Scottemaft

Today at 02:00:32 am
commercial auto insurance leads

<a href=" http://avinsurance2018.top/
 ">amax auto insurance san antonio tx
</a>

watchesolution

Today at 01:14:32 am
Watchesolution.com is an official stockist for all watch brands listed on this website. Watchesolution.com pride ourselves on having one of the most efficient shopping systems available with communication at every stage to inform you of your order status, as well as excellent 7-days sales, customer

Scottemaft

Yesterday at 10:46:21 pm
auto insurance humble tx

<a href=" http://avinsurance2018.top/
 ">ameriprise auto and home insurance phone number
</a>

Scottemaft

Yesterday at 03:28:46 pm
kansas city mo auto insurance

<a href=" http://aunsurance2018.top/
 ">acceptance auto insurance augusta ga
</a>

Scottemaft

Yesterday at 12:54:48 pm
cancelling auto insurance

<a href=" http://aunsurance2018.top/
 ">unity auto insurance
</a>

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 391459
  • Total Topics: 32683
  • Online Today: 277
  • Online Ever: 465
  • (January 19, 2018, 03:55:11 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 135
Total: 136

Author Topic: What is the acceptable range for 12v rail on PSU?  (Read 11378 times)

Offline LeoN

• PnX-Gaming
  • Immortal
  • Free Your Mind...
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix GaminG
Re: What is the acceptable range for 12v rail on PSU?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 08:27:30 pm »
how about you sell a good psu to me for Rs. 5000 or less? :D

AnushA...Grow up man>>>Who said that you can buy a good PSU for 5000. A good PSU would be min. above 8k. But i all ways prefer Corsair PSU....It's really a stunner.

☜☆☞   ☬ Intel i7 4970K OC 4.8GHz @ 1.35V | MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC | 8GB G.Skill Sniper x 2 @ 2000Mhz | MSI GTX 780 TI | Seasonic X-850 | CM Seidon 120V P+P | OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | Samsung 2TB F3 | Samsung BR DSH-B123 | Raven RV01 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G700 | Logitech Z-5500D | Logitech G930 | NZXT Sentry | Roccat Apuri | Samsung PX2370  ☜☆☞

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 09:57:18 pm »
PSU: Amacrox AX-500s

I've read the 12v rail should be within 5%, so 11.4-12.6, but mine shows 12.619-12.682 in bios (Gigabyte mobo) and same in Easy Tune 6. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows an incorrect reading of 0.64-2.75!

Is this bad? What should i do?

Errr a "safe" reaing should be within 1% of the rated voltage, according to most people.

Although most PSUs are usually always higher or lower than the rated voltage, they're usually well within the 1% margin. For example the PCP&P Silencer was consistently a few fractions of a volt lower than the rated voltage but well within tolerable levels.

Its possible that the mobo's sensor is off, but thats a dangerous assumption to make. What is WRONG however is the OUTRAGEOUS claim that Gigabyte is not a top tier mobo maker. The only brand that competes with them is ASUS. IIRC Gigabyte just took the lead in mobos shipped from ASUS. Foxconn on the other hand is a minnow in the international market. "The person" who says that foxconn is a better brand than gigabyte, or even that intel mobos are beter than gigabyte mobos is clearly spewing verbal crap.
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline gayankap

• Immortal
  • xfire id - gayan3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »
That's no better than what I have. I want a 85+ PSU :D

:D ... if u get one for 5000 rs please let me know lol ...   :P

I've read the 12v rail should be within 5%, so 11.4-12.6, but mine shows 12.619-12.682

in bios (Gigabyte mobo) and same in Easy Tune 6. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows an

incorrect reading of 0.64-2.75!

if u have already checked using a multimeter and if its showing normal v rates

plus if ur not expiriencing any shut down problems or similer problems u maybe ok ...  :idea:

but i can't say for sure ...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:34:13 pm by gka3000 »
Gave Up PC Gaming Long Time Ago - And Moved To

Sony PS4 Pro 1TB / VR Headset / 2 X Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controllers / Play Station Move / Play Station Camera / 55 Inch 4K Samsung Curved 3D Smart Tv / LG Curved Wireless Sound Bar With Wireless Sub Woofer

Offline üb3r n00b!

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 02:14:09 pm »

I've read the 12v rail should be within 5%, so 11.4-12.6, but mine shows 12.619-12.682 in bios (Gigabyte mobo) and same in Easy Tune 6. CPUID Hardware Monitor shows an incorrect reading of 0.64-2.75!

10% actually,but in such a case the vrms on the mobo would be doing too much work
a "good" unit would stay within 2-3% of the rated voltage
Nobody thinks it can happen to them,but anyone can get a PhD.
Make sure you get tested.

Thank you.

Offline captain|zulfar

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 06:28:17 pm »
i owned a ax500-s and after a year later it gave same trouble as mentioned by other people , and i had to go back for a china psu to power up my vga card because the warranty period of one year is over .

(N)

i took out the cover of my psu to look inside i saw on the wired up side of circuit a small capacitor which says 3.3 sensor on the board have got burned out heavily . i couldn't see the model of the cap in it self because it was badly melted .

:\

seems like this crap cheap psu is made by fsp group but they use there sister company logo on it , which is amacrox . whatever they do what i can think of is this product gives the same issues we face on cheap china psu models such as no display and capacitor burning out , vga card fans wont turn on and etc . i guess these dudes makes this psu with cheap capacitors and methods just to make its prize drop so that everyone can afford it .

(N)

i don't recommend this psu to anyone whose using a 4830 / 4850 / 4870 / specially 4890 which is a joke to be used with such a psu it self or neither to users of 9600 gt that use a pci express 12 v rail for the card .

:D

i use a 9600 gt and a dual core which makes it useless to over clock my system so i didn't o.c. my system at all . but since this is a 500watter if this is so much quality and good as the sellers say it is it could handle a somewhat over clocked system too . which it cant for sure because even normally running pc's gives trouble with this crap .

:sick:

probably that out of range voltage issue may have appeared with mine as well but at the moment i cant check for voltage because the psu is in dead condition completely . plus i got the no display and need to restart a few times to get display problem for a long time before its warranty ended but i kept thinking that it was maybe my motherboard or the vga card that was giving trouble .

:sick:

oh and by the way thats a nice paint job on the out side but on the inside bad paint job done . plus i dont care what those sellers think of my comment on this crap product , or if they even dont wanna read these words i have typed i don't care bout that either . my only priority is to save some once a** by wasting there money on this crap s**t product which the sellers wont clearly care about .

Therefore do not go by the M/B Bios reading if your board is not a rated board. Gigabyte may have features but among M/B its Intel / Foxconn / ASUS or Intel /ASUS /FOXCONN then MSI as leaders.

smooth move mr. egs .

:bye:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:10:30 pm by captain|zulfar »
HELLO SRI LANKA

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 06:51:42 pm »
From where are you getting 10%? 10% is WAAAY too high. I wouldn't bet on your VRMs surviving much longer.

Different companies have different tolerances, but Imo it should be within 1%. Otherwise, I dont see how they can claim to be a top tier manufacturer.

Note: as of typing this message, my +12V rail is at 12.03v.
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline captain|zulfar

• Trained Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 07:12:31 am »
at least he may survive for another couple of months lol .  :D
it seems my china psu is giving better rates on its voltage .  :P
just kidding .  :D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 07:19:16 am by captain|zulfar »
HELLO SRI LANKA

Offline üb3r n00b!

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 08:31:45 am »
From where are you getting 10%? 10% is WAAAY too high. I wouldn't bet on your VRMs surviving much longer.

Different companies have different tolerances, but Imo it should be within 1%. Otherwise, I dont see how they can claim to be a top tier manufacturer.

Note: as of typing this message, my +12V rail is at 12.03v.

did you measure that with a multi meter? if not then forget it

and i got the 10% from here [yes i made a slight mistake but 10% is still valid counts for the +12v rail] and that's what every psu manufacturer "supposedly" should adhere to.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:33:29 am by üb3r n00b! »
Nobody thinks it can happen to them,but anyone can get a PhD.
Make sure you get tested.

Thank you.

Offline gayankap

• Immortal
  • xfire id - gayan3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 04:46:01 pm »
it seems my china psu is giving better rates on its voltage .  :P
just kidding .  :D

o.0:o:D
Gave Up PC Gaming Long Time Ago - And Moved To

Sony PS4 Pro 1TB / VR Headset / 2 X Dual Shock 4 Wireless Controllers / Play Station Move / Play Station Camera / 55 Inch 4K Samsung Curved 3D Smart Tv / LG Curved Wireless Sound Bar With Wireless Sub Woofer

Offline monkey king stu

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 05:26:32 am »
Just an update to anybody who's been following this thread, my PSU is still well and kicking, and once again thanks to EGS for their excellent customer service.