« on: January 19, 2017, 02:57:22 pm »
No message
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:29:14 pm by Twitch »

Offline Twitch

• I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
Re: [Selling] Dell XPS 15 9550
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:07:27 pm »
And I didn't mention the price on purpose. Tell me what you think its worth and how much you'll pay for it. Cheers!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 03:21:32 pm »
is it Local Warranty?
Core i5 11400F | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz | GTX 1650 | Logitech G29

Offline Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 03:24:49 pm »
is it Local Warranty?

It's Dell's international warranty. Any official Dell partners in srilanka will allow warranty claims.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 03:36:33 pm »

It's Dell's international warranty. Any official Dell partners in srilanka will allow warranty claims.

Are you sure about that? I had a DELL XPS 15 as well and after doing some research I learnt that warranty is not claimable here.

anyway, just to give others and Idea on pricing this Laptop is worth 240K to 250K With Claimable Warranty.

@RZ sold one of these without Warranty for 225K I believe.
Core i5 11400F | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz | GTX 1650 | Logitech G29

Offline Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 03:47:31 pm »
Are you sure about that? I had a DELL XPS 15 as well and after doing some research I learnt that warranty is not claimable here.

anyway, just to give others and Idea on pricing this Laptop is worth 240K to 250K With Claimable Warranty.

@RZ sold one of these without Warranty for 225K I believe.

And RZ mentioned its worth more than 300,000 with tax and all. Singer sells an xps 13 for 323,000! Also RZ was planning to sell his one for about 275,000 ,without warranty ,so...... ;D

Here are some forums about dell's international warranty  in action :http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dell-international-warranty.610022/
https://www.quora.com/My-Dell-laptop-is-from-abroad-How-can-I-get-a-warranty-for-India

Authorised Dell dealers will allow warranty claims.

Offline Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 03:49:35 pm »
No offense to RZ or anyone else i mentioned, in any way.

Offline Chayan4400

• Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 08:34:35 pm »
I brought down an Ultrabook from the US for school use about 2 months ago. While I was doing research, the XPS 13 was at the top of my list as my first choice. However, the very reason I didn't buy it was the lack of international warranty. This was confirmed both by the local authorized service centre, and through multiple online chat sessions with US Dell Reps. Both the XPS 13 and 15 are not covered internationally by the standard warranty.

To get international warranty, the premium support package must be purchased along with the laptop. If need be, I have the transcripts from multiple chats all confirming that fact.

On another note, I have information from a individual who headed one of the major OEM brands for Sri Lanka who said that the Dell service centres in SL are not upto the standard of being able to support an XPS 13 locally, and at most might send it to Singapore or India to be fixed. I cannot confirm this of course, but keep in mind that this is from a well respected individual who has been in the industry fro over 15 years.

For the record, only HP and ASUS cover internationally with their standard warranties. ASUS was confirmed by a local country rep, and HP by US reps via online chat. I went with the HP, and can confirm that the warranty is valid here since I have replaced the screen under warranty due to bright spots.

Offline Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »
If anyone is interested in actually BUYING the item,feel free to send an email to the aforementioned email address. Moving to Malaysia soon,so time for offers is limited. Expecting no less than Rs. 263,100 for the device. Emphasis on the "no less" . This device can't be bought officially in Sri Lanka and import taxes ,regardless of the country of purchase,will increase the price beyond the amount specified. I'm in no hurry to sell this device. The choice is yours. Cheers! ;D

Offline NilFBosh

• Challenge Accepted (Y)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 10:46:42 pm »
If anyone is interested in actually BUYING the item,feel free to send an email to the aforementioned email address. Moving to Malaysia soon,so time for offers is limited. Expecting no less than Rs. 263,100 for the device. Emphasis on the "no less" . This device can't be bought officially in Sri Lanka and import taxes ,regardless of the country of purchase,will increase the price beyond the amount specified. I'm in no hurry to sell this device. The choice is yours. Cheers! ;D
I don't understand. You claim you're moving to Malaysia "soon" and that the time for offers is "limited" yet you say that you're in no hurry to sell the device o.0

Also this is a public forum, so users, whether or not they intend on purchasing the item, can make posts which might help an individual who is actually interested in said item.

Offline Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 11:17:38 pm »
I don't understand. You claim you're moving to Malaysia "soon" and that the time for offers is "limited" yet you say that you're in no hurry to sell the device o.0

You are right,that does sound wierd. Let me explain.

I will be going to Malaysia in February.
If I don't get a suitable offer in  Sri Lanka before I leave, I will sell it there (because I'm not in a hurry to sell the device)
If any person wants to buy this device ,it is they who will have to hurry to get this offer(as I will be gone).

Also this is a public forum, so users, whether or not they intend on purchasing the item, can make posts which might help an individual who is actually interested in said item.

I'm sorry if I sounded the way like I think that you thought that I sounded like. I wouldn't even dream of  suggesting your rights on this forum to be restricted,which is why I requested an email  to be sent to me by any interested parties.

I hope I clarified my statements sufficiently.

If you are interested in buying my device, feel free to send me an email. Or not. Entirely up to you.

Cheers! :)

P.S. - I am NOT a troll. I do actually want to sell this.