Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

NilFBosh

Today at 05:01:30 pm
Hey guys, this might be bit of a random question. So apparently Ralph Lauren polos are imported from Sri Lanka and I was wondering whether they sold any here, even the ones with small factory defects.

Chamod

November 22, 2017, 08:32:16 pm
NFS Payback origin code for sale.  :)

SRgamer

November 21, 2017, 07:31:19 am
i need a team to make a android game using unity. If you like to join send  a gmail to [email protected].  Also I need  to make  android app.  I have  the idea that mean basic concept to make them. So if u like  notify mee.

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389447
  • Total Topics: 32153
  • Online Today: 206
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 151
Total: 153

Author Topic: What is the acceptable range for 12v rail on PSU?  (Read 10987 times)

Offline LeoN

• PnX-Gaming
  • Immortal
  • Free Your Mind...
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix GaminG
Re: What is the acceptable range for 12v rail on PSU?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 08:27:30 pm »
how about you sell a good psu to me for Rs. 5000 or less? :D

AnushA...Grow up man>>>Who said that you can buy a good PSU for 5000. A good PSU would be min. above 8k. But i all ways prefer Corsair PSU....It's really a stunner.

☜☆☞   ☬ Intel i7 4970K OC 4.8GHz @ 1.35V | MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC | 8GB G.Skill Sniper x 2 @ 2000Mhz | MSI GTX 780 TI | Seasonic X-850 | CM Seidon 120V P+P | OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | Samsung 2TB F3 | Samsung BR DSH-B123 | Raven RV01 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G700 | Logitech Z-5500D | Logitech G930 | NZXT Sentry | Roccat Apuri | Samsung PX2370  ☜☆☞

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 09:57:18 pm »
PSU: Amacrox AX-500s

I've read the 12v rail should be within 5%, so 11.4-12.6, but mine shows 12.619-12.682 in bios (Gigabyte mobo) and same in Easy Tune 6. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows an incorrect reading of 0.64-2.75!

Is this bad? What should i do?

Errr a "safe" reaing should be within 1% of the rated voltage, according to most people.

Although most PSUs are usually always higher or lower than the rated voltage, they're usually well within the 1% margin. For example the PCP&P Silencer was consistently a few fractions of a volt lower than the rated voltage but well within tolerable levels.

Its possible that the mobo's sensor is off, but thats a dangerous assumption to make. What is WRONG however is the OUTRAGEOUS claim that Gigabyte is not a top tier mobo maker. The only brand that competes with them is ASUS. IIRC Gigabyte just took the lead in mobos shipped from ASUS. Foxconn on the other hand is a minnow in the international market. "The person" who says that foxconn is a better brand than gigabyte, or even that intel mobos are beter than gigabyte mobos is clearly spewing verbal crap.
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline gayankap

• Immortal
  • xfire id - gayan3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »
That's no better than what I have. I want a 85+ PSU :D

:D ... if u get one for 5000 rs please let me know lol ...   :P

I've read the 12v rail should be within 5%, so 11.4-12.6, but mine shows 12.619-12.682

in bios (Gigabyte mobo) and same in Easy Tune 6. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows an

incorrect reading of 0.64-2.75!

if u have already checked using a multimeter and if its showing normal v rates

plus if ur not expiriencing any shut down problems or similer problems u maybe ok ...  :idea:

but i can't say for sure ...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:34:13 pm by gka3000 »
Gave Up PC Gaming Long Time Ago - And Moved To

Sony PS4 Pro 1TB / VR Headset / 2 X Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controllers / Play Station Move / Play Station Camera / 55 Inch 4K Samsung Curved 3D Smart Tv / LG Curved Wireless Sound Bar With Wireless Sub Woofer

Offline üb3r n00b!

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 02:14:09 pm »

I've read the 12v rail should be within 5%, so 11.4-12.6, but mine shows 12.619-12.682 in bios (Gigabyte mobo) and same in Easy Tune 6. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows an incorrect reading of 0.64-2.75!

10% actually,but in such a case the vrms on the mobo would be doing too much work
a "good" unit would stay within 2-3% of the rated voltage
Nobody thinks it can happen to them,but anyone can get a PhD.
Make sure you get tested.

Thank you.

Offline captain|zulfar

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 06:28:17 pm »
i owned a ax500-s and after a year later it gave same trouble as mentioned by other people , and i had to go back for a china psu to power up my vga card because the warranty period of one year is over .

(N)

i took out the cover of my psu to look inside i saw on the wired up side of circuit a small capacitor which says 3.3 sensor on the board have got burned out heavily . i couldn't see the model of the cap in it self because it was badly melted .

:\

seems like this crap cheap psu is made by fsp group but they use there sister company logo on it , which is amacrox . whatever they do what i can think of is this product gives the same issues we face on cheap china psu models such as no display and capacitor burning out , vga card fans wont turn on and etc . i guess these dudes makes this psu with cheap capacitors and methods just to make its prize drop so that everyone can afford it .

(N)

i don't recommend this psu to anyone whose using a 4830 / 4850 / 4870 / specially 4890 which is a joke to be used with such a psu it self or neither to users of 9600 gt that use a pci express 12 v rail for the card .

:D

i use a 9600 gt and a dual core which makes it useless to over clock my system so i didn't o.c. my system at all . but since this is a 500watter if this is so much quality and good as the sellers say it is it could handle a somewhat over clocked system too . which it cant for sure because even normally running pc's gives trouble with this crap .

:sick:

probably that out of range voltage issue may have appeared with mine as well but at the moment i cant check for voltage because the psu is in dead condition completely . plus i got the no display and need to restart a few times to get display problem for a long time before its warranty ended but i kept thinking that it was maybe my motherboard or the vga card that was giving trouble .

:sick:

oh and by the way thats a nice paint job on the out side but on the inside bad paint job done . plus i dont care what those sellers think of my comment on this crap product , or if they even dont wanna read these words i have typed i don't care bout that either . my only priority is to save some once a** by wasting there money on this crap s**t product which the sellers wont clearly care about .

Therefore do not go by the M/B Bios reading if your board is not a rated board. Gigabyte may have features but among M/B its Intel / Foxconn / ASUS or Intel /ASUS /FOXCONN then MSI as leaders.

smooth move mr. egs .

:bye:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:10:30 pm by captain|zulfar »
HELLO SRI LANKA

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 06:51:42 pm »
From where are you getting 10%? 10% is WAAAY too high. I wouldn't bet on your VRMs surviving much longer.

Different companies have different tolerances, but Imo it should be within 1%. Otherwise, I dont see how they can claim to be a top tier manufacturer.

Note: as of typing this message, my +12V rail is at 12.03v.
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline captain|zulfar

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 07:12:31 am »
at least he may survive for another couple of months lol .  :D
it seems my china psu is giving better rates on its voltage .  :P
just kidding .  :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:19:16 am by captain|zulfar »
HELLO SRI LANKA

Offline üb3r n00b!

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 08:31:45 am »
From where are you getting 10%? 10% is WAAAY too high. I wouldn't bet on your VRMs surviving much longer.

Different companies have different tolerances, but Imo it should be within 1%. Otherwise, I dont see how they can claim to be a top tier manufacturer.

Note: as of typing this message, my +12V rail is at 12.03v.

did you measure that with a multi meter? if not then forget it

and i got the 10% from here [yes i made a slight mistake but 10% is still valid counts for the +12v rail] and that's what every psu manufacturer "supposedly" should adhere to.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:33:29 am by üb3r n00b! »
Nobody thinks it can happen to them,but anyone can get a PhD.
Make sure you get tested.

Thank you.

Offline gayankap

• Immortal
  • xfire id - gayan3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »
it seems my china psu is giving better rates on its voltage .  :P
just kidding .  :D

o.0:o:D
Gave Up PC Gaming Long Time Ago - And Moved To

Sony PS4 Pro 1TB / VR Headset / 2 X Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controllers / Play Station Move / Play Station Camera / 55 Inch 4K Samsung Curved 3D Smart Tv / LG Curved Wireless Sound Bar With Wireless Sub Woofer

Offline monkey king stu

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 05:26:32 am »
Just an update to anybody who's been following this thread, my PSU is still well and kicking, and once again thanks to EGS for their excellent customer service.