Re: Witcher 3
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2016, 01:53:34 am »
If someone is interested in reading Witcher novels you can find them here
http://gamer.lk/index.php?topic=889.0
or @ torrents  :)

Currently reading "The Last Wish"
Very interesting  :)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D | Logitech F710
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2016, 02:16:39 pm »
good for you. i uploaded all those books hoping people will read them. it seems at least   100 people have read them. that's good for me. the lasting effect for me is that i fell in love with ciri !! by the time i have finished the saga books.
as i have stated read according to the order to get things properly oriented.
 youtube has old witcher tv drama (polish btw but  u can understand whats going on cos there were subs)
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »
The books are really good.
I'd say as attractive as the song of Ice & fire novels..
When you start reading, it's really hard to stop. Same as the games  ;D
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D | Logitech F710
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2016, 09:22:16 pm »
Nothing serious. And doesn't affect gameplay.
The first gwent game I played after using the patch, no gwent music was there. But one of the background sounds were present. It made playying not much fun. But this was at Skellige so I went to Novigrad and played a hand there but then gwent music was there (same as before the patch).
And the results sheet with points after finishing a game is now greyish and not beautiful.
I also read somewhere that the loading screen between the hands is also not present.

And they've reinvented what bombs should look like apparently. With somewhat assassin's creed relevations typish..
Not the usual pictures for bombs
And I tried to do the the fool's gold dlc quest but it was glitched from the beginning. Couldn't kill the bandits and continue cause they won't die..Didn't try this quest before the patch. So not sure where the patch caused the glitch or not.

I don't like how the bombs look now  >:( But they are much more recognisable from each other that it was before.

thanks for the explanation dude. :) BTW what is the difference between  hearts of stone DLC version 1.0 and 2.0 ?. if you have ended HOF DLC still you need this new version of DLC?.

and i have version 1.11 patch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEYO!

Offline NilFBosh

• Challenge Accepted (Y)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2016, 10:24:03 pm »
I'd like to pitch in my 2 cents here.

I've never been a RPG fan. When I got into PC gaming a few years ago and had a decent budget GPU, the hype with Skyrim was going around with people saying that the game was a "never ending experience"and what not. Well of course, with the all the chatter going about I was curious and ended up trying it putting my hate for RPG's aside and well, lets just say I was scarred :3 Lol, not scarred but a term that I would prefer to use would be "disgusted".

I didn't know why people were raving about this game and even still to this day I still can't get over it. 4 hours or so into the game, I just couldn't handle it. I thought the game was made by Satan himself. As I said, not a huge RPG fanatic.

Fast forward to this year, I get back from Uni and at that time Fallout 4 was released and a few days after people were saying that it was GOTY material, (I wasn't in the grapevine when Witcher 3 released) so I decided to put my prejudice aside and try that. I rage quit after the first 2 hours. Usual scenario.

Then I decide to try Witcher 3. I have to tell you that I bought Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition and put only 1 hour into it and I found that terrible and boring. So I was preparing to stop playing Witcher 3 after some minutes into the game as well.

This is where I got the shock of my life. Till now I think I've put 50 hours into the game. Holy shit, this game is epic. Just epic. Playing on 40fps with a 760 and that doesn't hamper the experience at all. The gameplay and story makes you forget all that. Maybe the 50 hrs is cause I die too often. (forgot the difficulty setting I chose, but I remember it's one before the last difficulty setting) I think the first "boss" battle with the half eagle-half lion creature took me around 20 tries lol.

But yea. This is one hell of a game and recommend non-RPG players to try this.  As for me, once I finish this, I'm planning on forcing myself to play Witcher 2 :)
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2016, 11:19:24 am »
I'd like to pitch in my 2 cents here.

I've never been a RPG fan. When I got into PC gaming a few years ago and had a decent budget GPU, the hype with Skyrim was going around with people saying that the game was a "never ending experience"and what not. Well of course, with the all the chatter going about I was curious and ended up trying it putting my hate for RPG's aside and well, lets just say I was scarred :3 Lol, not scarred but a term that I would prefer to use would be "disgusted".

I didn't know why people were raving about this game and even still to this day I still can't get over it. 4 hours or so into the game, I just couldn't handle it. I thought the game was made by Satan himself. As I said, not a huge RPG fanatic.

Fast forward to this year, I get back from Uni and at that time Fallout 4 was released and a few days after people were saying that it was GOTY material, (I wasn't in the grapevine when Witcher 3 released) so I decided to put my prejudice aside and try that. I rage quit after the first 2 hours. Usual scenario.

Then I decide to try Witcher 3. I have to tell you that I bought Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition and put only 1 hour into it and I found that terrible and boring. So I was preparing to stop playing Witcher 3 after some minutes into the game as well.

This is where I got the shock of my life. Till now I think I've put 50 hours into the game. Holy shit, this game is epic. Just epic. Playing on 40fps with a 760 and that doesn't hamper the experience at all. The gameplay and story makes you forget all that. Maybe the 50 hrs is cause I die too often. (forgot the difficulty setting I chose, but I remember it's one before the last difficulty setting) I think the first "boss" battle with the half eagle-half lion creature took me around 20 tries lol.

But yea. This is one hell of a game and recommend non-RPG players to try this.  As for me, once I finish this, I'm planning on forcing myself to play Witcher 2 :)

Witcher 2 is also good as witcher 3. You can't judge a rpg by the starting hours. But skyrim was shit for me as well  ;D

When you're trying to kill a beast or in any other fight, go prepared. Drink the right potions & decoctions.. apply the right blade oil, use the suitable tactics and be patient. The best way to prepare for a certain type of monster is reading the beastiary..
If you ask me it's not that hard after that. Patience is the key.
dodge, circle wait for the moment, then a couple of slashes.. back down dodge again then attack..
Witcher 3 fighting styles are really smooth to the point of perfect.
But in witcher 2 it ain't like that and you got to be super careful..

After the Skellige fist fights I never use swords to fight a bear  ;D
Always use the hands to fight them. It's not hard when you understand the mechanism.
I wonder how fighting a bear will be in NG+ Death March level.  ;D can't wait!

And try different builds. Putting points in to Alchemy do wonders.
An entire sign build is a bit overrated IMO cause those simple signs become highly deadly. Specially Igni.
But the alternative Aard is super fun I tell you  :) And the Fast attack swivel. And the cluster bomb in alchemy.
But alchemy is the one I go for most of the time. Always try to complete your alchemy potions & decoctions and & oils.
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2016, 11:27:19 am »
thanks for the explanation dude. :) BTW what is the difference between  hearts of stone DLC version 1.0 and 2.0 ?. if you have ended HOF DLC still you need this new version of DLC?.

and i have version 1.11 patch.

There aren't two versions in the DLC to my knowledge. And Hearts Of Stone is an expansion. Not DLCs. CDPR has released 16 DLCs and one expansion and some patches up to v1.12.
the one I talked about last is a patch. V1.12.. It does some tweaks in the game. Other than that nothing new. No extra missions...
If you've finished the Hearts Of Stone expansion.. then that's it. Gotta wait until Blood & Wine.
But why don't play from the beginning or start NG+  :)
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2016, 02:20:54 pm »
There aren't two versions in the DLC to my knowledge. And Hearts Of Stone is an expansion. Not DLCs. CDPR has released 16 DLCs and one expansion and some patches up to v1.12.
the one I talked about last is a patch. V1.12.. It does some tweaks in the game. Other than that nothing new. No extra missions...
If you've finished the Hearts Of Stone expansion.. then that's it. Gotta wait until Blood & Wine.
But why don't play from the beginning or start NG+  :)

sorry it's the expansion hearts of stone i'm talking about this. https://kat.cr/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-hearts-of-stone-2-0-0-42-gog-t11889306.html#comment

now i'm waiting for blood & wine it will be awesome and i was thinking about playing it with NG+ mode but time is the problem when you play witcher you cannot play or think about any other game. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEYO!

Offline NilFBosh

• Challenge Accepted (Y)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »
I'm having a bit of difficulty with combat especially with counter attacking. I can't get the timing right with the Right Mouse Button. Should I press it as the enemy is about to attack or what?
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2016, 05:22:35 pm »
I'm having a bit of difficulty with combat especially with counter attacking. I can't get the timing right with the Right Mouse Button. Should I press it as the enemy is about to attack or what?

I used my controller to play the game. What I usually do is press & release right before the opponent attack. Some times holding the button works too. But just before the opponent attack.
But don't counter for monsters. Use it only against humans & elves.
Against monsters like nekkers, ghouls, hravehags, waterhags & devourers the countering works but it's not perfect. You tend to get git.
Against big monsters & people who uses heavier weapons (Heavy axe, pike, sledgehammer & etc) never use countering. It'll end badly. Always use dodging and rolling.

If you die too often that means you are rushing things. Always have patience. One  or two strikes then dodge. It gets easier with practice.
And when getting swarmed by a bunch of bandits, nekkers or drowners.. aard helps, or try to isolate them one by one
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:26:22 pm by Alucard »

Offline NilFBosh

• Challenge Accepted (Y)
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2016, 05:42:21 pm »
I used my controller to play the game. What I usually do is press & release right before the opponent attack. Some times holding the button works too. But just before the opponent attack.
But don't counter for monsters. Use it only against humans & elves.
Against monsters like nekkers, ghouls, hravehags, waterhags & devourers the countering works but it's not perfect. You tend to get git.
Against big monsters & people who uses heavier weapons (Heavy axe, pike, sledgehammer & etc) never use countering. It'll end badly. Always use dodging and rolling.

If you die too often that means you are rushing things. Always have patience. One  or two strikes then dodge. It gets easier with practice.
And when getting swarmed by a bunch of bandits, nekkers or drowners.. aard helps, or try to isolate them one by one
When I get swarmed by a bunch what I tend to do is mount Roach and kill them while galloping. Takes time but still gets the job done lol. And with potions, gathering the ingredients is a hard task :/ I'm now doing side quests instead of rushing through the story since I feel I'm not ready to fight with certain monsters. ATM, its the half fetus - half monster that thats troubling me.
« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2016, 06:31:32 pm »
When I get swarmed by a bunch what I tend to do is mount Roach and kill them while galloping. Takes time but still gets the job done lol. And with potions, gathering the ingredients is a hard task :/ I'm now doing side quests instead of rushing through the story since I feel I'm not ready to fight with certain monsters. ATM, its the half fetus - half monster that thats troubling me.

killing while galloping don't usually work well with mosters. Potions are one of the most important thing for me when playing witcher.
The basic ingredients for the most basic potions, you can find at white orchard village. there are countless number of basic herbs there..
Other than that try buying them from herbalists.
Always try to do many side quests, treasure hunts and undiscovered locations as they will give you good loot. Relic swords and oil diagrams and crafting components.
By half fetus- half monster do you mean the botchling? I didn't fight the bugger. Just lifted the curse.
But even that is annoying since you have to fight at least a dozen wraiths. I fu**ing hate wraiths! So annoying
If you're fighting overpowered enemies which are much higher than your level you usually die(the once with the skulls beneath their health bar). But if you are really careful & patient some can be defeated.  But it's really hard on the starting levels.
Once I fought an endegra warrior which was way tougher than me in the starting levels and it was really really satisfying. But took like 20-30 minutes I guess.

And I suggest crafting witcher gear cause they are really awesome and the best armour and swords there are in the game. I sometimes use relic swords but I always always use witcher armour.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:35:02 pm by Alucard »
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2016, 01:32:23 am »
 killing while galloping best situations:-

human mobs with skulls. yeah you can take all of them as long as roach dose not panic and you dont get hit by arrows. even in death march mode this was way too easy for me so i used it for all mobs.

single monster:-
specially those flying b*****ds. use the bow to get them down and hit .repeat until it dead. almost all of them even with a skull can be taken out. but there was one in small Skellege isle where this did not work cos its level is way too high. suggested level max level gap is 10.

wraiths:- by that time you should be having the spector oil. then cast quin and asap the yardin. yardin will not allow any wraith to transform in to full spectre and add slow. end result is you win easily if you combine attack+dodge+casting yardin properly. the oil is to make sure that evey hit counts properly.

the best way to do this game is:-

do any non main quest related and your current level friendly stuff first. while doing kill any odd monster (easy ones only ) on your path. gather stuff like plants thins and sell any item that has a count of more than 5.

when ever possible use the grind stones before any major engagement.

spy all undiscovered locations and engage them if you thing you can handle the challenge. else comeback later but make sure the map icon changes from question mark to what ever so that you can decide later wa to do with it.

you will come to a point where you have no option but to proceed with the main quest line. just do it a bit and see yet again if any secondary or other stuff getting added. if so go back to them.

this game dose not support grinding is large scale. ( the first 2 games did support it) so the only way to level up is doing any kind of quest, tasks, activities.
pls dont ignore the gwent part. its the best mini game i have played in side a major game and the rewards are good too + exp.

have sex with all the whores cos they do give experience points.  ;D

create oils, bombs and health regen stuff and upgrade them as you see fit. i upgraded all the oils and the health regen one cos it was death march after all. no need to do this in lesser difficulty levels. apply the correct oil before every battle to get that extra damage advantage.

meditate to regen oils and bombs. do not sell all alcoholic stuff cos they are the source of this auto regen.

having axiii level 3 or above will give you better dialogue options but its a choice and you need to make according to your game play style. i used it to avoid all confrontations as possible and to get some intell very easily.

do not f*** around with Ciri. support her and try to have a bit of fun with her ( you are given 5 opportunities and you need to be positive in at least 3). else she dies in the end.(the bad ending of the main game and you don't want that)
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.
« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2016, 09:52:15 am »

human mobs with skulls. yeah you can take all of them as long as roach dose not panic and you dont get hit by arrows. even in death march mode this was way too easy for me so i used it for all mobs.

specially those flying b*****ds. use the bow to get them down and hit .repeat until it dead. almost all of them even with a skull can be taken out. but there was one in small Skellege isle where this did not work cos its level is way too high. suggested level max level gap is 10.

wraiths:- by that time you should be having the spector oil. then cast quin and asap the yardin. yardin will not allow any wraith to transform in to full spectre and add slow. end result is you win easily if you combine attack+dodge+casting yardin properly. the oil is to make sure that evey hit counts properly.

do any non main quest related and your current level friendly stuff first. while doing kill any odd monster (easy ones only ) on your path. gather stuff like plants thins and sell any item that has a count of more than 5.

spy all undiscovered locations and engage them if you thing you can handle the challenge. else comeback later but make sure the map icon changes from question mark to what ever so that you can decide later wa to do with it.

you will come to a point where you have no option but to proceed with the main quest line. just do it a bit and see yet again if any secondary or other stuff getting added. if so go back to them.

this game dose not support grinding is large scale. ( the first 2 games did support it) so the only way to level up is doing any kind of quest, tasks, activities.
pls dont ignore the gwent part. its the best mini game i have played in side a major game and the rewards are good too + exp.

have sex with all the whores cos they do give experience points.  ;D

create oils, bombs and health regen stuff and upgrade them as you see fit. i upgraded all the oils and the health regen one cos it was death march after all. no need to do this in lesser difficulty levels. apply the correct oil before every battle to get that extra damage advantage.

meditate to regen oils and bombs. do not sell all alcoholic stuff cos they are the source of this auto regen.

having axiii level 3 or above will give you better dialogue options but its a choice and you need to make according to your game play style. i used it to avoid all confrontations as possible and to get some intell very easily.

do not f*** around with Ciri. support her and try to have a bit of fun with her ( you are given 5 opportunities and you need to be positive in at least 3). else she dies in the end.(the bad ending of the main game and you don't want that)

wtf man spoilers
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 09:56:18 am by Sachi911 »

Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz | Cooler Master X6 | MSI B75A-G43 GAMING | GIGABYTE GTX 970 WF G1 GAMING | G.SKILL TridentX 4GBx2 | AOC I2369VM 23" IPS Display | Corsair CX500M PSU | Cooler Master 690 II Plus custom mod | Corsair Force GS 128GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB | Samsung Spinpoint 500GB | Logitech G400s | Zalman K200M |

Build Diablo: http://gamer.lk/index.php/topic,23516.0.html
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2016, 11:18:24 am »

fighting overpowered human & non humans on roach is fine but that makes it way easier. Couple of rounds around them with right blows & they are down. Way too stupid.
What you need to do is get on foot and fight!
One of the most satisfying experiences in the game.
It's take maybe 15-30 minutes but everything needs to be picture perfect. two mistakes right after the other & you'll be dead. Other wise it's the same boring riding on roach & hitting them while they can't even touch you..

When playing the game what you need to do most of all is enjoy. But yeah sometimes it gets annoying. Specially when fighting harpies, sirens & Ekidnas.. Their voice is so beautiful to hear  ;D
I use axii, aard & the crossbow to get them down. Using aard makes them crash land which is hilarious.

From most of the annoying monsters, the normal wraiths are the worst! Out of all the skulled opponents I faced wraiths were really memorable cause their 4 hit combo could really tear you apart cause you'll get staggered after the first blow and their is no way to dodge the others..

The sex scenes are not very eyecatching for me as they were in Witcher 2. They are all the same after the undressing part except for some unique ones.

Never sell alchemy ingredients or crafting components unless you know that they are useless or maybe if the count of a certain ingredient is above maybe 15...
Most of them won't catch a high price except for a few monster items.
And sell the right stuff to the right people.
Swords to blacksmiths, Armor to Armoures and herbs & crafting components to herbalists usually.
And people outside major cities sell stuff cheaply than those who live within and they buy stuff for lesser prices too.
Specially if you want to buy crafting components I highly suggest buying them from armourer & his apprentice & crow's perch. Never buy or make crafting components from eibhier. That guy is way too expensive.

Crafting almost all the oils, bombs, decoctions & potions is the best way to play the game in my opinion. I've crafted everything from all the superior oils,bombs & potions to all the decoctions except 3 decoctions since they ask for 3 mutagens from monsters I refused to kill in my gameplay.
Decoctions are the best. They give you super advantages.

And Death March difficulty is not that hard. I think it should be like the normal difficulty level.
Since it's the hardest level, everyone should play in that level. It makes you play the game in the proper way. It makes you think tactically when engaging an enemy..

Death March in NG+ mode is what I'm looking forward to  :)