Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:17 am
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:14 am
You read this - it

zaryamain

November 13, 2017, 03:39:10 pm
selling my brand new 2tb portable hdd for 10k :)

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389369
  • Total Topics: 32136
  • Online Today: 355
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 209
Total: 212

Author Topic: PS Plus and Region Locks  (Read 662 times)

Offline gamer86

• Noob
  • I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
PS Plus and Region Locks
« on: August 09, 2017, 07:56:22 am »
Hi,

New PS4 user here! I am wondering about getting the PS Plus Membership.. Is it worth it?

Also I was looking at a few games on eBay and some are PAL and some are Region Free... Are the ones mentioned as Region Free truly Region Free or will I have trouble with DLCs? I have a UK PSN account..

Thanks!

Offline i5hananto

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
Re: PS Plus and Region Locks
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 10:59:08 am »
If you haven't committed much to this account and if you are thinking of upgrading to plus it's better to switch to a US account. you can buy the subscription from Amazon without any middle men. The price that you pay will be cheaper. All PS4 games are region free(you can play any ps4 game on any console). however, the DLC that you purchase should be in the same region as your base game.

Eg: if you have a US ps4 disc based game you can purchase a DLC from your UK account but it will not work with your version of the US base game.

Most games that are sold here are of US origin as far as i know.

If you have plus you get monthly games that you can keep till you are subscribed. This month we got just cause 2 and AC4 black flag. With plus you get special discounts at sales. Last month I bought God of War 3 remastered for $4. And you need ps plus for multiplayer. You will also get 10Gb of online storage for your save data.

Overall I think plus offers good value for your money.
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Intel Core i7-6700 | Asus Z170-A | HyperX Fury 2666 2x8Gb | EVGA 550G2 | Cooler Master 431 | Logitech KB n Mouse | Samsung B2430H | XBox One S Controller

PSN:

Offline gamer86

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:11:44 am »
Hi,

Thank you so much for your detailed response. Looks like Plus is a good investment. 10 GB space is meh TBH but the other benefits seem really good.

Most of the games I have which I bought here seem to be Europe based... The games have a Globe symbol with #2. I had to make a UK PSN account just to get some DLCs... I also have a US PSN account, I guess I can alternate between them for different games?

How do I know whether games are region based or not, for example like you said a US game disc won't allow me to play DLCs on a UK account... For example some games on eBay are listed as Region Free and some as PAL... Which ones should I get? Is it better to keep a single PSN account and stick to Region Free discs (are there region free discs or is it just a technical description)..

Thanks!

Offline gamer86

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 11:17:20 am »
Just a note: I checked on Offgamers and currently 12 Month Membership

UK : $44.82
US : $55.00

I think there is a discount event.. Original price is $ 60 if I am not mistaken...

Offline i5hananto

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 01:02:00 pm »
Some games mention region free on the box and some mention a region. You need to ignore this. If you bought a game that says region free from the US you will still need US dlc to work with it.

All games are region free in the sense that they will play on any ps4 console. A US game that says region free or region US/NTSC will work on a EU ps4 without any issues.

basically, if you have a disc based game look at the game code. in the ps3 days BLES meant it was a EU/UK game. so you need to buy dlc for that game from your UK account. BLUS was for north american ones.

For digital games make sure you buy the game and dlc from the same account.

Once you download the games you can play them from your UK and US accounts without an issue. So I would suggest playing the games from your ps plus account regardless of the account you used to purchase :)

I usually buy the US 1 year sub for $40 from sales.

Update:

Looks like sony has updated the region codes
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3ct3qm/what_region_is_my_game_box_says_plas/csyrv9w/

Also another hint is to look at the rating agency. US games are rated by ESRB and euro ones are done by PEGI
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:08:16 pm by i5hananto »
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Intel Core i7-6700 | Asus Z170-A | HyperX Fury 2666 2x8Gb | EVGA 550G2 | Cooler Master 431 | Logitech KB n Mouse | Samsung B2430H | XBox One S Controller

PSN: