Sony says NO PS4 at E3!
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:34:57 am »
Sony says NO PS4 at E3!

Ever since videogame website MCV published a rumor story about the PlayStation 4 premiering at E3 2012, rumors and speculation to the contrary have been coming out, including that from industry analyst Michael Pachter, which stated that he thinks "there's zero chance of a tease from Sony for PlayStation 4" at E3.

And now, word has come out from Sony itself that PlayStation 4 won't be shown at E3.

Speaking at a "roundtable with reporters" at CES (as reported by The Wall Street Journal), Sony's Kaz Hirai answered a question about the PlayStation 4 showing up at this year's E3. "Andy (House) is absolutely right in that we are not making any announcements at E3. I've always said a 10-year life cycle for PS3, and there is no reason to go away from that."

That essentially puts MCV's report to rest, though there's plenty of time for things to change between now and E3 2012.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216256p1.html

I told you suckers

Microsoft would do the same I'm pretty sure.
Re: Sony says NO PS4 at E3!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:25:55 pm »
We'll never know! Hardware is aging! they have to come up with something!!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »
Wow this is strange. Whenever i buy a playstation by next 2 years the next gen one was released. Happened to me from PS1 to PS2 and even shitty PSP but not for PS3 :O This is good...
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 12:54:23 pm »
Im sure they wont release it until their sales drops.. y something new when their sales rate is very high..
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:13:58 pm »

You mean like a elephant nose fitted to back of a ps3? Dude if the game developers are confident about what they are doing and what they can do I don't think there's a need of a extra tension on the hardware requirements. In this interchanging economic age everything needs to be well balanced.

As Mob_zter mentioned their sales are pretty good and new game titles are still emerging on to the pot light so you see now.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:49:46 pm »
This is great... but  the ten year life cycle doesn't need to completely end before announcing a new console right? PS3 announced back in 2004-2005 and released in the end of 2006... so if that is true, they might announce a new console in between 2015! wait what!? 2015? i am confused....
"Winter is coming...."
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 06:42:09 pm »
Im sure they wont release it until their sales drops.. y something new when their sales rate is very high..

True story

You mean like a elephant nose fitted to back of a ps3? Dude if the game developers are confident about what they are doing and what they can do I don't think there's a need of a extra tension on the hardware requirements. In this interchanging economic age everything needs to be well balanced.

As Mob_zter mentioned their sales are pretty good and new game titles are still emerging on to the pot light so you see now.

It really annoyed me to see BF3 man. sucked big time on the PS3!! I had to get my PC upgraded to play it. Its a proof that game developers can do soo much better but they are limited coz of the hardware specs! Only Naughty Dog is keeping us going. Need some change coz things are getting repetitive and games are getting boring!! I really hope the new consoles come out!!

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:47 am »
who cares anyways - till we got xbox 360 ... lol ...
Gave Up PC Gaming Long Time Ago - And Moved To

Sony PS4 Pro 1TB / VR Headset / 2 X Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controllers / Play Station Move / Play Station Camera / 55 Inch 4K Samsung Curved 3D Smart Tv / LG Curved Wireless Sound Bar With Wireless Sub Woofer
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 11:45:50 pm »
This article will add some convincing facts

Five reasons we don't need a PS4 yet

http://www.psu.com/Five-reasons-we-dont-need-a-PS4-yet--a014139-p0.php