Non Steam

Offline rasty

• m'powering Sri Lankan Gaming
    • View Profile
    • gameladders.lk
LCGZ PUB server Steam or Non Steam
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:42:40 am »
I am having an idea of bringing back your favorite LCGZ Cs 1.6 server. ;D

But its just an idea, not confirmed. But  I am really concerning about using cheats in server.and its a real head each.

So to prevent this threat, at least to some extent, the server will be Steam.

This poll is to get an idea of what you guys think.
So please vote.

GameLadders
[email protected]

Re: LCGZ PUB server Steam or Non Steam
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »
rasty datz coool :D

+1  :D
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 03:05:30 pm »
70% of Public server players are non steam so a steam a public server will vote?I voted for non-steam have to think how practical the idea of steam server is
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:08:43 am »
Here's the deal having a Non-Steam server will end you up with the same problem you guys faced earlier. Hackers, HACKERS and More hackers. When the admin makes a mistake there's a big Hoo Ha on GLK & most of the time the admin is not even on GLK :S

I too am a Non-Steam player but My vote goes for Steam. This way people who are really into the game will find someway or the other to get Steam. Hackers wouldn't bother.

Remember in GLK back in the day when only around 16-20 players were there? No loud mouths, hackers or arrogant jerks or mic spammers.

It's not about Quantity it's all about Quality.

In case of inebriation break glass and use shards to slit wrists, you might wake up dead.
http://www.instagram.com/gothamsleepclinic
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:18:04 am »
STEAM players rarely play public.....keep it non steam.......and add more admins........no point of making it steam and not having even ten players in the server

Offline rasty

• m'powering Sri Lankan Gaming
    • View Profile
    • gameladders.lk
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:21:10 am »

It's not about Quantity it's all about Quality.

Agreed. Thats what I'm thinking.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:39:50 am by rasty »

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 11:52:28 am »
Agreed. Thats what I'm thinking.

true but we must look at the practical side of it 2 other public servers also there so would anyone buy steam to play on a particular server and even the steam players who wanna play public will go to the server where u have 25/32 rather than going to a server 5/32
as strider told its the solution get some ACTIVE admins and make sure u update when they go inactive.

Offline aXe^!

• яαgαтσяу.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 02:43:07 pm »
Dude you'll be better off making a deathmatch server,cause AJ is empty half of the time and when it comes to public GLK is the only server people play on for some reason :/  trust me you'll get more players in a DM server
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:38 pm »
LCGZ DM server please? <3

Live your life not celebrating victories, but overcoming defeats.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 07:04:57 pm »
dont encourage ppl to play public so a DM server would be appreciated rather dan a public server . Thanks
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 09:45:21 am »
It's not about getting Active admins Kudda, it's about the admins being active, feel me? After all admins are humans too and they have other thing to do as well.
The reason everyone plays on GLK is because they know exactly who the admins are and how to get in touch with them.

Look at it this way ppl who are serious about CS will always want to Scrim but not everyone gets to scrim coz Pvt servers are limited to 12 slots and most of the time they are locked and also apparently some players are uber douche bags.
So if LCGZ pub server goes STEAM the number of players will be limited at those times everyone can scrim na? Ppl who are waiting for their turn can wait on Spec. Or else instead scrimming 5v5 you can scrim with whatever the number of players available. 7v7, 8v8, 9v9 at least that way you can learn something rather than learning nothing.

Also like I said anyone who really wants to play CS will find a way to get STEAM.

@Rasty - When appointing admins appoint the same admins of GLK as admins of LCGZ also and maybe some more. :)

PS - just imagine when a horde of hackers invade both GLK & AJ then the people who were smart enough to buy Steam can move on to LCGZ and play peacefully. And there are many of us who just want to put off stress by playing on Pub servers and when we find the time to play some CS some nub hackers comes in :S
In case of inebriation break glass and use shards to slit wrists, you might wake up dead.
http://www.instagram.com/gothamsleepclinic
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:20 am »

. Or else instead scrimming 5v5 you can scrim with whatever the number of players available. 7v7, 8v8, 9v9 at least that way you can learn something rather than learning nothing.

scrim with more than 5?...a cs map is not a football field :S