web analytics
[HELP] uTorrent not downloading
« on: June 18, 2016, 05:18:43 am »
I'm using my Dialog 4G to download movies and tv series but it doesn't seem to download. I'm trying to finish my Night Time data (there's like 10GB left).

It just says connecting to peers on Status.
I tried downloading from Steam and speed went upto 4MB/s. Surfing the web is just fine.
So there must be something wrong with uTorrent. I only got to download 2 episodes.
Now it's been 2 hours and its still showing Connecting to peers.
The Green sign on the bottom right is also not there. (Check below)
I remember this happening before but after awhile it started downloading.

Anyone knows any fix?
- And honey you should see me in a crown... - Jim Moriarty

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
Re: [HELP] uTorrent not downloading
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 08:39:51 am »
Check whether the torrent is good and has peers to connect to. Are all your torrents stuck this way?

If it's not a torrent issue, try turning off any firewalls etc you might have.

Offline Silva

• Well, you got to have an opinion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:17 am »
might be the torrents them selves, but the absence of the green OK icon indicates something with the client, usually what i do after checking seeds on particular torrent ,

1.stop all torrents >restart client > reset bans > clear peer list> then force start.
2. if that not helps check all bandwidth settings, maybe you changed something
3. reconnect net
4. if all fails, just reinstall utorrent
Core i5 2310 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV | 2x4GB ADATA | EVGA 760 SC 4GB | 1TB Toshiba | 21.5" Philips | In Win commander 3 600W | Cooler-master K380 | Logitech G100S combo
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:33:12 am »
I thought that this was a problem with my connection but then I tried with my SLT connection and the problem was there.
I deleted all the torrents, then again deleted them from the utorrent folder, restarted utorrent and it started to work again. All it needed was a fresh start and I have no idea why it did when I added them like 5 mins ago. :/

I did not make any changes. It stopped downloading after it downloaded 2 episodes.

So anyways thank you guys for the help. :)

Offline FL4SH

• | The Lost Raider |
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »
I thought that this was a problem with my connection but then I tried with my SLT connection and the problem was there.
I deleted all the torrents, then again deleted them from the utorrent folder, restarted utorrent and it started to work again. All it needed was a fresh start and I have no idea why it did when I added them like 5 mins ago. :/

I did not make any changes. It stopped downloading after it downloaded 2 episodes.

So anyways thank you guys for the help. :)

those kind of shit happen time to time. if nothing works, last resort is reinstalling the torrent client. glad you got it fixed! :)
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 10:19:04 am »
Common issue. You just need to delete and reinstate them.

I would also recommend using a different client like Deluge or Tixati because they work a lot better and come with literally no bullshit like all the extra crap you get with Utorrent. If you really want to use uTorrent, then use an older version :)

Offline xstate

• You wouldn't understand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 07:47:29 pm »
if the problem persists after a while try port forwarding as well.

Intel Core i7 8770K 3.7 GHz | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard | CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB Hydro Cooler | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200MHz CL16 (MORE RAM INCOMING) |  NEW EVGA GPU INCOMING  | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 256GB | Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD | Corsair RM750x 80+ Gold Modular PSU | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500P Mesh | Logitech G710+  Keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches  | Logitech g502 Proteus Mouse |  Corsair VOID PRO RGB USB Headset  |  CoolerMaster MP720 RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »
So far no problem, downloaded everything I needed. Waiting till next month for data.

Common issue. You just need to delete and reinstate them.

I would also recommend using a different client like Deluge or Tixati because they work a lot better and come with literally no bullshit like all the extra crap you get with Utorrent. If you really want to use uTorrent, then use an older version :)

Never heard of those clients. I might give a try in the future.

Thank you guys for the support. :)