Offline salindrai

• teamwork and intelligence wins a game
    • View Profile
Buy Video Games With Very Little Money
« on: August 12, 2016, 05:49:19 am »
I hear many gamers in Sri Lanka say they don't have money to buy games and the reason for playing cracked games. Yet have money for computer hardware, Sometimes expensive hardware but still use cracks. 

Any good hobby requires investment, through time or money. Gaming requires both.

Games don't have to be an expensive hobby if you don't want them to be. Armed with some simple information, you'll be able to save in no time. Want to pick up AAA releases for $20 to $45 off months before launch, or pick up hundreds of games for the price of two or three retail games, reducing your average cost per game from $60 to something closer to $2 or $3? It's totally possible, and anyone can do it. 

Monitor The Sales, Bookmark These Sites

Ah, sales. They've become a daily occurrence in today's gaming world. If you want a game and it's on the market, chances are high you'll find it on sale somewhere soon. That said, based on the sheer number of them, it can be challenging to separate the good deals from bad. Fortunately, some great resources have sprung up over the past few years, each with their own methods of curation.

For community-driven efforts, Cheap Ass Gamer and Reddit both have different styles. CAG does just about everything. Reddit's thread-sorting process mean that the best deals tend to float to the top, through users can sort by newest as well. Even better, these communities are frequented by staff from Amazon, Humble Bundle, and other companies, letting consumers talk to the retailers, get a feel for what's going on, and, in some cases, even get previews of what sales are coming.

Watch Steam Sales, But Spend Carefully

Buy Bundles

This is mainly for the PC market, but game bundles will also occasionally be available for consoles. Humble Bundles are a great example: they’re offered on a “pay-what-you-want” model, and you can support a charity with part of your purchase. What more could you ask for? At the time of this writing, the Humble Bundle includes

Pay what you want ($1+):
• Tharsis
• Savage Lands (Early Access)
• Kholat

Pay more than the average (currently around £3.25/$4.20):
• Space Engineers (Early Access)
• Rust (Early Access)
• Shelter 2

Pay $14 (about 2038 LKR) or more to get:
• Planetbase

The bundle ends in a little under 2 weeks from now so you have some time to make up your mind.

Watch for Game Deals

If you know where to look, you can find some really great offers on games. There are a few sites that keep track of video game sales, like CheapAssGamer, DailyGameDeals, and /r/GameDeals. Kotaku’s deals tag is a good thing to keep an eye on, too — it includes sales on other tech items, but games and consoles do show up regularly.

If you’re a Steam user, you can also find really good deals on Steam games, including sales and bundles. Good Old Games also has occasional sales that you can check out via their website or their client, Galaxy. And don’t forget to check IsThereAnyDeal.com, where you can search for deals on any game or console you’re looking for.

So my fellow gamers be a true GAMER and save up money and buy your games. Cheap games are out there do your own research ask the community for help. Be genuine and help the developers it takes years and lot of hard work and commitment.

QWWMG-EWZ3J-NFT97
TY0GD-073AH-5H6Z9
QKQ8B-4RE6A-RFPQL
XYBLK-CAD9I-2K5XI

Some keys to get you started.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:28:55 am by salindrai »
Re: Buy Video Games With Very Little Money
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 07:45:25 am »
This indeed is a true story.
Glad to see some people actually understanding the buried concept.
And them keys <3  ;D
Intel i5 4590 | Gigabyte GTX 950 g1 Xtreme 2gb WINDFORCE | MSI H81M-P33 motherboard | Kingston Hyperx 4GB Black|Kingston 8gb Ram | |Powerlogic Xenon Graphite casing with Custom Window and lighting |TOSHIBA 1TB HDD|Razer® Goliathus Speed Edition Mouse Pad| Logitech G302 gaming mouse | 21.5" fhd samsung monitor |007 450w gaming psu |Custom Sleeving|
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 07:48:18 am »
+rep good post bro

Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz | ASUS H61 Mother Board | ASUS  Strix GTX 1070 8GB OC | 8GB Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz (4GBx2) | Corsair CX500W 80+| Corsair GT 120GB SSD | Corsair GS 64GB SSD |Steelserias Siberia V2 Gaming Headset | Viewsonic 24" 1080p LED
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:43:45 am »
Good post. Some people say we are getting robbed from big companies and that's why they download pirated games. I do download pirated games and movies but at least I don't come up with bullshit excuses.
Intel Core i7 6700K | MSI Z170 Gaming M7 | Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | 2 Western Digital Blue 1TB | SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold  | Cooler Master:Master case Pro 5 | Logitech G402 | Sennheiser HD 598SE | Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Offline Silva

• Well, you got to have an opinion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 11:31:51 am »
if you don't complain even after being f***ed, nor realize it, nor call it bullshit, well, there is an industry for you, go make some more money  ;)

op, what about other top games WE WANT to play?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:33:25 am by Silva »
Core i5 2310 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV | 2x4GB ADATA | EVGA 760 SC 4GB | 1TB Toshiba | 21.5" Philips | In Win commander 3 600W | Cooler-master K380 | Logitech G100S combo
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 11:47:34 am »
if you don't complain even after being f***ed, nor realize it, nor call it bullshit, well, there is an industry for you, go make some more money  ;)

op, what about other top games WE WANT to play?

There you go. One of the "some People" I talked about. Anyway why would I complain? I buy it coz it's worth the money I pay for. How would you call that being f***ed? Some logic you got there.
Intel Core i7 6700K | MSI Z170 Gaming M7 | Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | 2 Western Digital Blue 1TB | SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold  | Cooler Master:Master case Pro 5 | Logitech G402 | Sennheiser HD 598SE | Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 11:54:40 am »
Finally someone said it! Great post! (Y)

What most Sri Lankans don't understand is, developers don't make games for you to "just give it a try" and give a comment after like an hour or two. The entire experience is what they bundle for $50-60. If you say you don't have an income to pay that much for all the good games coming out, then don't play all at once. We're not meant to play all the big titles just as they are released because 1) buying a game means spending at least a week or two playing it like we did in the old days, 2) if you spend the full price, you will feel like playing it to cover your investment, 3) you will value and enjoy it more rather than trying a pirated version for an hour and saying "this is crap compared to Witcher 3" or so.

Wait for a while. Usually prices drop down to more than half in less than 3 months. If you are really hyped about a game, then save some cash and get it just as it is out ^^ Else, just wait till the price drops. The developers don't go through years of effort for you to pirate a game and give a vague comment :)

I support anti-piracy ;D

Offline Silva

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 11:59:14 am »
@truckerice, f*** off idiot , i am not going to try reason with retarded autistic kid. end of.

I support anti-piracy ;D

Core i5 2310 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV | 2x4GB ADATA | EVGA 760 SC 4GB | 1TB Toshiba | 21.5" Philips | In Win commander 3 600W | Cooler-master K380 | Logitech G100S combo
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 12:17:54 pm »
@truckerice, f*** off idiot , i am not going to try reason with retarded autistic kid. end of.

This. When you don't have a comeback coz you know u messed it up.
I can't believe I broke you. Mighty Silva has fallen.

Offline Silva

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 12:20:21 pm »
This. When you don't have a comeback coz you know u messed it up.
I can't believe I broke you. Mighty Silva has fallen.
ahahaha, you WERE expecting a comeback then?  :D :D
you really think i can't fabricate a come back if i wanted  :P
enough with you , you are boring  :P
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »
ahahaha, you WERE expecting a comeback then?  :D :D
you really think i can't fabricate a come back if i wanted  :P
enough with you , you are boring  :P

"I agree"

Finally someone said it! Great post! (Y)

What most Sri Lankans don't understand is, developers don't make games for you to "just give it a try" and give a comment after like an hour or two. The entire experience is what they bundle for $50-60. If you say you don't have an income to pay that much for all the good games coming out, then don't play all at once. We're not meant to play all the big titles just as they are released because 1) buying a game means spending at least a week or two playing it like we did in the old days, 2) if you spend the full price, you will feel like playing it to cover your investment, 3) you will value and enjoy it more rather than trying a pirated version for an hour and saying "this is crap compared to Witcher 3" or so.

Wait for a while. Usually prices drop down to more than half in less than 3 months. If you are really hyped about a game, then save some cash and get it just as it is out ^^ Else, just wait till the price drops. The developers don't go through years of effort for you to pirate a game and give a vague comment :)

I support anti-piracy ;D

Well said. But most of the Sri Lankan's don't get this. Especially people like Silva. They think the world revolves around them.

Offline Silva

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 12:38:21 pm »
"I agree"

Well said. But most of the Sri Lankan's don't get this. Especially people like Silva. They think the world revolves around them.
lol how can you possibly say that? nobody here in glk is that arrogant or stupid to think like the world revolves around them, no it's not 'But most of the Sri Lankan's don't get this' but rather like you don't get sri lankans. there are TONs of people who pirate games who are not in glk, don't you know that. know our country and economy better man. sigh. 
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 12:42:37 pm »

Be genuine and help the developers it takes years and lot of hard work and commitment.

This is what's wrong with the industry.
Help the developers.. Support the developers..
That's some bullshit.

Get into your heads that this is an industry. Where people advertise & sell their products to other people. And you call it as "help the developers or support the developers?"

That's like going to a supermarket and buy grocery and say to the cashier "Oh I'm paying you to help the farmer. To support your manager. Or I simply want to help poor you.."

When it all began, I don't remember games being this expensive. But with time it became like a secondary neccessity. And with that the industry was born. It's the same as any other kind of entertainment business.
Tell me now do all of you who "support anti-piracy of gaming" buy all your movies, tv shows and specially music as well? If not that's some hypocritical bullshit.

I don't see any harm of paying for a product. But the thing is we aren't used to pay that much when you could almost always get it for much much lesser through pirating. And the case for this is most of us don't see it is worth the price with the economy we are used to in Sri Lanka.

If steam would do better regional support and lower the prices according to the region and the supposed income rate then many people would simply buy it other than go through the hassle of pirating.

But I feel it's unfair to charge the same amount of money say from a Sri Lankan who generally earns Rs.30000-50000 per month and a person who lives in like UK or USA which has a higher income rate comapred to the likes of ours.

I've made up my mind to buy some games that I'd really like to play if I feel like it. But I don't do it to "Support or Help the Developers".
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D | Logitech F710
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:14 pm »
lol how can you possibly say that? nobody here in glk is that arrogant or stupid to think like the world revolves around them, no it's not 'But most of the Sri Lankan's don't get this' but rather like you don't get sri lankans. there are TONs of people who pirate games who are not in glk, don't you know that. know our country and economy better man. sigh.

But there is YOU
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 01:21:57 pm »
Another thread (a rather important one) getting ruined by two arguing people.

As for the actual post, I don't buy games to necessarily support anyone or anything. And I never ask other people to buy legit games, I mean who am I to tell them how to spend their money? Personally I buy them if I really like them and/or want to play them online with friends. And most of the purchases I make are during sales. And I feel it's totally worth it.

For an example I played a pirated copy of Dark Souls 2 and I really loved it. After watching some youtube videos I saw how fun the online gameplay of that game can be. So after saving some money I bought Dark Souls 2 (remastered version) for 25$. Spend over 900 hours in it thanks to its really enjoyable online experience.

Bought Dark Souls 3 for 45$ and I've spent close to 300 hours in it. (still don't feel like stopping) It's absolutely worth it if you enjoy the online experience. Made a LOT of friends through Steam who enjoy these games like me. So for these two games alone I've spent 70$. That's close to 10k Sri Lankan rupees I believe. And I regret nothing. :)

If steam would do better regional support and lower the prices according to the region and the supposed income rate then many people would simply buy it other than go through the hassle of pirating.

But I feel it's unfair to charge the same amount of money say from a Sri Lankan who generally earns Rs.30000-50000 per month and a person who lives in like UK or USA which has a higher income rate comapred to the likes of ours.
Perfectly understandable. Prices are simply too high for an average Sri Lankan gamer. As a result I still play some pirated games (mostly ones that don't have an extensive multiplayer system).

Atleast some of the sales are at reasonable prices. Another tip if you want to buy a game from Steam, is to add it to your wishlist. You'll be notified if the price of that game drops thanks to a sale.
Core i5 2400 @3.1 GHz | Goddamn stock cooler
Gigabyte B75M-D3H Motherboard  |  2X4GB Kingston RAM DDR3 1333MHz
Asus PB278Q 1440p PLS Display (27") | Sapphire Nitro RX 480 8GB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD  |  Total Hard Disk Storage = 6TB
Logitech G510S Gaming Keyboard  |  Logitech G403 Gaming Mouse
Seasonic X-650 PSU  |  Corsair Carbide 400R Case
2.1 MicroLab M500U Audio  |  Prolink 1200VA UPS