic

Offline Daelin

• Death Company
  • [DC] Ace Of Spades
    • View Profile
    • Death Company [DC]
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 12:10:27 pm »
Yep WCG would be a tournament we are hoping to play. I have not restricted perks members from being members of clans. They can join and participate for cod4 in clan levels. I don't have to give them an approval to be in a clan. Perks members are free individuals and they can decide to be a part of any clan they wish. We are a 'team'. Not a company.

You are supposed to ask a clan before you can just use their players. Personally contacting one person is not enough when you are recruiting an entire clan team into your "new" team. Whether you like to give approval or not is irrelevant. Your approval isn't needed for anything here. Death Company was not approached regarding the use of their players in such a team and therefore we have not approved the use of [DC] players in such a team. As far as we're concerned, all [DC] players on that team list are tentative proposals only. They will not play any matches whatsoever until we have discussed this further.

Which is why we will discuss this further when we meet you in person.

You have clearly overstepped a boundry here.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:19:49 pm by Daelin »

Offline Munky

• Death Company
  • Pr1M4T3
    • View Profile
    • www.munkycage.blogspot.com
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 12:13:45 pm »

yea how abt DC Reds vs Team Perks? oh... thats right... THEY ARE TEAM PERKS lol... ur like a cheap business man.. Buying someone elses stuff n selling under a different name ahahah
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »
BTW aren't you supposed to have a qualifier or something? How did you evaluate the players' skills?

Offline Cipher

• Empowering Sri Lankan Gamers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 06:05:55 pm »
Team members were not selected overnight. Several players and teams were evaluated using demos and match performances during the last 3 months and I concluded that these players are the most suited and most dedicated right now. Most important aspect is that perks players have the right attitude I expected out from them. They are the best so they were recruited.

I will be recruiting 2 more players in future. Evaluations are already underway. So if you think you have the right mettle then you will be invited. This is not restricted to a group of friends. I hope I cleared things with Fragsta and GO.

Cipher

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 06:25:08 pm »
OK let's keep away from the personal hits pls :) Constructive critcism about this issue is welcome ofcourse.

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:12 pm »
I like your gameplan Cipher ;) Best of luck with your forays into international territory! WCG here we come!

P.S. Although I agree the clan should have been notified in advance (and not just the players) before this thread was started/Team Perks was announced, there's no reason you shouldn't let them play Daelin. After all they're only playing as a team and not a clan. Just like BBB and Liquid.

They still belong to us ;) LoL
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass

Offline Daelin

• Death Company
  • [DC] Ace Of Spades
    • View Profile
    • Death Company [DC]
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 07:02:31 pm »
I like your gameplan Cipher ;) Best of luck with your forays into international territory! WCG here we come!

P.S. Although I agree the clan should have been notified in advance (and not just the players) before this thread was started/Team Perks was announced, there's no reason you shouldn't let them play Daelin. After all they're only playing as a team and not a clan. Just like BBB and Liquid.

They still belong to us ;) LoL

I'm afraid you have completely missed the point here.

Offline Onca

• kthx. [FD]
  • 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 07:53:36 pm »
I'm afraid you have completely missed the point here.
I concur. The aces have every right to be upset. Although I sitll hope this team gets put together :)

Offline GO

• View Profile
    • Archmodels
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 07:55:28 pm »
Team members were not selected overnight. Several players and teams were evaluated using demos and match performances during the last 3 months and I concluded that these players are the most suited and most dedicated right now. Most important aspect is that perks players have the right attitude I expected out from them. They are the best so they were recruited.
Cipher

that conclusion was wrong my friend :(

you have only go through this 3 months. i am with the cod4 scene more than 1 year. and i bet u, that the going through demos were not enough for selection of members for this kind of serious matter.(coz u said that ur going to target international level. if u only play in local tournaments i dont care for selecting anyone)
so i still dont think this as the best team that can compete in an international level.(time will tel whether im right or wrong)
i accept that DC reds were a very good clan. but there are lot of other people wit good skills. specially thanks to the SLCG 2008 and new LCGZ server.
i would say this is rather unfair decision…..on based on misleading facts.

hope others understand.....that this is not a personal war. :)
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | MSI Z87 MPower Motherboard | Corsair H70 Cooler | Corsair Vengence RAM DDR3 16GB (2x8GB) (1666MHz) Dual Channel | MSI nVidia GeForece 660GTX | Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold PSU | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD | 1500GB Total HDDs | Samsung SyncMaster 2233 22'' LCD | Chinese Server Casing | Razer Deathadder | SteelSeries Qck mini | Windows 8 PRO 64bit
www.archmodels.lk

Offline Onca

• kthx. [FD]
  • 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 08:21:14 pm »
I dont think this team will be sent to wcg. AFAIK this is just a team to compete in the preliminaries in SL. So every team would have a fair chance (I assume so).
Not gonna comment about ciphers post ;).
Although I do find it questionable that they never ran it by the leaders of DC. Thats a big huge no no. I highly doubt DC aces wouldnt want their players to play internationally. But I think theyre upset that Cipher or the players didnt ask them first. But that is between them. I really hope they resolve this without anyone getting kicked out or anything :)
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 09:58:38 pm »
that conclusion was wrong my friend :(

you have only go through this 3 months. i am with the cod4 scene more than 1 year. and i bet u, that the going through demos were not enough for selection of members for this kind of serious matter.(coz u said that ur going to target international level. if u only play in local tournaments i dont care for selecting anyone)
so i still dont think this as the best team that can compete in an international level.(time will tel whether im right or wrong)
i accept that DC reds were a very good clan. but there are lot of other people wit good skills. specially thanks to the SLCG 2008 and new LCGZ server.
i would say this is rather unfair decision…..on based on misleading facts.

hope others understand.....that this is not a personal war. :)

How do you think team liquid was chosen. I dont think faiz(blaze) has even played CS for more than 2 years. There are many players I know who have been playing CS for more than 6 years. eg : Cipher himself. Dude these people like Cipher and rav follow all the players for months and then come to a conclusion that this player should be in the team.

If all the players are happy about it I dont think the others should worry about it. Cipher is not telling them to leave DC or avoid playing for them. Its just like faiz in kthx as well as in team liquid. No big deal about it.

Every player wants to reach the international level. Team perks has got the chance, so you'll should support them instead of saying the DC members should get permision first from the DC heads and all.

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 11:00:36 pm »
Flamebait. Topic locked for now. Its best that DC and Cipher sort out the conflict in private.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:11:18 pm by Viktor »

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 06:28:27 pm »
Thread unlocked.