web analytics
Danger of Fan Modding for PS3 - Read before attempting it
« on: August 27, 2013, 12:35:57 pm »
We have a bunch of unscrupulous sellers here in Sri Lanka willing to rip off poor kids and none of them beats Chamal from Dave Computer Care in Battaramulla atleast when it comes to PS3 and unwanted repairs/mods.

There is no need for a fan mod for any ps3 model

The fan mods done by Chamal are not compatible with the ps3 system and will result in a ylod within the space of three months

The ps3 has a pretty good cooling system on its own. Coupled with a bit of common sense such as playing it in a ventilated room by means of a normal fan or ceiling fan and sufficient space from other devices should do

Chamal will try to dupe you by saying that the console's bottom portion getting really heated up as being bad but that is actually good. It means that heat is in fact being dissipated quickly.

As always if in doubt feel free to contact me or someone known to you before visiting such so called fake technicians

Last but not least all the people who have got burned by Chamal in the past due to the fan mods, please list your experiences as it will help others from following a similar fate

Always follow basic common sense and heed the if it ain't broke it need not be repaired option

NOTE :- This message is being written with the sole purpose of minimising the number of naive people from being ripped off from people like Chamal (Dave Computer Care Battaramulla) etc. I have seen what he is capable of in person and had to put up quite a fight to get a refund for a console that he destroyed.

Steer clear from him and follow the old adage if it ain't broke there is no need to fix it.

Concerned about ventilation - keep it a couple of feet away from the tv etc and use a normal fan or ceiling fan to provide added ventilation.

This message is brought to you with the intention of saving your hard earned money. I remember when I was small and had to collect for ages to buy cartridges etc for consoles at that time. (Didn't have money to buy branded ones back then lol)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:50:52 am by smcool17 »

Offline Wella DON

• Be ThE BesT...GivE ThE BesT...StRIvE FoR ThE BesT.
    • View Profile
    • Courier.lk
Re: Danger of Fan Modding for PS3 - Read before attempting it
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »
True Story, well said. +1

Lost My PS3 fat 40gb and my xbox 360s 250gb because of him, couple of years back.  But I dont want to elaborate my past experiences about it. :)
MSI GS70 2QE | 17.3 FHD eDP Display| Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5 | Intel Core i7 4710HQ+ | 16GB DDR3 (2x 8GB)| 512GB SSD| 1TB HDD|  Windows 10 Pro | Logitech MX Master | Audio Technica ATH-M50x

II-  Intel i5 6500 | Gigabyte G1 Sniper B7 mobo | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD | 1TB +2TB +2TB +4TB HDD | CM Elite 431 case | Corsair VS550 80+ Bronze PSU | 2x Samsung S24D590PL | Logitech X230 | Panasonic SC-BT230 EBK 1000W 5.1 Home theater

Offline KauBoy

• Tech Morph
  • Vincere, quod est perire!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:59 pm »
PC FTW!!
WE BUY IT, WE MOD IT! :D
LYRA 2.0 Rig No: 3
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.5GHz (1.27V) | MSI Z87 MPOWER motherboard | Corsair H100i Hydro Cooler | Kingston HyperX Fury White 4GBx4 (16GB) @1866Mhz | Intel 530 Series 120GB SSD | Western Digital RE-Enterprise 1TB + Seagate Barracuda 500GB | 2 X Palit GTX 980ti Super Jetstream 6GB GDDR5 OC | Corssair RM750 750W 80+ Gold PSU | Steelseries Siberia 200 Headset | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard | Steelseries Rival 700 Mouse | Steelseries QCK+ MouseMat| Corsair Carbide Series® Clear 400C Chassis|

visit us @ www.tech-morph.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 03:27:12 pm »
That guy chamal is c*** and i got shit for a while for pointing that out
Intel C2D E7200 @ 3.8 GHz  | P5ql-pro | 4GB  1066  DDR2 |Asus gtx 460 1gb cu direct | CM Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler |
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:54:08 pm »
True Story, well said. +1

Lost My PS3 fat 40gb and my xbox 360s 250gb because of him, couple of years back.  But I don't want to elaborate my past experiences about it. :)

Thanks mate,that's quite alright. Reliving past mistakes can be quite a nightmare in itself. As I have stated above if this topic will save a handful from destroying their consoles, then I have done my job.

That guy chamal is c*** and i got shit for a while for pointing that out

I suppose no one backed you up back then. Nevertheless I am glad you pointed it out. As a consumer you have a right to point out the bad from the good.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 07:48:45 pm »
For all those who have missed this thread in the past, must read.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 09:39:54 am »
Make sure you read this folks, dimwit is in town.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 04:28:37 pm »
why don't everyone report him to the mods?He is using glk to rippoff people and he is a huge IRL+internet troll
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:14 pm »
why don't everyone report him to the mods?He is using glk to rippoff people and he is a huge IRL+internet troll

I have done just that on behalf of all those who had been ripped off here on gamer.lk

Lets wait and see as to what the admins have decided.
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 09:43:33 am »
Must read.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 05:32:35 pm »
The admins didnt do anything then I doubt they will do anything now
Intel C2D E7200 @ 3.8 GHz  | P5ql-pro | 4GB  1066  DDR2 |Asus gtx 460 1gb cu direct | CM Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler |
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 09:21:52 am »
The admins didnt do anything then I doubt they will do anything now

Perhaps not but it wouldn't hurt to try. We simply can't have him ripping off everyone can we?

I am glad to see that people are now aware of this scum and if he is reading all I can say is you'll reap what you sow.:)
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 10:01:39 am »
I dont see why they didnt do anything back then (this happened along time ago) and they still continue to have him here.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 05:20:09 pm »
I dont see why they didnt do anything back then (this happened along time ago) and they still continue to have him here.

It seems I haven't seen this in a while so my apologies for replying so late.

It is a two part problem as far as I'm concerned.

1) Chamal from Dave Computer Care Bataramulla continues to rip people off with his useless fan mods, unwanted reflows and so on.

2) He is a complete moron who thinks of himself as being on par with Einstein. It's relatively easy to help people who accept that they might have made a mistake but not one who is a downright idiot but claims to be a genius.

As always you shall reap what you sow and mark my words Chamal, you shall get what you rightfully deserve.

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 05:37:01 pm »
admins take action
Maximum Esports Arcade