Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

NilFBosh

Today at 05:01:30 pm
Hey guys, this might be bit of a random question. So apparently Ralph Lauren polos are imported from Sri Lanka and I was wondering whether they sold any here, even the ones with small factory defects.

Chamod

November 22, 2017, 08:32:16 pm
NFS Payback origin code for sale.  :)

SRgamer

November 21, 2017, 07:31:19 am
i need a team to make a android game using unity. If you like to join send  a gmail to [email protected].  Also I need  to make  android app.  I have  the idea that mean basic concept to make them. So if u like  notify mee.

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389448
  • Total Topics: 32153
  • Online Today: 206
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 167
Total: 170

Author Topic: [BUYING] Intel G41 chipset motherboard [BOUGHT see update]  (Read 9684 times)

Offline rayaz

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Rayaz on Cars and Gizmos
[BUYING] Intel G41 chipset motherboard [BOUGHT see update]
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:10:03 pm »
Looking for Intel G41 or G43 chipset motherboard.  No Intel original please, Gigabyte preferred, Foxconn is also okay.  Used is fine as long as there is local warranty remaining on the item. 2 x DIMM G41 chipset board is fine, though a 4 x DIMM G43 chipset board is preferred.

Budget 6-8K.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:43:44 am by Anoren »

Offline randiljosh

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
Re: [BUYING] Intel G41 chipset motherboard
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:06:09 am »
why go for da G series mate????.P series is better.
you can get a foxconn p43a motherboard for 7k from barclays

Offline rayaz

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:11:08 am »
Cannot disagree with your recommendation, but i need the on-board graphics :) since the board will be coupled with a dedicated graphic card which is due soon, but until then i need it to labor on with an on-board.

Does barclays also have any G-series boards?

Offline randiljosh

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 08:10:00 am »
Cannot disagree with your recommendation, but i need the on-board graphics :) since the board will be coupled with a dedicated graphic card which is due soon, but until then i need it to labor on with an on-board.

oh ok.but mate if you need on board vga why not go for G31 or G35????and yeah i think barclays have G series motherboards

Offline monkey king stu

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 10:34:45 am »

If u plan on OC'ing then u should seriously reconsider the G series, maybe borrow a VGA card from a friend and buy a P35/45, don't know about others in the P series... but even then make sure to check reviews of the particular chipset and mobo before buying.

Offline [ESF]Blackinvoker

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:55:38 am »
call immediate we have it brnad new with warrenty Cal Arosh 0723525421

Offline praga

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 10:02:55 am »
call immediate we have it brnad new with warrenty Cal Arosh 0723525421
just a suggestion
why dont you state the price here so we all can get to kno the price right?
<<< A - G - A - R- P >>>

Offline monkey king stu

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 10:57:22 am »
just a suggestion
why dont you state the price here so we all can get to kno the price right?

Yeah seriously, what's the deal with all these posts, doing anything shady?

Offline rayaz

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 09:39:13 pm »
Darn wish their was a shady side..  sold my old machine and then realized that the market does not have much to buy :)

Saw an attractive deal at Barclay's a FoxConn P43 for just 7K, and then went the next day and the sales chap gives this story, you know we just sold all 100 pieces to a chap.  Something tells me that the Barclay's site and sales staff maybe just listing stuff that they don't have and once you go their show you other stuff and try to push it down the throat.. or maybe i just angry not getting that monitor....... ;D

Well anyways finally landed myself with a Gigabyte EG41M-S2H from PC house, the stuff had just landed.  Bloody featured board for a low end, solid state capacitors from Japan, HDMI/DVI/analog out.  Coupled it with a E5200 as my formula for the last few years has been buy "low" and OC than go for the big stuff  (Been very good with the E4300 @ 3Ghz, then the E7200 or 3.2Ghz).  So this time stepped down a mode from the E7200, hope its not going to backfire.

Anyways the boards decent, have not yet tried to push the config but did some small tweaks.  1 - Changed the FSB to 1066Mhz, and kept the memory at 800Mhz, and reduced the ratio so that the stock speed was the same at 2.53Ghz.  NO change in temps running beautifully and memory performances had jumped nicely.  Now just changed the multiplier a bit to get 2.66Ghz (E7300 equal), and just tried out 3Ghz and no problemo's.

Word of warning though, found out later that the G41 from Gigabyte due to its multiple outs, has the PCI-E limited to 4X :((((((((((( but fortunately its PCI 2.0, which means my RadeOn 3850 does not get messed up, but Nvidia's will (as they need the bandwidth, RadeOn being more efficient, check out the reviews of PCI 2.0 at tomshardware).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:04:04 pm by rayaz »

Offline praga

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 09:50:50 pm »
for how much did you buy that mobo???
<<< A - G - A - R- P >>>

Offline rayaz

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:10 pm »
sadly not cheap :( 10K.  But if you want a media center this is good, as it also gives a decent bit of overclocking features, combined with a media friendly GMA X4500 graphics (though not as good as the X4500HD which comes with the G45). The G45 is also available, thats fully packed with even better capacitors, e-SATA and Firewire outputs, but at a steep 18K price.

Offline praga

• Immortal
    • View Profile
Re: [BUYING] Intel G41 chipset motherboard [BROUGHT see update]
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:15 pm »
sadly not cheap :( 10K.  But if you want a media center this is good, as it also gives a decent bit of overclocking features, combined with a media friendly GMA X4500 graphics (though not as good as the X4500HD which comes with the G45). The G45 is also available, thats fully packed with even better capacitors, e-SATA and Firewire outputs, but at a steep 18K price.
ahh bit pricey
i think the price is high bcz its a new model.
<<< A - G - A - R- P >>>

Offline rayaz

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:12 pm »
If your into overclocking the the best i would say is to get a Gigabyte G31 motherboard (very stable i had one before), couple it with a E5200 or E7300.  You will easily get 3-3.5Ghz with the stock cooler, no issues.  However the G-series boards are supposedly stuck with a max FSB due to the graphics chip onboard, hence a p-series would be better if you are gamer and will end up using a dedicated graphics card.

Finding a Gigabyte G31 is the hard part though as PC house does not seem to carry gigabyte much (they are selling a crappy ASROCK board these days).  Next option is to go for FoxConn G31, the only problem is that Foxconn BIOS is not that great, and in most budget board they don't have an option to limit the PCI-Express.  The danger here (and i can tell you i have felt the effects) is that if you don't lock the PCI-Express to 100Mhz (default), max they say is 110, this effects the hard disk and you get a shit load of data errors :(  So make sure the BIOS setting is there and it works (MSI has the option and yet it does not work).

I also saw PC house selling a MSI P43 Neo, seems this is a budget model but useless for overclockers as though the options are there, most of them don't work.  the board also has very low quality capacitors, so don't expect much even if the bios options work after an update!  Price though is sweet around 11k.

Offline praga

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 10:24:38 pm »
If your into overclocking the the best i would say is to get a Gigabyte G31 motherboard (very stable i had one before), couple it with a E5200 or E7300.  You will easily get 3-3.5Ghz with the stock cooler, no issues.  However the G-series boards are supposedly stuck with a max FSB due to the graphics chip onboard, hence a p-series would be better if you are gamer and will end up using a dedicated graphics card.

Finding a Gigabyte G31 is the hard part though as PC house does not seem to carry gigabyte much (they are selling a crappy ASROCK board these days).  Next option is to go for FoxConn G31, the only problem is that Foxconn BIOS is not that great, and in most budget board they don't have an option to limit the PCI-Express.  The danger here (and i can tell you i have felt the effects) is that if you don't lock the PCI-Express to 100Mhz (default), max they say is 110, this effects the hard disk and you get a shit load of data errors :(  So make sure the BIOS setting is there and it works (MSI has the option and yet it does not work).

I also saw PC house selling a MSI P43 Neo, seems this is a budget model but useless for overclockers as though the options are there, most of them don't work.  the board also has very low quality capacitors, so don't expect much even if the bios options work after an update!  Price though is sweet around 11k.
currently im ownig a intel g33 chipset intel mobo so cant oc that, so trying to sell that and get a g43 mobo most probably foxconn, bcz basically i dont trust pc house (personal reasons :P) before i thort of getting a p series board and got to kno that it doesnt cum with onboard graphics anyway im not going to use onboard but its better to have with a board. and im not going to spend alot even 8k is doubt cz last tym i spent arnd 13k for my intel mobo very gud board and reliable but only thing is cant OC the processor.
<<< A - G - A - R- P >>>

Offline rayaz

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 10:48:51 pm »
A mate of mine was looking to get a budget rig, let me check if he is keen on the Intel G33, any price in mind?

Well if you are overclocking, dont then bother about the newer chipsets, get the G31 its the ultimate budget chipset with the backup onboard in case your VGA packs up on you!  (same strategy for me).

Well i don't trust any of the dealers specially in today's times where things are hard on them (low sales volumes, low margins, and nobody goes to them for high end).  But when your dumping 6-8K, you can be a bit free so don't worry about the dealer, go with someone big as the small boys have a habit of dissappearing (that's why i stick to Pc house, Neat, barclays, Asian, though these sames guys have many shops, e.g. Leader is a Pc house shop, and so are over 60% of unity shops).

For instance my old rid a P5LD2 (945 chipset) handled my E4300 darn well from 1.8Ghz to 3Ghz NO CRASHES, for over 1.5 years!  Only problem was that it had a FSB limit around 300Mhz, if no i would have pushed that E4300 for a bit more juice. Just replaced the stock cooler with the Pentium D processor cooler (much large copper base), and some artic ice.