web analytics
Is this the last year for CS in SLCG?
« on: November 10, 2012, 06:50:40 pm »
Hello.

Recently i heard some rumors in FB that there will be no more CS 1.6 again in SLCG  and this will be the last year for cs 1.6.
Is it true?
Will there be no more cs 1.6 in SLCG again?

Thank you.

(Y) Divided we get TROLLED , UNITED we TROLL (Y) My Blog  http://guidesforall.blogspot.com/

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
    • Buy stuff
Re: Is this the last year for CS in SLCG?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:36:17 pm »
yes. CS 1.6 is dead.

/thread.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 07:41:15 pm »
yes. CS 1.6 is dead.

/thread.

O_O.  Come on CS still rocks ;)

(Y) Divided we get TROLLED , UNITED we TROLL (Y) My Blog  http://guidesforall.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 08:24:38 pm »
I think its time to move on :)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »
CS wont die !!!

I hope...

Offline LAGGER

• Death Company
  • Xiphos eSports
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 11:17:43 pm »
I think its time to move on :)

yeah u r right but have they move on to COD MW 2,MW 3  from MW ???
no.that thing in CS 1.6 cannot me matched by any other game.

Offline `Pv

• Encore
    • View Profile
    • Encore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 12:39:24 am »
CS 1.6 <3
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:44:18 am »

Offline LAGGER

• Death Company
  • Xiphos eSports
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 02:18:16 pm »
Im not saying we shouldnt move on but still there should be room for the classics.. CS:GO might be better in all physics, graphics, gameplay and all but still we used to and still play 1.6 because of its unique style.. Its a game we play not just to compete but for the enjoyment of it.. Just my thoughts but Ive made many friends and experienced a great deal in gaming just thanks to CS 1.6 and I would always have respect over the classic as a source of unity which changed the gaming world :)

Offline MADNESSSsss

• Death Company
  • BaaaBaaaBaaBaaBaanana \:D/
    • View Profile
    • Xiphos Esports
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 10:30:18 pm »
The international scene is moving towards CSGO not because CSGO is better than CS 1.6 but because Valve wants them to...  :P
Having played CS GO for a bit, I think it's nowhere near CS 1.6 when it come's to the fun aspect...

It's sad that we might have to ditch 1.6 to keep up with the international gaming scene :/

BattleDroid-A1
Core i5 4590K @3.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 1070 8GB | 120GB SSD | 2TB + 1TB HDD | Acer XG270HU 144hz 2K Monitor |  SteelSeries Arctis 5 Dota Edition | Zowie FK 1+  | SteelSeries Qck+ Fnatic Edition
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 07:47:45 am »
The international scene is moving towards CSGO not because CSGO is better than CS 1.6 but because Valve wants them to...  :P
Having played CS GO for a bit, I think it's nowhere near CS 1.6 when it come's to the fun aspect...

It's sad that we might have to ditch 1.6 to keep up with the international gaming scene :/

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:51:22 am by Troller »

Offline R_L

• Death Company
  • Xiphos eSports
    • View Profile
    • GameLadders.LK
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 01:16:59 am »
Im not saying we shouldnt move on but still there should be room for the classics.. CS:GO might be better in all physics, graphics, gameplay and all but still we used to and still play 1.6 because of its unique style.. Its a game we play not just to compete but for the enjoyment of it.. Just my thoughts but Ive made many friends and experienced a great deal in gaming just thanks to CS 1.6 and I would always have respect over the classic as a source of unity which changed the gaming world :)

The international scene is moving towards CSGO not because CSGO is better than CS 1.6 but because Valve wants them to...  :P

I guess that's where you draw the line between being a "Competitive Gamer" or just a "Casual Gamer"... whether you play seriously or just for fun.. CS GO is nothing near CS 1.6 and its not even fair to compare the two when the physics engines, game play, etc everything is different... CS GO is made on a completely new level...

What Madness said is true but my personal opinion is even if Valve forces it unless the entire CS community globally doesn't accept it, it will fail... take Source for example.. 

The question would be will SL continue to play a game that's outdated and not accepted competitively abroad over something that is... In that case, it might mean gamers here would never be able to represent a foreign competitive tournament... :|
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:41 am »

I guess that's where you draw the line between being a "Competitive Gamer" or just a "Casual Gamer"... whether you play seriously or just for fun.. CS GO is nothing near CS 1.6 and its not even fair to compare the two when the physics engines, game play, etc everything is different... CS GO is made on a completely new level...

What Madness said is true but my personal opinion is even if Valve forces it unless the entire CS community globally doesn't accept it, it will fail... take Source for example.. 

The question would be will SL continue to play a game that's outdated and not accepted competitively abroad over something that is... In that case, it might mean gamers here would never be able to represent a foreign competitive tournament... :|

Nicely said.
GO is nothing compared to 1.6, but as the world of competitive gaming moves on to Global offensive there's no point of we sri lankan's sticking to 1.6

But that doesn't mean we have to let 1.6 die eh?