Re: Witcher 3
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2016, 01:56:48 pm »
The books are awesome! I'm surprised they aren't that popular as the other fantasy novels.
Specially as good as the song of Ice & Fire novels. Maybe better..
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula | Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB GDDR5 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 2400MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2016, 02:40:08 pm »
ok, heart of stone
there is a certain boss where its near impossible to kill with direct sward fighting.(DM difficulty, perhaps its my build that is not suited for this one)
but a certain sign (my sign intensity is at 156%) and 10 hits  of it well... its done. i was like wtf happend cos the fight was over like within 2 or 3 min.

then there is a clumsy boss. idiot swings his weapon so slowly you can simply dodge around him until he finish his dance. then things happen where its a window for you to do your work. repeat until he is done with. if you are done  with the main game  this fight should  remind of you a bit similar thing with that show off boss namely imlerith. my personal opinion is this guy is way too easy even in death march.

btw make sure that from your sex list shani is crossed. (yeah in "the witcher" you have to make a decision between her and triss, i selected triss but realy wanted to do the thig with shani too :). so be careful what you do with her. not going to give exacts cos its all choice based. i remember how i did all the girls which are possible in "the witcher" just to get those nude cards unlocked.
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2016, 11:18:13 pm »
done the expansion in DM.
i should say the final boss is the best in this expansion in terms of a good fight. but he can be done by doing the a certain set of maneuvers again and again. one mistake you are likely to be dead or near it btw.
i got the best ending . not going to say anymore and if you want to find out whats the best ending please google it. now for those achievements i have missed....
need to create Ofiri gear.
kill some cows etc etc ...
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »
ok, heart of stone
there is a certain boss where its near impossible to kill with direct sward fighting.(DM difficulty, perhaps its my build that is not suited for this one)
but a certain sign (my sign intensity is at 156%) and 10 hits  of it well... its done. i was like wtf happend cos the fight was over like within 2 or 3 min.

then there is a clumsy boss. idiot swings his weapon so slowly you can simply dodge around him until he finish his dance. then things happen where its a window for you to do your work. repeat until he is done with. if you are done  with the main game  this fight should  remind of you a bit similar thing with that show off boss namely imlerith. my personal opinion is this guy is way too easy even in death march.

btw make sure that from your sex list shani is crossed. (yeah in "the witcher" you have to make a decision between her and triss, i selected triss but realy wanted to do the thig with shani too :). so be careful what you do with her. not going to give exacts cos its all choice based. i remember how i did all the girls which are possible in "the witcher" just to get those nude cards unlocked.

By the impossible direct sword fighting boss I guess you mean the frog prince right? Imo a stupid boss. Not impossible with sword fighting cause that's the way I did it and with my first try. But takes a lot of time. There a good boss fights which are balanced and interesting and there are annoying ones. This falls in to the latter cause it stupidly jumps when you try to reach it. I hope you are not running a sign build cause I've seen sign builds with over 350+% intensity. And overall a sign build is actually stupid cause it makes some little magical signs way too overpowered. Second tier Igni makes even the largest enemies sometimes stagger. Not very enjoyable.
Caretaker is also stupid.Agreed. But if you started the expansion in level 38 then you are really overpowered for it cause a lot of enemies are like level 32-35.
Imlerith is interesting. But only when he changes his fighting style. Even then it's the same thing. But you have to be a bit more quick and agile.

And no. Having sex with shani doesn't affect any story lines. The expansion doesn't affect any of the main story lines and it is a good sex scene than most of others in the game.

done the expansion in DM.
i should say the final boss is the best in this expansion in terms of a good fight. but he can be done by doing the a certain set of maneuvers again and again. one mistake you are likely to be dead or near it btw.
i got the best ending . not going to say anymore and if you want to find out whats the best ending please google it. now for those achievements i have missed....
need to create Ofiri gear.
kill some cows etc etc ...

The final boss(not countering the last puzzle) - Iris' Greatest Fear was the hardest boss for me. Tried like 7,8 times I guess. Even then only the last three wraiths actually gives you a proper fight. the first ones before that are nothing. Especially the last wraith is awesome.
Here's a good challenge. Try aggroing them all at once and win the fight. That's something to boast about.
And I missed the fight with the real Olgiered also. There's an option to fight him at the beginning of the main quest. saw a video. I think that's the best fight you'll encounter in the whole game.
Gonna fight him in NG+ Death March.
Apart from that his wraths - Iris' Greatest fear is the best boss fight for me. It's nearly impossible to aggro all of them at once at defeat them but there are ways.
It's super easy when you unlock a certain combat characteristic.

IMO olgiered wraith or human is the best boss in the game. And a very interesting, fascinating NPC.
The expansion overall is the best expasnsion I've ever played in any type of game.
Hope Blood & Wine will be the same.  :)
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula | Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB GDDR5 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 2400MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad
« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2016, 11:06:14 pm »
 i was hoping that i could kick as out of O'dimm. and since he was playing with time kinda hoped that Ciri will come to picture in the end. neither happned so was a bit disappointed.

i hope they will let us experience a bit similar thing in blood and wine as perhaps a secondary quest or a treasure hunt according to the book. u know where Geralt tricked a stupid beast... in that region. i really love to see that kinda thing playable or as a cut scene in the game. Dandilion most probably come in. hope Ciri and yen comes in too. and most of all the average play time should be like 10 -15 hours.

Offline Kando

• Life tip : You don't need fun to have alcohol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2016, 12:00:30 pm »
And here I am, With  a formatted Hard drive and corrupted Witcher 3 Installation :'(

R.I.P Christina Grimmie, March 12th 1994 - June 10th 2016
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2016, 12:39:31 pm »
And here I am, With  a formatted Hard drive and corrupted Witcher 3 Installation :'(

Don't you have the installation files???

Offline Kando

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2016, 01:56:36 pm »
Don't you have the installation files???

The CD isn't around, but when I Copied the ISO to my Hard drive it somehow got corrupted, every time I try to install the second and third iso say missing files during the installation :/

« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2016, 03:08:37 pm »
The CD isn't around, but when I Copied the ISO to my Hard drive it somehow got corrupted, every time I try to install the second and third iso say missing files during the installation :/

I got something similar after I refreshed windows. The base game will install but some updates won't. Saying something is corrupted or something similar. The reason was there were some files left after the previous installation and they were somehow affecting the new installation. So I deleted every content of witcher 3. the left over files and etc. Then the installation went smoothly. Maybe that's the reason. Or if you want I'll give the files. Free of charge  :P
But won't be able to come to your place. Come to  uni with a laptop maybe
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:11:06 pm by Alucard »

Offline Kando

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2016, 04:01:36 pm »
I got something similar after I refreshed windows. The base game will install but some updates won't. Saying something is corrupted or something similar. The reason was there were some files left after the previous installation and they were somehow affecting the new installation. So I deleted every content of witcher 3. the left over files and etc. Then the installation went smoothly. Maybe that's the reason. Or if you want I'll give the files. Free of charge  :P
But won't be able to come to your place. Come to  uni with a laptop maybe

Nope, all three .iso's are 11GB, meaning it definitely didn't copy properly.

Hmm, I'll let you know, The only laptop I have won't last more than 5 minutes on battery :P

I'll figure something out :D

« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2016, 09:00:20 am »
sins of piracy catching up...
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2016, 08:47:03 am »
Hey for anyone read times of contempt, I've a question.
Going through reddit will reveal spoilers so didn't do that and don't do here alright  ;D

So after Ciri teleports from Gull tower to the unknown desert she trods along with "Little Horse". But after that desert monster bit him in case to save little horse she draws power from fire. But unable to control it and seeing Flaka's wrath through the fire she renounces her magical abilities.
The there's a small para about something called the "Being". At least in the translation I read. That the being has died or she doesn't need it anymore cause she didn't want it and let's leave her alone to her faith.
I didn't read much after that but those travellers & Calls (Knight with the helmet of Birds of Prey) find her and there it is said she is lifeless & so on.
So does that mean she has completely lost her magical abilities at that point that is to become a sorceress?? Cause she renounced them? But her Elder Blood abilities stays???
Because it's Elder Blood that caused Falka to appear through fire cause Ciri is a descendant of Falka & how come she doesn't loose all her magical abilities or only her Elder Blood abilities??
Or does she regain them some time after?? If so just say yes and no spoilers please
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:26 pm »

Rumour.........

« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »
Hey for anyone read times of contempt, I've a question.
Going through reddit will reveal spoilers so didn't do that and don't do here alright  ;D

So after Ciri teleports from Gull tower to the unknown desert she trods along with "Little Horse". But after that desert monster bit him in case to save little horse she draws power from fire. But unable to control it and seeing Flaka's wrath through the fire she renounces her magical abilities.
The there's a small para about something called the "Being". At least in the translation I read. That the being has died or she doesn't need it anymore cause she didn't want it and let's leave her alone to her faith.
I didn't read much after that but those travellers & Calls (Knight with the helmet of Birds of Prey) find her and there it is said she is lifeless & so on.
So does that mean she has completely lost her magical abilities at that point that is to become a sorceress?? Cause she renounced them? But her Elder Blood abilities stays???
Because it's Elder Blood that caused Falka to appear through fire cause Ciri is a descendant of Falka & how come she doesn't loose all her magical abilities or only her Elder Blood abilities??
Or does she regain them some time after?? If so just say yes and no spoilers please

she is imba as ever.. her powers remains but since she renounced them they are unable to take control of her  anymore. (the dark powers that is) her true ability is still growing btw. (teleport through time and space) unlike her mother ciri is a true source so she can reach that level.
i dont remember the whole desert scene in zere.... area anymore but it ends with a good bit of extremely unusual rain if i remember correctly due to the fact that .... xD

regarding B&W its getting release end of  this month. and its about 30 hours of play. cant wait to kick more ass. since the whole witcher game series is happening after the saga i guess they cant add the saga related parts to the  B&W expansion cos if they do then its becomes out of sync.
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »
she is imba as ever.. her powers remains but since she renounced them they are unable to take control of her  anymore. (the dark powers that is) her true ability is still growing btw. (teleport through time and space) unlike her mother ciri is a true source so she can reach that level.
i dont remember the whole desert scene in zere.... area anymore but it ends with a good bit of extremely unusual rain if i remember correctly due to the fact that .... xD

regarding B&W its getting release end of  this month. and its about 30 hours of play. cant wait to kick more ass. since the whole witcher game series is happening after the saga i guess they cant add the saga related parts to the  B&W expansion cos if they do then its becomes out of sync.

Yeah I watched the trailer of B&W. It's a coming back. At the beginning of the trailer he discusses that with a knight.