web analytics
Re: cheater revealed
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 11:35:46 pm »
I was not on the server at the time so i really dunno what happned but IMO Hardware and software are different issues here, but we're talking in game where someone is automatically assisted to get kills. IMO this is worse than proxy playing where a pro plays for a noob under his name. Having superfast video cards or 6-button mice no doubt gives you an advantage over others who dont in FPS and control, but in no way does it "auto-assist" you automatically to get a kill, which contributes to a winning point to the team/player points.  Even if you have 120+ FPS or 6-button mouse, you need the skill to make use of either of them, but an aimbot requires little or no skill...if you see in the video getting 3 kills was almost effortless.

If a person is deliberately hacking or testing a hack, at least have the decency to annouce it so we are all aware. The thing is that if this continues, theres gonna be lots more to follow with aimbotting and wall hax and so on. I dont think as an SL COD4 community we should allow hacking and we should respect the game. So far I dont think on LCGZ server we have had any form of hacking complaints, lets help to keep the place clean. If at all someone wants to test a hack for a while on the server (which shouldnt be the case ideally), please announce.  Whats gonna happen later is if ppl start to cheat and videos are posted around forums, it's gonna have a bad name for the player if he's really good and popular representing a clan. IMO we should come up with a "no tolerance" for hacking, whatever the hack is. At public multiplayer level, If anyones gonna use hacks it's kinda tells a sad story of disrespect to the players, server and most of all the kick-ass game called COD4.
HP Pavilion DV4-3006tx | Intel Core i5-2410m | 4GB DDR3-1333 | AMD Radeon HD 6750m 1GB GDDR5 | 640HB HDD | Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 12:00:05 am »
But did he ruin the game? He killed a bunch of people, so do I. If you think its unfair, and that anything but standard hardware and software should be used, why not also kick those people with the "gaming" peripherals? Or people who have their volume up above the normal, so they can hear footsteps more distinctly?
Im not saying that hackers shouldnt be kicked. Im saying that if a hack gives someone an advantage that some people already have, it shouldnt be called a hack, but called "training":). I do agree that if the hack is like a speed hack or wall hax or invinsibility hax we should kick :) But this was just a petty attempt at cheating. Its like giving someone who cannot swim steroids in an attempt to make them win the olympic 100m. It gives him an unnatural advantage, but that advantage isnt enough to do much vs proper players.

I need to disagree with you here. So you mean that if someone hacks and it doesnt make a difference to the final game result then its fine?? Cheaters are a disgrace to gaming. These losers needs to be banned on servers so that they could never be able to play the respective game.

Kicking a cheater will not work here too. It takes time to kick and why should we give the cheater the satisfaction of even playing the game for a single second?? They can always come back to the server by changing their name if we just stick to kicking.

Installing Punkbuster in the CoD4 server is a must. This will not only discipline players, but also stop players from accusing other good players as cheaters thus promoting good sportsmanship.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:04:34 am by shafrox »

Offline rustix

• Omnia mea mecum porto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 12:15:05 am »
onca look at it this way.. take the olympics or anything other sporting event as an example .. are drugs such as coke allowed? no it isn't.. besides the health effects, when an athlete uses drugs he/she is basically putting in very little effort into the sport as the drug simply "enhances" his so called skills.. yet even a person who normally does not qualify for a particular event could use drugs and probably win an event since the drug basically lets him not feel the pain or fatigue.. but yet to anyone else it would seem as though he's doing well.. but yet equipment such as spikes designed specifically for sprinting, or even the new speedo lzr bodykit which was produced by MAS in Sri Lanka is allowed.. this is because although these assist the athlete it doesn't not necessarily enhance him/her since at the end of it all 99% of his/her victory is purely a product of the respective person's skills and training.. although this is a bit out of context it can still be related.. drugs are like the software and the spikes and swim kits are like the hardware..

we all want a clean game and a clean chance of shining and showing our skill.. there could be plenty of untapped talent in SL but when these talents play on a server with a hacker they could be demotivated very easily.. we shouldn't encourage any means of hacking whether it be a wall hack, aimbot or a "petty attempt of a hack".. we should be very firm about this..

jungelbug

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 02:31:56 am »
i use cheatscodes

Offline Dili

• Death Company
  • Orbis Non Sufficit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 07:14:37 am »
But did he ruin the game? He killed a bunch of people, so do I. If you think its unfair, and that anything but standard hardware and software should be used, why not also kick those people with the "gaming" peripherals? Or people who have their volume up above the normal, so they can hear footsteps more distinctly?
Im not saying that hackers shouldnt be kicked. Im saying that if a hack gives someone an advantage that some people already have, it shouldnt be called a hack, but called "training":). I do agree that if the hack is like a speed hack or wall hax or invinsibility hax we should kick :) But this was just a petty attempt at cheating. Its like giving someone who cannot swim steroids in an attempt to make them win the olympic 100m. It gives him an unnatural advantage, but that advantage isnt enough to do much vs proper players.

Onca, that argument can be applied to every single cheat/hack :) Where are you going to draw the line?

Offline godlvian

• Death Company
  • done it did it dont want it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 07:42:33 am »
Honestly i dont see onca's argument here. I have never used aim bots and cod4 being my 1st computer game or for that matter fps game. Getting used to the game and how to play it took a while. I still remember when getting 5 kills on a map was a great thing..if you dont have the skill,i dont see the point in making it up with hacks which help you. Your not going to get any better @ the game, and your just getting cheap kills which i have 2 say is LAME!. Im sure all the cod4 players in sl respect a good player for his skills and not cheats used to make a person's game better. I hope PB is banned on the server which will be a warning to all the new players who have started cod4 2 take the right way and use skill and not cheats to have a good time  :)

@ intrdr we are talking about a multiplayer senario. Using cheat codes for fun on your own is fine..but not when it gives u an advantage in a multiplayer game.
i walk in the shadow...some where in between truth and denial you will find what you believe...sweet walking in the mind field...let it crumble around you...
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 08:10:43 am »

if cheater get more advantage he will use better hacking system :P then he will be a cheater 4ever :) when he kicked out of every server  or get caught he suld understand hacking is lame and playing honestly is the good game ! and i knw ppl who turn rellly great after stop hacking :) gg onca
Youtube Channel with 87 Million Views and over 45000 Subscribers

Checkout my Youtube Channel for Daily Gaming Video

http://www.youtube.com/user/LioNKoLLA
https://www.facebook.com/LioNKoLLEK/

Offline Anoren

• Death Company
  • [DC] Ace of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Death Company
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 08:50:49 am »
Onca, whatever said and done, cheating will always be wrong and you can't deny that.
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 10:07:26 am »
i didnt read the whole thing but i am 200% agreed with anoren.. cheating will always be cheating and it will not be accepted at all times
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz l Corsair 4 x 2048 MB (1333 Mhz) DDR3 Memory l Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB Factory Overclocked l  Intel DH67CL Mother board l  CoolerMaster 650w l CoolerMaster 430 Elite Black Tower l  Razor Lycosa Mirror Keyboard l  Logitech G9X Mouse l Corsair 120GB SSD l Samsung 1TB HDD l  Hitachi 160 GB HDD, WD 1TB External HDD l AOC E2462Vw Monitor l  Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Speakers l  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit  Service Pack 1 l
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 02:42:32 pm »
every1 -  nicely said .... i hope pb will b turned on sooner...
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 03:54:36 pm »
Im saying that if a hack gives someone an advantage that some people already have, it shouldnt be called a hack, but called "training":).
wait.. r u saying u can perform as well as an aim bot? o.0

Offline Onca

• kthx. [FD]
  • 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 06:52:14 pm »
Onca, whatever said and done, cheating will always be wrong and you can't deny that.
Thanks, I mean, my earlier posts clearly stated that cheating is perfectly alright
It comes down to where you want to draw the line, this is where I draw my line :)
If you have a problem with this aimbot, I fail to see why I should follow suit. But I think PB is really drastic cause it kicks people for no reason.
onca look at it this way.. take the olympics or anything other sporting event as an example .. are drugs such as coke allowed? no it isn't..
Yes, therefore we should ban them from having background programs that will slow down the system while playing CoD4 :) Nice argument.
I need to disagree with you here. So you mean that if someone hacks and it doesnt make a difference to the final game result then its fine?? Cheaters are a disgrace to gaming. These losers needs to be banned on servers so that they could never be able to play the respective game.

Kicking a cheater will not work here too. It takes time to kick and why should we give the cheater the satisfaction of even playing the game for a single second?? They can always come back to the server by changing their name if we just stick to kicking.

Installing Punkbuster in the CoD4 server is a must. This will not only discipline players, but also stop players from accusing other good players as cheaters thus promoting good sportsmanship.
Yeah, thats like saying, even a petty criminal should be given the death penalty "BECAUSE HE DOESNT DESERVE TEH SATIFACTION OF TEH LIFE LOLOLOL!!!!"
Oh and cheaters shouldnt enjoy the game? I used cheat codes for osme of the games I played, does that mean I dont deserve to play? Wait, what IS the point of playing a game? :)
I could go on with this "argument" all day long, but this isnt an argument, for one, since Azian refuses to think things through before implicating PB(which has already started kicking people out of the server randomly :D)
But also because there is /no/ argument, you just want to counter my opinion because:
A. I happen to have struck a nerve with you fair players :D
B. You seem to automatically assume that there is a universal agreement of EVERYTHING, and choose to prove this in this context.
C. Wait, is this an argument?
Here read my post again, just for the people who didnt seem to catch it. :)
Im sorry if I offended people, but actually I was offended the most, those solid counter arguments to my lowly opinion hurt me so much, I actually cried :( See, you broke my heart.

The world isnt black and white, where everything is either good or wrong. And if its wrong, the worst possible punishment should be given, ALL THE TIME. Vote kick next time pls, its not that hard.
Or you could make 3 threads(that i know of ) in two forums whining about how someone who only happened to be in the server once. And flaunting one video around saying: LOLZ I FOUND TEH CHEETER!!!
We get it, he hacked, it hurt you. Im sure it hurt more people. Lets install PB so he wont join again, wait, he didnt return? :O

Edit: Seems some people misunderstood my earlier posts :/
Im not supporting hackers, Im just saying that this particular hacker is not worth our time, nor is it worth the trouble some people go through to try join the PB eneabled server just to be kicked :/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:40:34 pm by Onca »
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 08:37:44 pm »
every1 -  nicely said .... i hope pb will b turned on sooner...

It is already turned on! xD
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 08:48:38 pm »
and it's constantly kicking players........................ :o :no:
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:59 pm »
did u installed the fix