Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Rzee

December 07, 2017, 12:17:47 am
anyone got a LGA1150 mini-itx motherboard for sale???

aaashraffaa

December 06, 2017, 07:35:41 pm
around $20 to ship it here.

truckerice

December 05, 2017, 09:17:54 pm
@aaashraffaa how much do u think it ll cost?

farmer

December 05, 2017, 06:04:39 pm
I HAVE BANNED WITHOUT A REASON PLS UNBAN ME

Sachi911

December 05, 2017, 05:36:05 pm
Anyone got PS plus subscriptions for sale ??

Show 50 latest
Members
  • Total Members: 20013
  • Latest: rEHa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389812
  • Total Topics: 32245
  • Online Today: 168
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 111
Total: 112

Author Topic: PS 3 REPAIRS & MODIFICATIONS  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Eye of Horus

• Noob
  • I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
PS 3 REPAIRS & MODIFICATIONS
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:29 am »
One of my friendísPS3 , ran in to a heating problem and he went to repair it. ( he has found that place in internet)
Form that place he got charged for that repair ,
Inspection / Diagnosis  chgs                  LKR   5,000.00
Fan Replacement                              LKR 12,500.00

Also offered him the following modification
E3 Flasher  9.99 offer with 10 games LKR 24,000.00

Total is 41,500.00 as you can see itís a huge amount.
Somehow my friend has paid this from his credit card since he want his PS3.   I Think my friend got caught & he has over paid. give your reviews so at least we can save others 

Offline sk

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
Re: PS 3 REPAIRS & MODIFICATIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:31:04 am »
i dont think 24k is a true price for that mod thing. similar Xbox 360 mods go for around 10k or less. i guess ps3 mods also go for similar prices.however he could have actually bought a used jailbroken PS3 for around 24k if he checked around ikman.lk. or even a used xbox one. i saw a used xbox one for 30k few weeks back.

Offline Eye of Horus

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:15:10 am »
thank you. this place is in Battaramulla I took a snap of the invoice that guy has given to my friend.

All game lovers be careful about this place. when u google " PS3 repair in sri lanka" the first name you'll get.

Offline sk

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 06:44:51 pm »
Is it that Dave Computer care place? They are famous for console repairs

Offline Eye of Horus

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 09:19:03 am »
I donít want to lie. Iím the one who told him to (my friend) go to that place because itís famous. After seeing all the Comments & reviews anyone will go to that place without any hesitation & self also planned to go, but  after heard that story & seeing that invoice as a proof I was shocked. That why I got register to this site and made the above post to get reviews since I donít know much about these repairs, modifications  & charges. Deceptive earning is very bad.

Offline sk

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 06:22:48 pm »
I donít want to lie. Iím the one who told him to (my friend) go to that place because itís famous. After seeing all the Comments & reviews anyone will go to that place without any hesitation & self also planned to go, but  after heard that story & seeing that invoice as a proof I was shocked. That why I got register to this site and made the above post to get reviews since I donít know much about these repairs, modifications  & charges. Deceptive earning is very bad.

True, i have called them once when my console broke down. they said thy cant tell anything without looking at the console even though i explained my problem. they also said they will initially charge 5k to diagnose the problem and they will tell a amount after they found whats wrong. I didnt take my one to them as i managed to fix my one from home and as you said after seeing the reviews in google even i would have taken my console if i couldnt do it at home. Its weird they charged such an insane amount. 

Offline Dave Computer Care

• Uber Pwnage
  • EVERY REPAIR / MODIFICATION IS DONE WITH WARRANTY
    • View Profile
    • Every Repair/Modification is done with 3 Months warranty only from Dave Computer Care
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 11:13:11 pm »
Dear Sir,

Your friend didn't tell you the whole story. His hard disk 320GB was on OFW 4.81 AND IT WAS BAD. HAD FREEZE ISSUES ON BOOT. Bad hard disk was given back to customer.

Inspection / Diagnosis  charges              were not charged even though the console was returned same day.

New Fan Replacement                              LKR   9,500.00

New 500GB 10000RPM Hard disk              LKR  12,000.00

Also offered him the following modification
E3 Flasher  9.99 offer with 13 games of his choice LKR 20,000.00

*LKR 4500 Service DONE Free.

*Both metal Motherboard covers LKR 7500 changed for free hence rusted.

*Console was opened by customers cousin (as per customer) as a result blue-ray drive was not
   reading disks fixed for free. (New data flex given free LKR 1500 FREE)

if you want i can post a copy of the bill which includes all this signed by customer.

F.Y.I console was opened in-front of the customer. ALL PAYMENTS WERE MENTIONED BEFORE  THE REPAIR. CUSTOMER CONSENT WAS GIVEN AND PAYMENT WAS MADE IN THE MORNING VIA CARD AT THE TIME HE HANDOVER-ED THE CONSOLE.NOT WHEN HE COLLECTED THE CONSOLE. NEXT TIME PLS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU POINT THE FINGER TO SOMEONE.THANK YOU!!!!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:16:28 pm by Dave Computer Care »
Dave Computer Care, No.50/10,8TH Lane,Wickramasinghepura,Battaramulla. Tel : 0777-335277.
PS3,PS4,XBOX 360,XBOX ONE , New Purchases, Repairs (PS3-Y.L.O.D, R.L.O.D / XBOX-R.R.O.D), All modifications Software & Hardware for   X-BOX & PS3,Fanmods ,Modchips,Services &  Meny More