web analytics
Bell 4G For CS GO
« on: September 06, 2015, 07:09:45 pm »
As far as I know CS GO eat internet as hell. If you play in lowest graphic settings for 7 hours, it takes like 1GB data usage :| So I thought, shift to Bell 4G from SLT. After went through some forum posts got to know that Bell 4G doesn't give a good ping. But Bell 4G Rs.1390/=(35GB) package sounds cool to me since I'm on a low budget and SLT expensive ;) I'm living in Matara City area, so I get good signal/speed in any connection here. Want to know that can I play CS Go with fair ping by using Bell 4G connection. And I don't know I play in which servers(locations). Just click find game in cs go (steam).

P/S : since I'm not a pro player like Get_Right or Shoxie , I don't expect maximum quality in game, I'm glad if I get enough ping that I can camp with a sniper in dust 2 map. At the moment I can't do sniping, cuz I'm using neighbours SLT wifi (148kbps), and enemies become visible to me, after they headshot me  :(

[I don't know what ping means even :D I'm not a tech guy  ::) I assume it's like a frame rate etc. something]

Please help me with your ideas, suggestions and experiences of using Bell 4G connection for CS Go, cuz no one here to get help with Online Gaming or Steam stuff cuz I'm in Matara  :sick: Thanks !!!  (Y)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:34:17 pm by -JUGGERNAUT- »

Offline Kando

• Life tip : You don't need fun to have alcohol.
    • View Profile
Re: Bell 4G For CS GO
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 07:33:30 pm »
Speaking from (somewhat) experience

Graphics quality doesn't affect Bandwidth usage.
An online game at max will take around 100 mb for an hour. Usually it takes around 50-70.

R.I.P Christina Grimmie, March 12th 1994 - June 10th 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:44:10 pm »
aw I thought using low graphic settings(as in attached pic) will save some internet :| and idk why my net package end fast when play cs go. So I check my data usage after playing cs go. As to my calculations, It has taken like 150mb per hour. Eventho my steam walllet balance is around 4$ , I'm enjoying searching in community market a lot. Maybe the extra mbs has used in community market. Btw thanks for the reply and infos  :)

Offline Kando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:02:02 pm »
aw I thought using low graphic settings(as in attached pic) will save some internet :| and idk why my net package end fast when play cs go. So I check my data usage after playing cs go. As to my calculations, It has taken like 150mb per hour. Eventho my steam walllet balance is around 4$ , I'm enjoying searching in community market a lot. Maybe the extra mbs has used in community market. Btw thanks for the reply and infos  :)

Probably used like 100mb an hour on the game and the rest 50 for browing the market
Try playing just the game for an hour (or half an hour and multiply by 2) and check the usage. Pretty sure it shouldn't be more than 100

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »
Nice idea  (Y) I ll do it for sure and something off topic  ::) As a moderator can you make a post or do something to bring people for dialog server, cuz I played it once and was kinda pretty good performance there. But none of those players were Sri Lankans. Probably most of people here have lot of, off peak internet remain, we can make the server populate in late night  :P I like playing with locals than playing with non English speak Russians and Chinese :| just saying

Offline Kando

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 08:36:21 pm »
Can't do anything about that. You can bump the Official thread for the Sri Lankan server once everyday to bring about more awareness of it. You could also share it on Facebook on Sri lanka CS Groups etc.

P.S There's a chance I might drop in the server today. :)

Offline Silva

• Well, you got to have an opinion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:35:13 am »
Idk about current slt/bell and cs-go, but online gaming data usage is supposed to be very minimal, check out your other stealthy bandwidth eaters, they might be also giving you high ping.

as for switching to bell, I recommend trying airtel 3G/ mobitel/hutch. some of these mobile connections are surprisingly good for online gaming. NOT DIALOG though.

as I said in another topic,
I don't know about slt but,

Try disabling anything that might use your bandwidth,

torrent/downloads
browsers
skype and updates

also stop following service
BITS

I also disable firewall completely, if you know how to be carefull, you can do that too.

always, randomly peek into your network activity to identify any stealth hogs.

FYI, i use pretty shitty airtel 3g to online gaming, i enjoy flawless play on
cod 4 and mw3, coh, and many other old games with average ping of 150ms
what's your ping with slt anyway?
I play many online games with airtel 3g with very satisfying ping and data usage. tekno mw3 18 player TDM = around 25 mb for 1 hour, company of heroes with 4 players = 10 mb for 1 hour. very happy with airtel for gaming. i mean for gaming only. it's shit at heavy downloading though :D 
Core i5 2310 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV | 2x4GB ADATA | EVGA 760 SC 4GB | 1TB Toshiba | 21.5" Philips | In Win commander 3 600W | Cooler-master K380 | Logitech G100S combo

Offline Kando

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 09:54:53 am »
Also you could go for the 1490 40GB SLT package.

Yes, there are providers out there who are "good" for online gaming. But SLT (Sadly, as a I mostly despise SLT), is probably the best for gaming.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 04:46:01 pm »
@Silva - tnx for the reply. nice bunch of infos and more confused now  ;D now more choices  8) btw my average ping is 170ms with SLT :|

@Kando - for some reasons, I'm fed up with SLT :| thats why gonna shift :| always I die like a noob thanks to SLT slow connection :| when I play with dialog zim(dongle), i get some fair amount of kills, when play with slt connection, I see enemies, after they shot me. lot lag. SLT works fine when I play cs go in like 3AM to 6AM. not other times

At last I'm more confuse with this data usage thing. gotta turn off everything related to internet and check again. I will update the post after find right amount of mb use per hour for play cs go.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:11:38 pm by -JUGGERNAUT- »