web analytics
Re: People's Review - Redline Technologies
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2016, 06:54:50 pm »
what people (low self esteem people who needs everything they are even remotely associated with-for example,their pc vendor- to be the best) is that RL is a shop,not a athlete or an actor of whose fanboys you need to become.

If you need to be a fanboy to cope with low self esteem,I recommend following a sport like MMA. You will at least learn something about dedication,grit,handling failure,juggling confidence vs humility etc.
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »
what people (low self esteem people who needs everything they are even remotely associated with-for example,their pc vendor- to be the best) is that RL is a shop,not a athlete or an actor of whose fanboys you need to become.

If you need to be a fanboy to cope with low self esteem,I recommend following a sport like MMA. You will at least learn something about dedication,grit,handling failure,juggling confidence vs humility etc.
What's up with you mate? I think you're mistaking fan boys for actual customers who were satisfied with the service RL provides. I can't speak for their service personally since I haven't purchased from them but I think it'd be better if you provided constructive criticism?
On a scale of 1 to drunk, how 10 are we gonna get?
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 07:58:17 pm »
bought stuff from them
nothing broke
seems good
5/7 ;D
Such destruction, much waste, such wow , console is better than pc
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2016, 08:13:34 pm »
heh. Better late than never?

I've bought many, many things from Redline - right from inception ('10 or '11) - and I have had nothing but positive experiences each time.

I've only had one experience with a product failing/their warranty process, so let me speak a bit on that.

--

It was back in '12 that I purchased a Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset from them to ease the 'new electronic' itch I constantly get every month or so. Just a few months before I was set to leave the country to study abroad.

Fast forward 5-6 months or so. Everything was great - I was having the best months of my life in a foreign land, enjoying that sweet, sweet 7.1 surround sound and a comfort that can only be described as heavenly on my ears. Nothing could bring me down.

Alas, it was just a few 'your mom' jokes on Call of Duty later, that I realised one side of my headset simply refused to work anymore.

I tried everything - re-installed the drivers, went to church 3 times a week asking 'why me', even attempted re-installing windows! How could I possibly go back to using a pair of ol' samsung earphones?   

I was broken. Everything started playing in slow motion; I felt like my room was spinning. Was this actually happening?

I was so close to giving up. The headset was still under warranty, but it was with me - in a different country.

Thankfully, my godsend of a roommate informed me that he was going back to Sri Lanka for a week or two and that he could take my headset back to the motherland if I wanted him to.

My eyes started to sparkle, I began to have hope - could this actually work? But then, I told myself to think realistically. One week? Could Redline really take my headset, assess the problem, get it repaired/replaced and keep it ready for collection in a week? Time is not a priority for most local businesses, so I had my doubts.

With nothing to lose, I messaged Kushan on facebook. Explained the scene to him. Begged him to help me out with my best virtual 'puppy dog eyes' and multiple 'kushan pls's.
He told me to bring it over, they'll replace it. As simple as that. A massive wave of immediate comfort and reassurance swept over me.

"We'll replace it" - I'll never forget those words.

I once again brought myself back down to earth. I told Kushan I've only got a week. Two maybe. If I don't get that replacement within that time, my ears would never again experience that sensual sensation.

He told me to trust him. I did.

I waited. My friend told me he dropped the headset off at Redline. I was constantly hitting F5 on Facebook Mesenger. Waiting. I wanted Kushan to tell me that everything would be alright. I needed him to.

A few days before my friend was set to leave Sri Lanka to come back to where we were studying, I hear the familiar notification tone as my phone vibrates and lights up. I immediately rush over and check it. It's not Kushan, it's Saint Sabreen - HE'S ANSWERED MY PRAYERS.

He informs me that even though the issue of the headset was actually physical damage to the wire (heh, my bad guys), Corsair had still agreed to replace it and it would be ready for my friend to collect it the next day!

I love stories with happy endings - who doesn't? Just a few days later, I was cradling my brand new Corsair baby. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. But I guess dreams do come true.

TL;DR: Redline is bae

Note: Parts of this story might have possibly being exaggerated. Maybe.
You should seriously consider writing a book :)
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2016, 07:02:30 am »
You should seriously consider writing a book :)
I second that!! ;D

Offline Silva

• Well, you got to have an opinion!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2016, 05:40:30 pm »
according to my 'research' bae is also danish for shit  :P
Core i5 2310 | Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV | 2x4GB ADATA | EVGA 760 SC 4GB | 1TB Toshiba | 21.5" Philips | In Win commander 3 600W | Cooler-master K380 | Logitech G100S combo
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2016, 05:44:28 pm »
hmmm. why haven't I written a review yet?   o.0 o.0 o.0 o.0 o.0 o.0 o.0

I've bought so much of stuff from RL that i'm currently eating plain toast everyday for breakfast, Lunch and dinner.

JK.
I've been buying stuff from redline for the past two years i think.

Let me tell you a short story :P,
I was turned off when i went to buy a specific X99 motherboard as it was out of stock. as i was walking away from MC, almost reached Bambalapitiya flats, Kushan called me saying they have an open box unit (YAY!) went right away and bought it.

A+ for friendly staff (especially the new intern at Technical :P)
B- for Re-Stocking
A++ for prices

Never had any issues with warranty claims as nothing turned out to be broken or dysfunctional.
Dell XPS 15 9560 | Logitech MX Master 2S | Galaxy S8+
I've been crazy about building PCs all my teenage life. The time has come to let that expensive habit go.
2010-2017
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2016, 06:01:30 pm »
never been there but the website is nice and clean
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2016, 01:49:21 am »
@aaashraffaa "new intern at technical" +1 LOL
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2016, 03:07:29 pm »
So I bought a RX480 from redline about month ago. Before buying I contacted them about the Battlefield 1 promo and they said they are participating retailers over the phone as well as when I get to the store. Also Mr. Kushan posted about it on FB as well. So I bought the card went home to realise they haven't given me the code.

So I contacted them and they said they have requested the codes from AMD but they haven't got it yet. So I thought OK no problem BF1 won't come for another month so by the time it comes out I ll be getting the code.

BF1 came out on 17th yet I haven't received my code so I contacted them again to know whats going on and I got the same answer. I really don't believe it takes this much time to AMD to send you the codes coz the whole idea of that promotion was to get the card and the code before BF1 comes out.

Redline,

Now I simply don't care about the code but please try to honor your word. Do not misguide your customers. If you said in the beginning that I wont get the code I would have been OK with it. I've been a customer of you all for a long time and I will continued to be but now I feel like I've been cheated by you. Or at least you could have said you are not sure about the promotion. If you get codes I will get one sort of a thing but you guys assured me again and again making me believe. Again, try to honor your word other than giving the same excuses again and again.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:11:22 pm by truckerice »
Intel Core i7 6700K | MSI Z170 Gaming M7 | Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | 2 Western Digital Blue 1TB | SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold  | Cooler Master:Master case Pro 5 | Logitech G402 | Sennheiser HD 598SE | Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2016, 04:26:47 pm »
So I bought a RX480 from redline about month ago. Before buying I contacted them about the Battlefield 1 promo and they said they are participating retailers over the phone as well as when I get to the store. Also Mr. Kushan posted about it on FB as well. So I bought the card went home to realise they haven't given me the code.

So I contacted them and they said they have requested the codes from AMD but they haven't got it yet. So I thought OK no problem BF1 won't come for another month so by the time it comes out I ll be getting the code.

BF1 came out on 17th yet I haven't received my code so I contacted them again to know whats going on and I got the same answer. I really don't believe it takes this much time to AMD to send you the codes coz the whole idea of that promotion was to get the card and the code before BF1 comes out.

Redline,

Now I simply don't care about the code but please try to honor your word. Do not misguide your customers. If you said in the beginning that I wont get the code I would have been OK with it. I've been a customer of you all for a long time and I will continued to be but now I feel like I've been cheated by you. Or at least you could have said you are not sure about the promotion. If you get codes I will get one sort of a thing but you guys assured me again and again making me believe. Again, try to honor your word other than giving the same excuses again and again.
u have to buy the game urself
they give the code to make it duluxe edition

but hey if u are giving out bf1 to people who bought the rx480 i will gladly take one
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:28:34 pm by JanithDeSilva »

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2016, 05:37:52 pm »
Redline,

You have not been misguided at any point. When the promotion was initially announced, we contacted Sapphire and they confirmed that we are indeed eligible for the promotion, which was communicated to you and all other customers who purchased graphics cards from us. We are still waiting for AMD India to send us the relevant update codes.

If you are unsure of the validity of this, please drop by our store or office and I'll run you through the correspondence between us and AMD/Sapphire that's currently ongoing with regard to this promotion.
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2016, 08:43:46 pm »
You have not been misguided at any point. When the promotion was initially announced, we contacted Sapphire and they confirmed that we are indeed eligible for the promotion, which was communicated to you and all other customers who purchased graphics cards from us. We are still waiting for AMD India to send us the relevant update codes.

If you are unsure of the validity of this, please drop by our store or office and I'll run you through the correspondence between us and AMD/Sapphire that's currently ongoing with regard to this promotion.

India... No wonder!
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.6 GHz | Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i v2 AIO | EVGA Z170 FTW | Corsair Dominator® Platinum Series 3Ghz 16GB (4x4) | EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Patriot Spark SSD 512GB | FSP Hydro Series 600W 80+ Bronze | ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 | Raidmax Sigma ATX Tower | Crossover 32SS Freedom WQHD 1440p 32" | Corsair Raptor K30 | Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB | MSI DS502 Headset | Edifier DA5000 Pro 5.1
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2016, 01:38:52 am »
u have to buy the game urself
they give the code to make it duluxe edition

but hey if u are giving out bf1 to people who bought the rx480 i will gladly take one

Dude, you really thought I didn't know about that? Comon man :P

What I'm trying to say is what is the point of getting the code after 17th. Yes I know we can redeem it untill 30th November but the whole point of that code is to play early. Also why on earth it takes this long them to send codes?
Intel Core i7 6700K | MSI Z170 Gaming M7 | Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz | Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | 2 Western Digital Blue 1TB | SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold  | Cooler Master:Master case Pro 5 | Logitech G402 | Sennheiser HD 598SE | Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2016, 07:36:54 am »
Also why on earth it takes this long them to send codes?
This, unfortunately, I cannot answer for you :(