Best PC Shop in Kandy?
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:03:11 pm »
All you guys from Kandy, what's the best place in Kandy to get a whole assembled PC ie. somewhere the prices are decent, gives good warranty and service and doesn't try to rip one off? Thanks in advance....

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
    • Do you like berries?
Re: Best PC Shop in Kandy?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »
All you guys from Kandy, what's the best place in Kandy to get a whole assembled PC ie. somewhere the prices are decent, gives good warranty and service and doesn't try to rip one off? Thanks in advance....

TechZone or EGS + Rs 500/= for bus fare. (Y)

Offline Xa[i]N

• Death Company
  • Wield as One. Bow to None
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 08:41:51 pm »
Extreme Computers :)

Intel Core i7 950  | Asus Rampage III Formula | Corsair H80 |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 | AXLE 220 Phyx | CORAIR DDR3 12GB | Corsair 570W TX | 60GB Corsair Force GT SSD | 1.5TB+500GB  | 24"*2 Samsung | Razer BlackWidow  | Razer Death Adder | Razer Destructor | Razer Krakken 7.1 |  Raven 01 Casing |
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 07:48:39 pm »
well  for the past 2 year i have done deals with ClimaxPC shop located in kandy colombo road near the debug shop.  i know the owner and he had bought me stuff that are usually not avilabel in local market for a fair price. just check it out. the owner was a former extream computers worker about 3/4 years ago. they also has a website so u can get the contact numbers via it.

http://www.climaxpc.com/

hope this helps
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.

Offline Zer0

• Because zero f***s given
    • View Profile
    • Do you like berries?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:18 pm »
well  for the past 2 year i have done deals with ClimaxPC shop located in kandy colombo road near the debug shop.  i know the owner and he had bought me stuff that are usually not avilabel in local market for a fair price. just check it out. the owner was a former extream computers worker about 3/4 years ago. they also has a website so u can get the contact numbers via it.

hope this helps

I went here once. no one in the shop knew what a PSU with a PCI-E power connector was or had ever heard of one. The best VGA they had was a 9500GT (last April). so good luck.

Extreme Computers :)

They had actually heard of a genuine 400W+ PSU but didn't actually sell any. :P
Prices are a bit on the high side IMO. If you seriously don't wanna make a day trip to Colombo, this would be the place to go.

Offline EGS

• For the Best Support Service Call EGS
    • View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:20 pm »
Hi Guys if you need any item out of Colombo we will deliver it to your address at our cost. Contact us or visit us at www.eglobesl.com to updated prices.
E-Globe Solutions Pvt Ltd., 87 5th Lane, Colombo 3. Tel : 0777-802534 / 4795632 / 4718517
For Branded Desktop / Laptop & EGS PC, Gaming Needs from Power Supply, Chassis, VGA cards to PC Accessories, UPS, Printers, NUC & Many More
www.eglobe.lk  www.fb.com/egs.lk
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 09:28:29 pm »
Thanks for all the info guys, lots of options for me now!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:17:39 am »

I went here once. no one in the shop knew what a PSU with a PCI-E power connector was or had ever heard of one. The best VGA they had was a 9500GT (last April). so good luck.

well i got my PSU about 1.5 years ago by them. the modle is silverteon SST-ST75ZF. i dont know about there stock h/w stuff but got my VGA XFX 5850 about a month ago by them. so you dont need luck for this just proper business talk i guess. im not recommending this shop just stateing my experiance with them.

lestat  just check all the shops and get the best deal.
i7 4770, EVGA RTX 2070 black gaming edition,G skill Ripjaws X series 8gb*2  DDR3 RAM, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , ADATA XPG 240GB NVMe SSD,WD 1TB HD,ADATA XPG Pro 1TB NVMe, samsung evo 850 250gb SSD, Corsair graphite 760T white enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, AOC 24" IPS LED back lit monitor,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse, corsair RM750x white PSU.

Offline EGS

• For the Best Support Service Call EGS
    • View Profile
    • EGS Website
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:24:48 pm »
well i got my PSU about 1.5 years ago by them. the modle is silverteon SST-ST75ZF

What a small world, are u in living in Kandy ?
E-Globe Solutions Pvt Ltd., 87 5th Lane, Colombo 3. Tel : 0777-802534 / 4795632 / 4718517
For Branded Desktop / Laptop & EGS PC, Gaming Needs from Power Supply, Chassis, VGA cards to PC Accessories, UPS, Printers, NUC & Many More
www.eglobe.lk  www.fb.com/egs.lk

Offline MADNESSSsss

• Death Company
  • BaaaBaaaBaaBaaBaanana \:D/
    • View Profile
    • Xiphos Esports
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 09:19:44 am »

hope this helps

Same here.... I got my PC stuff from them as well...
Had an issue with my old VGA and they replaced it within 1.5 weeks... pretty decent prices too
BattleDroid-A1
Core i5 4590K @3.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 1070 8GB | 120GB SSD | 2TB + 1TB HDD | Acer XG270HU 144hz 2K Monitor |  SteelSeries Arctis 5 Dota Edition | Zowie FK 1+  | SteelSeries Qck+ Fnatic Edition
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 12:36:50 pm »
Well I'm from kandy and let me explain about extreme,1stof all extreme parts are over prized.now for a week my psu is burned and I'm trying to find a psu.I called to extreme and they never even heard of a psu of 500w-650w range with separate pci-e vga power out.finally after a 15mins in phone they told me they can get me compaaq psu for around rs.15,000 (800w as they told)
It is sad that now for a week I cannot find a place in here to buy a good branded psu :( :(
(I will thank very much if someone from kandy help me to buy a good psu from kandy.I need around 500W with 28A in 12V rails,really really desperate now-can't live with dads celeron lappy  :( )

well for assembled pc's I always buy stuff from a small shop in peradeniya road named Orient Computer systems(well my uncle is a co-owner of this place :P :P ).Good warranty service and you can order heavy stuff if u want.prize is not bad.But for VGA's and psu's idk anywhere in kandy which is good place.they all sell 9800GT's as their best vga and loads of people never even heard about GTX or GTS series(idk about ati ones)

really idk why people like barclays,egs,and some good shops in unity starts their branches here,we do need some good pc shops here with reasonable prizes.
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 09:08:03 pm »
really idk why people like barclays,egs,and some good shops in unity starts their branches here,we do need some good pc shops here with reasonable prizes.

Ya, I've been here since 1995 and each time I have to buy a computer or have a warranty issue I have to wait till my next Colombo trip to sort it out.  I've seen a lot of used pc joints pop up recently but none of the "reputed" agents AFAIK.

Offline dasundnc

• Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »
BUMP
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
I am from Kandy and there are two shops I would recommend.
Climax - I have assembled a couple of desktops from them and lots of my friends have used their services as well. Pretty decent place. I have known them since early 2000s as I remember and the owner has heled me bring down stuff that were not otherwise available in Kandy.
Orient Computer Systems - Small shop and not even many people in Kandy know this, but this shop has the stuff. And the owner is knowledgeable and helpful. It's located near Seethadevi school just before the Teleshop in Mulgampola junction.

There is also a branch of Techzone in Kandy City Center fyi.

EDIT: I Just realized this is a three year old thread
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:28:35 pm by ramishka »

Offline D4R

• Death is the road. Life is the traveller !
    • View Profile
    • Great deals on Amazon
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:18:30 pm »
BUMP
why in hell u bumped a 3year old post o.O

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night.
In between, I occupy myself as best I can

Intel Core i5 4570 @3.20Ghz | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr Gaming OC 2GB| 8GB DDR3 GSkill 1333Mhz | Gigabyte H81M-S2PV |Logitech G35 7.1 Gaming Headset | Logitech G400S Gaming Mouse |Samsung E2220X 22" 1080p LED Backlit | Cooler Master GXII 550W PSU | Cooler Master X Dream i117 CPU Cooler | Antec GX700 | Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Great Deals On Amazon And GMG:
http://amazonawesomedeals.blogspot.com/
http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=josivubo

My Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/d4r
if anyone has sent me a request and I haven't accepted, please let me know your id. many russian scammers send request every day and it's hard to figure out which one to accept