Prince of Persia 4/Ghosts of the Past
« on: January 24, 2008, 02:22:03 pm »

The above are in-game screen shots from the forthcoming Prince of Persia 4/0/Ghosts of the Past, currently in development at Ubisoft Montreal.

The game, scheduled for release in the second half of next year (for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC), will feature younger prince than previous trilogy saw and will serve as a prequel to those titles and the start to a new trilogy (the second title scheduled to come out in summer 2009 to capitalize on the release of The Sands of Time feature film). Stylistically and gameplay-wise, the game has abandoned the dark edginess of the last two titles in favor a fantastical cross between The Sands of Time, Ico and Zelda.

UPDATE #1: Thank you, GameSpot. And these screens are from an early version of the game (this is why they look like crap), not anything final. But what is depicted (the Prince and a mysterious female character working together and being proximate) in the screens should end up in the final game.

UPDATE #2: Hey there, Ubisoft and subsidiaries.

UPDATE #3: I put Prince of Persia 4/0/Ghosts of the Past because I've seen the title referred to as either Prince of Persia 4, Prince of Persia 0/Zero, or Prince of Persia: Ghosts of the Past. However, I have not seen Prince of Persia 4: Ghosts of the Past. I use slashes as stylistic device to refer to alternates without rewriting the same thing multiple times.

UPDATE #4: There is no Wii version of the title in development at this time. There is some alternate PoP title in the works for the system.

UPDATE #5: The second game is looking like it will not coincide with the film. Sorry Wired, I don't really say anywhere that Ghosts of the Past is a definite title and I even note that above. I have replaced blurry versions with non-blurry ones (that will be probably be viewed as uglier) and the screens are from way back in the year 2006.

[via Surfer Girl]

Surfer Girl updated the interesting blog post which became rather popular, this time with new screenshots of what's supposed to be the next Prince of Persia's early build and details of the actual game. Ubisoft's fiscal year 2007 third-quarter report indicated that we'll see the next-gen Prince in 2008, and the blurry images could very well be how it looked like early in development.

If Surfer Girl's "insider info" is correct, the upcoming action game doesn't have its name set in stone yet. Prospects are Prince of Persia 4, Prince of Persia 0/Zero, and Prince of Persia: Ghosts in the Past.

Surfer Girl restated that the game is scheduled for release in the second half of 2008 for the Sony PlayStation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, and PC. Ubisoft's upcoming Wii offering, which Surfer Girl believed to be one of Prince of Persia 4's iterations, is actually an alternate PoP title according to the blogger.

Surfer Girl added that the next Prince of Persia game is just the beginning of a new trilogy, which next installment will see release in 2009 to capitalize on the release of The Sands of Time feature film. It's also a prequel to the trilogy that began with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

As we noted before, a couple of comments following Surfer Girl's blog post also bring up intriguing snippets. It is interesting that if those anonymous comments are legit, Ubisoft made an internal marketing video which showcased a game so visually impressive it couldn't be playable or even rendered on current day hardware. One comment says the long-haired character is female and the dark figure it's trailing is the Prince whose name is finally revealed as Amir.
Re: Prince of Persia 4/Ghosts of the Past
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 03:36:22 pm »
thx for this great news :D gona be patta game! pattama ghanawa!
Youtube Channel with 87 Million Views and over 45000 Subscribers

Checkout my Youtube Channel for Daily Gaming Video

http://www.youtube.com/user/LioNKoLLA
https://www.facebook.com/LioNKoLLEK/
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:02:40 pm »
hmm.. looks good..

loved the prince of persia seires over the years...cant wait to play this...  ;D

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:51:22 pm »
I hope they've changed the save system or at least made the save points closer together. There was some terrible placement in TTT.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 01:04:50 am »
omg another prince of persia... awesum!! i dnt tink i cn play, the system requirements wil be way to gud for me to play it on ma comp
Sinister
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:19:40 am »
awesome always love POP....

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:12:07 pm »
looks cool must check it out!!

Brother of ReVenGers.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 06:00:28 pm »
this looks exciting... hope it'll be good.. .:)

No Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:04:16 pm »
triple posts??
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 09:40:42 pm »
Whoa!...I really wonder what happens this time in this PoP series, more Dahaka chases or more sands of time demons? or more rewinds? or even more Dark princes with daggertails even :P
HP Pavilion DV4-3006tx | Intel Core i5-2410m | 4GB DDR3-1333 | AMD Radeon HD 6750m 1GB GDDR5 | 640HB HDD | Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:11:03 am »
take a look at new prince
Prince of Persia: Next Gen Speed Art Trailer
[gametrailers=420,360]http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33651[/gametrailers]

Offline BA3L

• n00b Alliance
  • AKA kbalrog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 09:09:31 pm »
Latest screenies of the next prince of persia...artistically cool if u ask me...

me likey... ;D :D

Offline Dili

• Death Company
  • Orbis Non Sufficit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 07:50:09 am »
me likey too. I just hope its no so flashy as to distract you from the gameplay. Fine details needed for gameplay might get lost in the bright artwork
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 07:59:51 am »
wow damen nice :D

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 08:07:55 am »
That was concept art KbalroG!
Sony PSP slim 2006 CFW5.50GEN D
Dark Alex is Legend...!...GENteam ROX