web analytics
How to connect PS4 to home theater
« on: December 09, 2016, 02:07:38 pm »
how can i connect my ps4(not slim) to home theater using optical cable.my tv doesn't have optical port

is this a correct way

PS4 optical to--home theater bluray optical----ps4 hdmi to--TV hdmi

this is my home theater

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems/bdv-e4100
Re: How to connect PS4 to home theater
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »
Try this-

PS4 (HDMI)     --> TV
PS4 (Optical)   --> Home Theater

Reroute Audio from HDMI to Optical from PS4 settings.
Intel Core i5 7400 | Asus ROG Strix B250F | CM Hyper 212X | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP | HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Team L5 240GB | 2* WD Blue 1TB | 2TB WD Blue| EVGA G3 750W | NZXT s340 Elite White | Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 | Logitech G402 | Corsair Void Wireless & Shure SRH1540 | Logitech Z623 | Modi 2.0 | Acer Predator XB1 2K 24" Gsync 144hz
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:29:32 pm »
Try this-

PS4 (HDMI)     --> TV

I tried this method and I had to choose funtion option in bluray player to select "TV funtion" to get the sound.but I think that sound is stereo.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:56:30 pm »
You could simply use ARC (Audio Return Channel).

Connect your PS4 to the TV using HDMI. Then connect the Home Theatre to the ARC labelled HDMI port on the TV. Change Home Theatre setting to use ARC for TV Audio. This eliminates the need for Optical and makes controlling it easy because it's all linked through HDMI. Surround sound always works with ARC since it simply passes that digital signal to the home theater without doing any processing.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 12:08:56 am »
You could simply use ARC (Audio Return Channel).

Connect your PS4 to the TV using HDMI. Then connect the Home Theatre to the ARC labelled HDMI port on the TV. Change Home Theatre setting to use ARC for TV Audio. This eliminates the need for Optical and makes controlling it easy because it's all linked through HDMI. Surround sound always works with ARC since it simply passes that digital signal to the home theater without doing any processing.

Thanks,but the problem is my tv doesn't have ARC HDMI
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 10:39:38 am »
Try this-

PS4 (HDMI)     --> TV

when I contact PS4 support they also told me the below method

PS4 - optical output --> home theater
PS4- HDMI output --> TV

Then you need set some features on:

Settings --> Sound and Screen --> Audio Output Settings --> Set Audio Output --> Digital Out (Optical)

and then

Settings --> Sound and Screen --> Audio Output Settings --> Audio Format --> Bitstream DTS or Dolby

I tried that and I had to choose "TV function" in bluray player to get the audio through the home theater.But that sound is not so loud and I think stereo sound is coming through that.How can i fix that.what other settings needed to change in bluray player and pS4 to corrctly configure the sound also when I change the setting in PS4
Audio Output --> Digital Out (Optical) it ask me to choose DTS,dolby digital 5.1,AAC, is my home theater support those types?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/all-in-one-home-cinema-systems/bdv-e4100

but I didn't try this
Settings --> Sound and Screen --> Audio Output Settings --> Audio Format --> Bitstream DTS or Dolby

thanks