Re: STARCRAFT 2 IS OFFICIAL! WOOHOOOOOOO!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 01:30:44 pm »
Yeah.. the pelease date is to be october 2007.. but i think that's for special collectors edition ($280 odd) game. riptide! I'm going to save up somehow and buy that damned game!!! and also you can pre-buy the game so u get it as soon as it's out. Must try to get it in aussie..!!! Rs. 30,000/- brother!!!!! ofcourse, the sri lankan Rs. 90/- version will be out in early november :)

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 01:40:34 pm »
I think you've got the game itself mixed up with the Tychus Finlay statue.

Worldwide Announcement Exclusive
- Estimated Ship Date: October 2007
- Limited Edition
- Price: $249.99
- Limit One Per Customer

To commemorate the announcement of the highly anticipated StarCraft II, Blizzard Entertainment is proud to present the Tychus Findlay Limited Edition Statue. This collector's item is a product of a collaboration between Blizzard Entertainment's famous cinematics team and the incredible sculpting of Sideshow Collectibles. Players can now own a piece of StarCraft history with this highly detailed, 18-inch tall statue of Terran Marine Tychus J. Findlay standing atop a freshly dispatched Hydralisk. Cast in high-quality polystone and hand painted to exacting standards, the power of the Terran Marine Corps stands triumphantly in this beautiful museum-quality piece.

From the FAQ itself -
How much will StarCraft II cost? Where can I buy this game?

Pricing and availability will be determined and announced much closer to the release date.

Blizz wouldn't retail this at $200+ because that would be suicide. It will be 50$ - 70$ at max, and even though it will be out on torrents soon after release, I think I'm gonna be pre-ordering this one. I've waited a long, long time for it. :D
Please read the Forum RMF.
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 01:50:03 pm »
oh.. sorry.. :) (sheepish grin)
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 01:56:45 pm »
yeah dude.. i am definitely going to buy this one... so so worth it!! i'm so happy!!!! may starcraft live long and prosper.. NOOBS!!!

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 02:24:30 pm »
:\ Did he, did he, er, just call us NOOBS?

Teh 0v3rm1nd s33z j00! >:|

Seriously though, does anyone have any gameplay related thoughts or predictions, especially from the new Protoss units and buildings Blizzard has announced so far?

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »
some unit profiles for the protoss are there on sc2.com.. the stalker's teleporting looks brilliant.. and also the phase prism acts as a mobile pylon.. which is brilliant cos then the darn photon cannons can't be wiped out by taking out a pylon!! but that makes it so much tougher to destroy the protoss.. keeping in line with the equal game play that sc is famous for, i'm sure the other races will have some pretty darn good units!

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 03:11:21 pm »
All the new units look pretty spiffy, but as you've also said, I think the stalker is going to be the most imba. Imagine chasing down retreats using that? I wonder if there's going to be a cooldown on it. If not, ahahaha pwnt. xD Well, worse things have happened, I imagine, and of course, there will be a counter.

Can't WAIT to see the new Terran and Zerg units as well. I've been refreshing SC2.com the whole of today but meh, no updates yet. Although the promised gameplay trailer area now has Coming Soon on it instead of Coming 2007/05/20. :D

Yes, I is an obsessive.
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 04:44:37 pm »
Hmmm well it appears they have morphed the existing protoss units to change up into alot more like mechanical base. Perhaps now that kerrigan is the broodmother sh ehas started a new subspecies within the zerg of infested terrans like herself this would fit with the increased role hinted at and with the overhaul of the existing races i doubt there will be a 4th race as balancing would be hard but you never know blizz love to throw out surprises a month before a games release nah?
Animeniac

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 05:17:36 pm »
I'm thinking there definitely wont be a 4th race. At least, here's what the FAQ has to say on it.

How many races are in StarCraft II?

In StarCraft II, players will see the return of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg races. Our goal is to ensure that all the factions in the game play even more distinctly from one another than in the original StarCraft, while still maintaining the fine balance that helped make StarCraft such a classic. We're also introducing a number of new units to each race, as well as modifying some of the familiar units returning in StarCraft II. With these design refinements and the new features we have planned for the single-player and multiplayer elements of the game, StarCraft II will offer a next-generation StarCraft experience.

I think Kerrigan will definitely fit in with the Zerg as the new overmind, and that the infested terrans hinted at in the trailer may be a new unit for them.

Offline Anoren

• Death Company
  • [DC] Ace of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Death Company
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 07:23:56 pm »
Damn it! Only video that worked for me was this:

(Could someone make that into a playable video here. Tried but it didn't work :()

Can't wait for it to come out now!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 07:27:28 pm by Anoren »

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 08:46:49 pm »
[youtube=425,350]5jAxYV9vtog[/youtube]

Done, Anoren. :-) Thanks for the linkage.

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 11:23:48 pm »
This piece from 1up makes for a really good read -
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8135470&publicUserId=4549175

Video coverage too, if you want to see thousands of Koreans screaming. :D
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 01:47:41 pm »
The Gameplay Vids have been added to the SC2 site!!!!!!!
Get them here: http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml#m3

there is a hi and lo quality versions

1280 x 768 - 449 mb
720 x 404 - 268 mb

Wowz mothership footage................. *dreams*
Animeniac

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 02:07:19 pm »
Downloading but the WoW downloader is being a pain. :\ PLEASE SEED PPLZ I NEEDZ TEH VIDEOZ.

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 02:14:22 pm »
Btw, via Rav, here's a good rundown of WC3 vs SC2 -
http://www.maxfreak.com/starcraft2/archives/top-5-differences-between-starcraft-2-and-warcraft-3/

I mean, most of these are what I tell people when they ask me why I choose SC > WC (don't believe me? ask .EXE - we've had this convo before), but it's still a good read for everyone in general.

A more in depth rundown of the differences can be found in this interview with some of the top guys at Blizzard.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171178.html