web analytics
Re: Help regarding a new desktop personal computer
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 01:36:05 am »
Added a better CPU and a casing

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
MSI 880GM-E43 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel
HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

-72.5K (assembled, shipped via sea mail)

PSU?
Intel Core i3 10100F | Gigabyte B460 Aorus Pro AC | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RS RGB | Palit RTX3060Ti Dual Graphics Cards | 120GB+240GB+2TB Storage | Silverstone 650W Platinum | Lian Li Lancool Mesh II Performance
2x Lian Li Uni Fan SL120 ARGB

Offline RZ

• As above, so below. As within, so without.
    • View Profile
    • Redline Technologies
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 03:04:55 am »
Hey Dynamite,

Didn't see your thread till just now :) I see you need a PC mainly for design work as opposed to gaming, since the resolutions you want to game on are pretty low. Here's what we can do for you;

RLG Inferno Gaming PC

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2Ghz Multiplier Unlocked Quad-Core CPU
Asus M4A87TD/USB3 and SATA3-enabled Motherboard
4GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM
Liteon 24x DVD-RW
Axle Geforce GTS450 1GB
Coolermaster Elite 430
Axle 400W Typhoon-series

Total: Rs.75,000/= with a full 2-year system warranty, with the warranty on certain components extending to 3 years.

And what sets our system apart is that I've included an Nvidia card because you mentioned Adobe Premier in the list of programs you'll be using. The Mercury Playback Engine requires Cuda cores and is accelerated only by Nvidia cards. I know the Adobe site says only the Quadro-series and GTX285/470 cards officially supported GPU acceleration but I can show you a simply notepad soft-hack that allows any Nvidia card to GPU accelerate Premier Pro. I could actually pre-install the software with the soft-hack for you if you'd like :)

Just goes to show that we at Redline Technologies know what we're talking about and build systems to suit your needs and not necessarily only your budget ;)

Hit me up anytime if you have any further inquiries or questions :)
Intel Core i5 | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 120GB SSD | 3TB HDD | AKG Q701 Reference Headphones | SteelSeries Sensei Fnatic + Qck Mass
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:04 am »
Hey Dynamite,

Didn't see your thread till just now :) I see you need a PC mainly for design work as opposed to gaming, since the resolutions you want to game on are pretty low. Here's what we can do for you;

RLG Inferno Gaming PC

Liteon 24x DVD-RW
Axle Geforce GTS450 1GB
Coolermaster Elite 430
Axle 400W Typhoon-series

Total: Rs.75,000/= with a full 2-year system warranty, with the warranty on certain components extending to 3 years.

And what sets our system apart is that I've included an Nvidia card because you mentioned Adobe Premier in the list of programs you'll be using. The Mercury Playback Engine requires Cuda cores and is accelerated only by Nvidia cards. I know the Adobe site says only the Quadro-series and GTX285/470 cards officially supported GPU acceleration but I can show you a simply notepad soft-hack that allows any Nvidia card to GPU accelerate Premier Pro. I could actually pre-install the software with the soft-hack for you if you'd like :)

Just goes to show that we at Redline Technologies know what we're talking about and build systems to suit your needs and not necessarily only your budget ;)

awesome config for that price i must say and this includes a warranty that no other Sri lankan vendor offers ( over the counter replacement ) yes you heard me right.

although i have a tiny suggestion why not go for an AMD X4 940 or 920 save up some cash and get a 500W axle twister PSU?  you could always OC the hell out of them plus you can even unlock the remaining 2 cores to make it a 6 core! the best part is if you are a n00b at OCing they do it for you, again tell me one other vendor who OC's your PC upon delivery?

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 08:50:04 am »
Hey Dynamite,

RLG Inferno Gaming PC

Liteon 24x DVD-RW
Axle Geforce GTS450 1GB
Coolermaster Elite 430
Axle 400W Typhoon-series

Thanks RZ for ur response, it doesnt matter that you didnt see the thread at least you took your time to respond to it. And yes like Shehan said there maybe it would be better if i get a 500W Typhoon series PSU. Also RZ can u get me down the Silverston FT03 chasis? If so can you please tell me hw much it would cost for the whole machine with the FT03.

Offline EGS

• For the Best Support Service Call EGS
    • View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »
My Dear getting FT03 1 pcs is tough but let me know when u r going to get your system. I also checked your post with pictures.
E-Globe Solutions Pvt Ltd., 87 5th Lane, Colombo 3. Tel : 0777-802534 / 4795632 / 4718517
For Branded Desktop / Laptop & EGS PC, Gaming Needs from Power Supply, Chassis, VGA cards to PC Accessories, UPS, Printers, NUC & Many More
www.eglobe.lk  www.fb.com/egs.lk
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 09:37:23 pm »
My Dear getting FT03 1 pcs is tough but let me know when u r going to get your system. I also checked your post with pictures.

I see. Ok. Will let you know in that case.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 01:53:03 am »
PSU?

Sorry, forgot to put the PSU, Its Antec 500W PSU. The price is the same.

System price assembled - 90K with FT03 (shipped)
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 05:23:36 am »
Liteon 24x DVD-RW
Axle Geforce GTS450 1GB
Coolermaster Elite 430
Axle 400W Typhoon-series

this is a really good deal , i say cut the casing and the liteon and gor for a cheap dvd rom and a generic casing . get a gtx 460 1gb and a 500w psu . DvD will get out of date some time pretty soon i think. Its a whole world of difference between the gts 450 and the gtx 460 .
Intel C2D E7200 @ 3.8 GHz  | P5ql-pro | 4GB  1066  DDR2 |Asus gtx 460 1gb cu direct | CM Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler |
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »
Hey Dynamite,

RLG Inferno Gaming PC

Liteon 24x DVD-RW
Axle Geforce GTS450 1GB
Coolermaster Elite 430
Axle 400W Typhoon-series

hi sabreen once again im terribly interested in your above config here, remove the VGA and PSU. How much will it sum upto?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:11:58 pm by dynaMite »

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 02:27:06 pm »
hi sabreen once again im terribly interested in your above config here, remove the VGA and PSU. How much will it sum upto?
AFAIK they are waiting for the new line of AMD CPU's.
Troll mode: Activated
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 04:50:45 pm »
I do not require a VGA, HDD and a PSU. Since i already have these components. I have  GTS250 + Axle 500W + 1TB HDD.

am i the only one who read this part? he clearly states he already has a vga, psu and hdd. and since he's not using this pc for gaming, he might as well stick with these. that will save him alot more money to spend on other components.

i think everyone here has built some awesome rigs to game on, but what ur really looking for is speed alone for ur vid editing, and not really graphics. so instead of going for the AMD X4 995, get a i5 2500 (MUCH faster) + asus Z68-V + 4GB XMS3 = Rs. 63,750 @ Redline. by the time u collected the money the prices wld've definitely fallen due to upcoming hardware... and later on, if u want to turn this into an amazing gaming pc, then all u need to do is upgrade ur vga and buy a cooler. but i guess that's not really important to u, coz as u stated, u want to game in 1024 x 768 LOL!! :P

ur gts 250 is outdated, no doubt... but it's sufficient for u to do ur work. and u don't really need any fancy coolers (coz ur not going to be pulling that much stress, at most all u will use is 2 cores), casing, or dvd rom. just get a normal casing and dvd-rom. i don't know bout other ppl but i rarely use my dvd-rom. if u really need a fancy casing, get an antec 600SE, it's only Rs. 7750 @ redline.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 05:10:31 pm by Sourjah »

Offline EGS

• View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 08:45:36 pm »
Yes for Video Editing Intel i5- cpu will be good. But it all depends on the Editing Card you are going to use. If u r a Pro Editor then based on the Capture card that you are going to use the M/B needs to be selected you cannot simply take a z68 of any brand. But if you are going to do Photo editing then you can go with a Z68 M/B even an Asrock will be good. Else you can go with a ASUS z68 M-Pro.

We can offer you a good price based on the config you need.

However Prices are stable or may go up but not to come down at this moment.
E-Globe Solutions Pvt Ltd., 87 5th Lane, Colombo 3. Tel : 0777-802534 / 4795632 / 4718517
For Branded Desktop / Laptop & EGS PC, Gaming Needs from Power Supply, Chassis, VGA cards to PC Accessories, UPS, Printers, NUC & Many More
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »
am i the only one who read this part? he clearly states he already has a vga, psu and hdd. and since he's not using this pc for gaming, he might as well stick with these. that will save him alot more money to spend on other components.

i think everyone here has built some awesome rigs to game on, but what ur really looking for is speed alone for ur vid editing, and not really graphics. so instead of going for the AMD X4 995, get a i5 2500 (MUCH faster) + asus Z68-V + 4GB XMS3 = Rs. 63,750 @ Redline. by the time u collected the money the prices wld've definitely fallen due to upcoming hardware... and later on, if u want to turn this into an amazing gaming pc, then all u need to do is upgrade ur vga and buy a cooler. but i guess that's not really important to u, coz as u stated, u want to game in 1024 x 768 LOL!! :P

ur gts 250 is outdated, no doubt... but it's sufficient for u to do ur work. and u don't really need any fancy coolers (coz ur not going to be pulling that much stress, at most all u will use is 2 cores), casing, or dvd rom. just get a normal casing and dvd-rom. i don't know bout other ppl but i rarely use my dvd-rom. if u really need a fancy casing, get an antec 600SE, it's only Rs. 7750 @ redline.

I will be upgrading my vga, this pc will be used at home to get the rendered sample. Once im done i take it to my workplace and render it. I will be unlocking even the hidden cores of the CPU, i will be looking to overclock it (almost everything exept for RAM maybe) i will be needing a casing as well need to keep dem cool cant afford to make it all run hot and gimme issues with working with PFPS (precise frames per second)

AFAIK they are waiting for the new line of AMD CPU's.

you mean the bulldozer yes? yeah i might be interested in that as well.

Yes for Video Editing Intel i5- cpu will be good. But it all depends on the Editing Card you are going to use. If u r a Pro Editor then based on the Capture card that you are going to use the M/B needs to be selected you cannot simply take a z68 of any brand. But if you are going to do Photo editing then you can go with a Z68 M/B even an Asrock will be good. Else you can go with a ASUS z68 M-Pro.

We can offer you a good price based on the config you need.

However Prices are stable or may go up but not to come down at this moment.

looking at really detailed editing, we're talking about V-Ray graphics every precise item/prop/object has be detailed and furnished. If the number of rendered frames lessens out i wont be able to see what ive missed and if thats the case then i have to build the Prop from scratch again. I dont know if this makes any sense to you but this is what its like.

Offline EGS

• View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:24 pm »
looking at really detailed editing, we're talking about V-Ray graphics every precise item/prop/object has be detailed and furnished. If the number of rendered frames lessens out i wont be able to see what ive missed and if thats the case then i have to build the Prop from scratch again. I dont know if this makes any sense to you but this is what its like.

Since we do a lot of systems for Editing & 3D Max, Maya using high end stuff we understand what you mean.

All depends on your budget. If you have a decent budget with that you need to check for the 4 main items.

The best processor and Motherboard,
The graphic card that will fall withing your budget and the fastest HDD for this.

You can even go for SSD where you can move your projects fm 1 to another, But most do the rendering in the night. They put all one after the other in a queue so an SSD may be not suitable so you can go for 10K RPM WD Raptor HDD.

So these are the main stuff others are all to fall in next with it.

Checking on AMD and Intel we will stand by Intel since its not one to test, in case of AMD if u have issues while the rendering is going then you will not know anythink till the following day and not meeting the deadline is the worst what you can think of. Best solution will be to stick to the Intel i7 Unlocked or the Extreme but the price is very high so stick to the i7 K series.

What you need is a stable platform and not one to experiment since this is not gaming but your job to earn Rs & $ .

So update we can help you out.