Offline db

• Death Company
  • Keep Calm and Listen to Trance
    • View Profile
Best Credit Card in SL?
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:13:07 am »
Helo folks,

I have used a CC from HSBC and am now relieved from its commitments. And I believe most of you know why.

I am in the look for a smart CC now, I will be using this for online transactions thru PayPal and through independent sites. It needs to have easy online banking, E statements.

I am considering a Seylan or a Sampath CC, I just want to get your opinion on the same for me to consider, and if you have any raw good/bad experiences with either of the bank's services in terms of their credit card facility.

Thanks in advance

Offline Kando

• Life tip : You don't need fun to have alcohol.
    • View Profile
Re: Best Credit Card in SL?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:26:41 am »
With standard chartered , You buy one movie ticket, and you get another one and two popcorns for free. I'd go with them just for that :P

But they do have alot of good offers

https://www.sc.com/lk/credit-cards/latest-promotions/en/

R.I.P Christina Grimmie, March 12th 1994 - June 10th 2016

Offline vEnGaNcE GaMeR

• $VEnGaNcE Is Brought Within..Not Born Within$
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 11:43:49 am »
HSBC...

Simply since you can use that worldwide
If your not going to travel a lot pick a card with many offers
Morpheus 2.0
Intel i7 8700K ll CoolerMaster 240ARGB AIO ll ASUS Z370-E GAMING ll G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 3000MHz ll GALAX GTX 1070 EXOC ll CoolerMaster MasterWatt 750W ll Razer BlackWidow ELITE ll Steelseries RIVAL 310 ll Razer Firefly ll AudioTechnica A50xBL Limited Edition ll DELL U2715H 27" ll FRACTAL DESIGN MESHIFY C 

Morpheus
Intel i7 4790K @ 4.2GHz  l  SILVERSTONE TUNDRA TD-02 WATERCOOLER  l  MSI Z87 MPOWER l  ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP EXTREME  l G.SKILL RiPjaWs 12GB  l  Samsung 850 PRO 250GB SSD  l  Seagate Barricuda 1TB  l  Seagathe Barricuda 2TB  l Western Digital 2TB  l  EVGA 600B 600w 80+Bronze l   Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2  l  INNOVEX 32" Diamond Series Display  l  Steelseries APEX 350  l  Mionix Castor  l  Razer Firefly Chroma l  Audio Technica A50X BL Limited Edition   l  XBOX 360 Controller x2  l BONOBoss 2.1 Speakers

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:32 am »
Sampath definitely. I've been with them for years and Sampath Vishwa online banking is one of the best online banking portals I've ever used.

That being said, I recommend not using a credit card because it encourages impulse purchases and bad spending habits. Just get a Sampath Bank Webcard and use Vishwa to check statements/monitoring. Just my 2 cents.
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 08:42:42 am »
Go for a Sampath CC. But u won't get the credit limit that HSBC offers u..

Offline Kando

• Life tip : You don't need fun to have alcohol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 10:45:57 am »
Sampath definitely. I've been with them for years and Sampath Vishwa online banking is one of the best online banking portals I've ever used.

That being said, I recommend not using a credit card because it encourages impulse purchases and bad spending habits. Just get a Sampath Bank Webcard and use Vishwa to check statements/monitoring. Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100%
Sure you'll tell yourself "I'll pay for that as soon as the month ends" But you either forget or are too lazy. And slowly slowly, the interest piles on, and you'll see yourself paying much more..

R.I.P Christina Grimmie, March 12th 1994 - June 10th 2016
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 10:36:37 pm »
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1Ghz | MSI H61M-P32/W8 | 2GB x 1 Corsair ValueSelect 1333 Mhz DDR3 & 4GB x GSkill DDR3 | HDD WD 500GB| SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB GDDR5 OC |FSP HEXA+ 550W PSU | Windows 8.1 64bit | SAMSUNG H6400 32"

Offline db

• Death Company
  • Keep Calm and Listen to Trance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 04:22:50 pm »
@RZ - ive heard about the web card, Vishwa is their online banking is it?
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:42:33 pm »
It actually depends on several factors. The Best Credit Card Decisions Start By Comparing Interest, Fees and Features. I would suggest you use a finance comparison site like five.lk to look for a best credit card in sri lanka
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 11:46:26 am »
Hi, I use Sampath web card for online transactions. It's very secure. You just have to log into sampath vishwa (online banking) then transfer funds to web card which will be done within 5 mins.. then you are good to go. The webcard has only the amount you transfer to it..so no issues.

As for the CC...i recently got a hsbc cc. Just only because local shopping. I find that even if you pay from damn money upfront the shops will still give a better discount for ccs. Thats the only reason i got one.

Personally i find sampath cc would be much better. But getting a sampath cc is a somewhat long process. But i got the hsbc card because they are actually throwing ccs away :p