web analytics
Re: Figuring out a future careere
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:49 am »
You say all that and then you finally ask when SLGC is taking place?
I was out of the topic, sorry guys.
Vilian0502 you seems like you work in IT field are you?
Can you give me some info about these jobs?
Data architect
Applications architect
App developer
Database devoloper

Are jobs available for these fiels (+cyber security)
I'm asking this cuz my exams are not going well. I'm working hard but i don't have much time left i will pass the exam but wont be able to go to a uni....
So i need a stable future plan.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:46:39 am by Snipe killer »

Offline unix

• There's no place like 172.0.0.1 <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:34 am »
So about the salary. Most of the companies are hiring intern employees for about Rs.15000 per months. After the training period It will be Rs.20000-30000. Then you can show off your talent and go on. If you are good at the career after 1 year or 2 you can earn Rs.60000+. When you able to go for Administration, SW architectural level or SW management level you can earn Rs.100000+ per month in a 3 year period.

This is both right and wrong. It all depends on what kind of job you do. software enginner, quality assuarance or business analyst etc. For a good dev can reach 70-100k within one year. again depends on your talent and company you work for. QA salaries are usually lower in most places. But not all places. BA salaries I have no idea about.

My point is.. Never think of these stuff when you still doing ALs. Life is sick f***ing joke. You will never know what will happen. Focus on studies rather than thinking i will do this after ALs. I was on the same spot like you. I was like f*** ALs. I'mma do computing because I like programming and I'm good at it because I was doing it since grade 8. I turned out okay. But i know several who didn't. Don't make the same mistake I did. Today even I think what if I did it with more attention.

If you are sort of quitting on this ALs chances are you might quit on university even. It's your attitude you need to fix.

Your AL result don't define how much you will be successful in SE career. But your attitude and passion does. Don't pick it for the money. Money you can earn always. You will get there one way or another. Do what you are passionate about. :)

But first focus on ALs bro :)
Samsung RU7100 43" 4K | Intel core i7 - 4770 | CM 212 Black edition cooler | MSI H81M-P33 Motherboard | Kingston 16GB DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | Zotac 240GB Premium SSD | Team Evo 240GB SSD | Western Digital 1TB Blue | Seasonic Eco 500W PSU | Logitech G402 | Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S (MX Brown) | Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro L (MX Blue) | Razer Goliathus Control Mouse Mat | Logitech Z625 2.1 | Sony Playstation Dualshock 4 controller
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2016, 10:59:54 am »
This is both right and wrong. It all depends on what kind of job you do. software enginner, quality assuarance or business analyst etc. For a good dev can reach 70-100k within one year. again depends on your talent and company you work for. QA salaries are usually lower in most places. But not all places. BA salaries I have no idea about.

Agreed. That's why I said this is the basic idea and all the numbers are for average worker. For an example I have my friends in companies earn 70000+ within 4 months of service. SE is talent related job field.

If he is network lover. That's also great. NAEs are having very high salaries. So he can go for CCNA and related network professional qualifications...
Intel® Core™ i5-6600K | Corsair H60 | MSI Z170A Gaming M3 | ZOTAC GTX 970 amp! Extreme Core Edition | Team Elite (2x8GB) @ 2400MHz | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | WD Blue 1TB @ 7200rpm | WD Green 2TB @ Intellipower | Toshiba 1TB @ 7200rpm| Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB @ 5900rpm | Hitachi 640GB @ 5400rpm | WD Elements Desktop 2TB | WD Elements 2TB | Seagate Expansion 5TB | Transcend StoreJet 25M3 1TB (MDS) | LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray Rewitter | Samsung SE-208 | Cooler Master Thunder 500W | CM Storm Scout ii customized + Red Corsair AF120s + Red Corsair SP120s + Red/White LED strip | NZXT SENTRY 2 | ASUS VX239h 23" | Corsair Raptor K40 | Asus ROG Gladius | SteelSeries QcK+ Tyloo | Logitech C110 | e3lue Cobra Pro Gaming Headset | Creative Inspire 4.1 4400 surround system | Epson L130 | HP dv6 6170tx i7 NB customized | Macbook pro 13" A1278 customized | ASUS Zenbook UX310UA Customized
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 02:15:27 pm »
Thank you for advices guys. I'm not the guy you think. I'm not from a wealthy family. My father works in a restaurant in italy. He is busting his ass there. I need a good sallery to look after him. As as ashrafa said. Well he didn't know my familiy background. So i wont balme for him. Cyber security job works fine for me. Network security admin, network security engineer,  system security admin like jobs work fine for me. Those are my fields that i like. And I'm not a greedy person after money my friends know that. But in a forum you can be judge by just a word cuz you haven't met me. I didn't try to make my mistake cuz it will make it worse. It was not my intention to make the sallery first. But i need a good sallery to make my dad happy and to look after him. If not he will continue to work in that restaurant till he is done. I don't want it i want him to be in sl and enjoy the life, not work like a slave. I hope u could understand me.

And guys when will be the 2016 slgc take place?

Being articulate online is not as easy as many people assume it to be. Some people express themselves better vocally, and some through written words. So its always better to not expect much from strangers online because of how easy it is for them to pass judgement and make assumptions about people. They can also get away with making negative and unhelpful statements. But, you can try your best to communicate in a manner where people do no make assumptions.

Everything will workout for you as long as you're active and keeping an eye out for good opportunities. If you really want to find out more about professions, try spending time with people who are employed in different places to get a better idea. Ask them about their work and what they like about it. Ask them about the culture in the office. Ask them about the potential for growth in their field. Don't forget to thank them for their time and help too. Once you have a better idea of the different professions by getting information from people who are already employed, you will have more knowledge to make a decision you are happy with.

Unfortunately; salaries in foreign countries are better than what the local companies offer. And once you factor in the currency exchange rates, you end up with an amount which would otherwise be difficult to attain in Srilanka for the same job. You could consider working abroad as well.

However; all of this can be looked into as soon as you get done with your exams. So don't lose sight of what needs to be taken care of presently.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:00:32 am by johnny_loco »
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »
Thank you jonny loco. I should give it a try. After my exam
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 11:18:03 am »

Offline Silva

• Well, you got to have an opinion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 08:08:06 pm »
trust me fella. don't you enter IT.
Core i5 2310 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV | 2x4GB ADATA | EVGA 760 SC 4GB | 1TB Toshiba | 21.5" Philips | In Win commander 3 600W | Cooler-master K380 | Logitech G100S combo