Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Jiehfeng

Yesterday at 07:33:26 am
@Eldariooon I'll be buying it soon.

De Firenze

Yesterday at 12:15:53 am
What will be the market value of a brand new i7 6700HQ,8GB,960m,128ssd,1tb,.. "gaming" lap.

Eldariooon

July 23, 2017, 06:58:37 pm
Anyone playing Splatoon 2  ? Looking for 2 more players to 4v4.

king solomon

July 23, 2017, 05:22:52 pm
nope it's good for ppl with 17" inch monitors, and there are lot out there ;D

Legend_Killer

July 23, 2017, 04:03:02 pm
GT 730 is useless unless it's at least 12GB

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 386789
  • Total Topics: 31495
  • Online Today: 220
  • Online Ever: 378
  • (December 09, 2010, 07:31:23 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 162
Total: 164

Author Topic: Please explain Dialog's Time Based Packages (KBB50)  (Read 686 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Noob
    • View Profile
Please explain Dialog's Time Based Packages (KBB50)
« on: July 11, 2017, 11:08:57 am »
Hi all,

I recently got to know about Dialog's Time Based Internet packages.

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could explain to me how these packages work...
KBB 50 seems to be the most popular package among gamers for downloading stuff.

I'll be using these packages for downloading. Do these packages truly offer unlimited downloading at good speeds?

I do have a few questions:
  • Some of these packages have speed checks at a certain usage. Dialog's website states that KBB 50's speedcheck applies at 0MB (which I assume means that there is no speed check), but the more expensive packages have speed checks applying at 1GB, etc. Could someone please confirm this? How bad is the speed reduction?
  • I need to download through WiFi. Is there a way to make this possible?
  • How do you activate this package? Do you just buy a normal Dialog prepaid sim and activate the package and then plug it in to your dongle/router?
  • I have a Dialog 4G router with me. Can we plug the sim into this router and download from it (through WiFi)
  • Can you activate multiple packages at the same time? For example, the KBB 50 package is 2 hours.
     But if I want to download for 8 hours consecutively, can I activate 4 KBB 50 packages at the same time? Is that possible

Any additional info you guys can provide on these packages is much appreciated

I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm very curious to know more about this as it sounds like a great deal!!  :P

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:20:34 am by Scorpio »

Offline ThE_NoRmAl_GuY

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Please explain Dialog's Time Based Packages (KBB50)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:55:11 pm »
  • Don't know about the speed check. Last time I used, it didn't slow down.
  • Buy a Portable hotspot. Or create a virtual hotspot with your computer/laptop ttp://www.connectify.me/hotspot/
  • You can only activate this though a 3G sim. KBB50 to 678 if I remembered correctly.
  • I don't think that will work. But give it a try. I wanna know what's gonna happen. :D

• I have no idea man. sorry.
Intel Core i5 6500 | Gigabyte Sniper B7 Motherboard | Adata 8GB 2133Mhz|RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB 1400 Mhz XD | Teratron T7 with Custom lighting |Adata SP550 250GB SSD| 750GB and 500GB HDD's that I salvage from my old Laptops|RazerŪ Goliathus Mouse Pad|G402 Hyperion Fury Mouse :p| 22" Viewsonic Monitor|Cooler master B600 600W PSU |

Offline haZh

• Noob
  • Join with me at: discord.grenade.ga
    • View Profile
    • Grenade Gaming
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 07:27:46 am »
Do these packages truly offer unlimited downloading at good speeds?
No. Their system is smart to throttle you back to stone age speeds and limit the overall data download, which forces you to buy a bigger postpaid monthly package.
Grenade Gaming Counter Strike 1.6 Servers: #sri #lanka #sl #lk

Offline Scorpio

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 08:09:26 am »
  • Don't know about the speed check. Last time I used, it didn't slow down.
  • Buy a Portable hotspot. Or create a virtual hotspot with your computer/laptop ttp://www.connectify.me/hotspot/
  • You can only activate this though a 3G sim. KBB50 to 678 if I remembered correctly.
  • I don't think that will work. But give it a try. I wanna know what's gonna happen. :D

• I have no idea man. sorry.

Hey there, thank you for answering my questions!   :)

Do you have a link to Connectify Hotsport Pro?
Since the free version doesn't support 3G/4G hotspot sharing...

So does that mean that  I have to stay up all night and send the text every two hours to reactivate KBB 50?  o.0

Offline Scorpio

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:12:57 am »
No. Their system is smart to throttle you back to stone age speeds and limit the overall data download, which forces you to buy a bigger postpaid monthly package.

Oh well... Who needs sex when your telecom provider screws you everyday.

Offline Silver Knight

• Pwnage
  • El Psy Congroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 10:46:14 am »
This is false. I use KBB50 on a daily basis and I'm dependant on it so much that I keep a seperate Dialog 3G only SIM just for this purpose. On a good day I've downloaded close to 15GB on a single package (60 bucks) with no speed checks what so ever. Like any wireless network (especially dialog) their speeds will fluctuate due to various factors but this is not due to speed checks in the package itself. I usually get download speeds that fluctuate between 1MBps-2MBps.
With KBB I can downloaded close to 20GB for less that 150bucks. As such I no longer use my SLT day time data for any big downloads. I just keep that for my web browsing and occasional video streaming.
Also to note: the KBB packages which larger that the KBB 50 package DO have speed checks so don't use them. Just activate KBB 50 packages one after the other and you're good to go! Also, I haven't tried this in a while but I remember that until some time ago you can "stack up" KBB packages on top of each other so no need to stay up all night although I'm not sure whether this works now. Hope this helps :)

Offline Scorpio

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 11:14:53 am »
This is false. I use KBB50 on a daily basis and I'm dependant on it so much that I keep a seperate Dialog 3G only SIM just for this purpose. On a good day I've downloaded close to 15GB on a single package (60 bucks) with no speed checks what so ever. Like any wireless network (especially dialog) their speeds will fluctuate due to various factors but this is not due to speed checks in the package itself. I usually get download speeds that fluctuate between 1MBps-2MBps.
With KBB I can downloaded close to 20GB for less that 150bucks. As such I no longer use my SLT day time data for any big downloads. I just keep that for my web browsing and occasional video streaming.
Also to note: the KBB packages which larger that the KBB 50 package DO have speed checks so don't use them. Just activate KBB 50 packages one after the other and you're good to go! Also, I haven't tried this in a while but I remember that until some time ago you can "stack up" KBB packages on top of each other so no need to stay up all night although I'm not sure whether this works now. Hope this helps :)

Hi there, thank you so much for your detailed reply! Really helped me clear some of my doubts  :)

The speeds seem great for such a value-worth package!

Just a few follow ups to your reply...

• Do you use a 3G dongle to download? (where you've inserted your 3G sim into it)
  • So if the stacking of KBB packages don't work, I have to wait till the 2 hours are over and then send the text again to reactivate KBB 50?
  • I want to use this package to download game updates/patches on my Xbox, so the downloads will be done through WiFi. Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks again!  :D

Offline Chayan4400

• Uber Pwnage
  • Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 12:35:27 pm »
Hey there, thank you for answering my questions!   :)

Do you have a link to Connectify Hotsport Pro?
Since the free version doesn't support 3G/4G hotspot sharing...

So does that mean that  I have to stay up all night and send the text every two hours to reactivate KBB 50?  o.0

Use Windows' built-in hotspot feature. Works for everything from Dongles to pre-existing WiFi connections and broadcasts on the 5GHz channel as well.
----    Main Rig 🔧    ----
Intel Core i5 4590 | Inwin 805  8) | Cosair Vengeance DDR3 8GB | Gigabyte RX 480 4GB | ASUS H81M-C | EVGA 550W G2 | 3x NZXT FN-140 v2 140mm Fans | 1x NZXT FZ-120 120mm Fan | Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Bose Soundlink Mini | ASUS Strix Tactic Pro | Dell 22" S2216H | Sennheiser HD 558s | XBox One Controller | Kazaira Extended Mousepad | RGB Lighting Strip | APC Back-UPS ES 500 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

----    School Laptop 🔧    ----
HP Spectre x360| Intel Core i5 6200U | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD | 13.3" 1080p IPS Touchscreen | Bang and Olufsen Speakers | Windows 10 Home 64-bit + Ubuntu LTS 16.04 + MacOS Sierra (Yes, really)

----    Home NAS, Print, RAIDUS and UniFi Server and Networking 🔧    ----
HP 8000 Elite SFF | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | Intel motherboard | Samsung + Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB DDR3 | 120GB SanDisk Plus SSD | 2x2TB WD Red in RAID 1 | Ubuntu Server 16.04 | TP-Link 8-port Gigabit Switch | Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR

Offline Silver Knight

• Pwnage
  • El Psy Congroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »
Hi there, thank you so much for your detailed reply! Really helped me clear some of my doubts  :)

The speeds seem great for such a value-worth package!

Just a few follow ups to your reply...

• Do you use a 3G dongle to download? (where you've inserted your 3G sim into it)
  • So if the stacking of KBB packages don't work, I have to wait till the 2 hours are over and then send the text again to reactivate KBB 50?
  • I want to use this package to download game updates/patches on my Xbox, so the downloads will be done through WiFi. Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks again!  :D

Glad to hear that my reply was of some help. As for your questions,
  • Nope, I use my old smartphone although I did use a 3G dongle before that. If you're planning on getting a dongle though I suggest you research and buy one with good connectivity because the one I had was horrible haha. Also, you can make any 4G dialog sim 3G by just calling them :)
  • Yes if stacking up at once doesn't work you'll have to activate every 2 hours, dialog will send you 2 texts, one warning you that your package will expire in 10 mins and another one when the package has just expired.
  • Since I use a phone as my "dongle" I can just activate a WiFi hotspot on my phone, but if you're planning on using a dongle, you'd either have to buy a WiFi dongle but they can be a bit pricey or as the post above mentions, plug in your dongle to a laptop and activate a hotspot through windows, although I have mixed experiences with this method in the past.. Maybe new windows updates have made improvements to this feature....

Hope this answers your questions :)

Offline Scorpio

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »
Use Windows' built-in hotspot feature. Works for everything from Dongles to pre-existing WiFi connections and broadcasts on the 5GHz channel as well.

I'm on Windows 8... I don't think the hotspot feature is available in-built on Windows 8.

I was planning on using Virtual Router to make my laptop a hotspot with the dongle connected in.
https://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

Offline Scorpio

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 10:44:42 am »
Glad to hear that my reply was of some help. As for your questions,
  • Nope, I use my old smartphone although I did use a 3G dongle before that. If you're planning on getting a dongle though I suggest you research and buy one with good connectivity because the one I had was horrible haha. Also, you can make any 4G dialog sim 3G by just calling them :)
  • Yes if stacking up at once doesn't work you'll have to activate every 2 hours, dialog will send you 2 texts, one warning you that your package will expire in 10 mins and another one when the package has just expired.
  • Since I use a phone as my "dongle" I can just activate a WiFi hotspot on my phone, but if you're planning on using a dongle, you'd either have to buy a WiFi dongle but they can be a bit pricey or as the post above mentions, plug in your dongle to a laptop and activate a hotspot through windows, although I have mixed experiences with this method in the past.. Maybe new windows updates have made improvements to this feature....

Hope this answers your questions :)

Thank you again for your detailed reply! 

Just a few follow ups: (again) :P

• Would the download speeds be slower if the device is connected to your mobile phone when compared to being connected to a laptop that has it's hotspot enabled? 
  • So after I get the 10min warning text, I just resend the KBB 50 activation text yea? After I'm done with all the downloading for the day, I send the KBB deactivation text right?
  • I'm on Windows 8... I don't think the hotspot feature is available in-built on Windows 8. So I was planning on using Virtual Router to make my laptop a hotspot with the dongle connected in. Any expereicne with it?

I called Dialog today to know more about the package. After being on hold for ages, an agent finally answered and he didn't know jacksh*t... -.-

Offline Silver Knight

• Pwnage
  • El Psy Congroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 12:13:00 am »
Thank you again for your detailed reply! 

Just a few follow ups: (again) :P

• Would the download speeds be slower if the device is connected to your mobile phone when compared to being connected to a laptop that has it's hotspot enabled? 
  • So after I get the 10min warning text, I just resend the KBB 50 activation text yea? After I'm done with all the downloading for the day, I send the KBB deactivation text right?
  • I'm on Windows 8... I don't think the hotspot feature is available in-built on Windows 8. So I was planning on using Virtual Router to make my laptop a hotspot with the dongle connected in. Any expereicne with it?

I called Dialog today to know more about the package. After being on hold for ages, an agent finally answered and he didn't know jacksh*t... -.-

• No, actually from my experience, tethering a WiFi hotspot through my mobile has given be the best speeds.
  • Yes and also, you don't need to deactivate KBB, as longs as turn of data on what ever device you have your dialog sim in, KBB will automatically pause. The package is valid for 3 days so you could download for one hour on a Monday and use the next hour the coming Wednesday if you want.
  • Yes and it was horrible. Connection dropped constantly. But this was more than 2 years ago so maybe things have improved now :)

Sorry for the late reply but I hope this info is of some use to you :)

Offline hairgel

• Noob
  • "My face is my shield"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 04:09:11 am »
[[/quote]
With KBB I can downloaded close to 20GB for less that 150bucks.

Teach me master! What is the dongle you are using?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:11:36 am by hairgel »

Offline i5hananto

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 12:17:21 pm »
I'm on Windows 8... I don't think the hotspot feature is available in-built on Windows 8.

I was planning on using Virtual Router to make my laptop a hotspot with the dongle connected in.
https://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/

this feature is available from windows 7, i think the ui was only introduced with windows 10, here is the command that you need to run to enable it.

http://lifehacker.com/turn-a-windows-8-1-pc-into-a-wi-fi-hotspot-with-the-com-1593327340
even though the article uses windows 8.1 its applicable for 7+

also stacking is still available as far as i know
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Intel Core i7-6700 | Asus Z170-A | HyperX Fury 2666 2x8Gb | EVGA 550G2 | Cooler Master 431 | Logitech KB n Mouse | Samsung B2430H | XBox One S Controller

PSN:

Offline Silver Knight

• Pwnage
  • El Psy Congroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 11:57:39 pm »
[
Teach me master! What is the dongle you are using?
I'm not using a dongle, I'm using my old Xperia to enable a WiFi hotspot.