Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

SRgamer

Yesterday at 07:31:19 am
i need a team to make a android game using unity. If you like to join send  a gmail to [email protected].  Also I need  to make  android app.  I have  the idea that mean basic concept to make them. So if u like  notify mee.

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:17 am
You read this - it

Julieped

November 14, 2017, 04:40:14 am
You read this - it

Show 50 latest
Members
  • Total Members: 19912
  • Latest: A27
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389408
  • Total Topics: 32145
  • Online Today: 200
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 67
Total: 69

Author Topic: HDD Issue  (Read 499 times)

Offline _Cerberus

• Noob
    • View Profile
HDD Issue
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:21:29 pm »
My original configuration was my SSD on SATA Port 0 and my WD HDD on SATA Port 2. I recently plugged in an old Hitachi HDD into Port 3 and it worked fine but in Device Manager it showed up with the same name as the WD drive. So I tried plugging the Hitachi drive into Port 1 and guess what? It doesn't show up at all! Then I tried disconnecting the Hitachi drive and plugged the WD HDD into Port 1 and Port 3 but in both cases the HDD doesn't show up. By this point I was fairly confused so I just put things back the way they were and tried the Hitachi Drive on Port 3 cz it worked that way before. Well, now it doesn't show up there as well  :\ :\
So unless my PC is performing witchcraft( and not in my favour), I don't see what's going on.....
Maybe one of you guys could help?  ???

Offline akeel12

• Noob
  • I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
Re: HDD Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 05:58:52 pm »
My original configuration was my SSD on SATA Port 0 and my WD HDD on SATA Port 2. I recently plugged in an old Hitachi HDD into Port 3 and it worked fine but in Device Manager it showed up with the same name as the WD drive. So I tried plugging the Hitachi drive into Port 1 and guess what? It doesn't show up at all! Then I tried disconnecting the Hitachi drive and plugged the WD HDD into Port 1 and Port 3 but in both cases the HDD doesn't show up. By this point I was fairly confused so I just put things back the way they were and tried the Hitachi Drive on Port 3 cz it worked that way before. Well, now it doesn't show up there as well  :\ :\
So unless my PC is performing witchcraft( and not in my favour), I don't see what's going on.....
Maybe one of you guys could help?  ???
Since no one posted, thought I'd give it a go. Looks like the Hitachi drive has failed to initialize. Right click on my computer, click manage, click disk management. Now right click on the Hitachi drive and choose MBR(master boot record) or GPT. MRB is for boot drives less than 2TB while GPT is for drives larger than 2TB. As for the same name debacle, I have no idea.

Offline _Cerberus

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:45:01 pm »
Since no one posted, thought I'd give it a go. Looks like the Hitachi drive has failed to initialize. Right click on my computer, click manage, click disk management. Now right click on the Hitachi drive and choose MBR(master boot record) or GPT. MRB is for boot drives less than 2TB while GPT is for drives larger than 2TB. As for the same name debacle, I have no idea.

Thanks for the reply but the Hitachi drive doesn't even show up in disk management. so no luck there...

Offline _Cerberus

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 12:47:18 pm »
After messing around with it for some time I finally got the drive to work.... But the original problem still exists. Both drives have the same name  :(

Offline HyperJCM

• Noob
  • Not very creative =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 01:08:46 pm »
did you try updating the driver software? or try uninstalling the software and let it install  by itself again?

Offline csm1o1

• Immortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »
how dose your bois detect/show  both drives? same name or different?
i7 4770, EVGA GTX 970, 2Gb*4 DDR3 ram, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , WD 1TB HD, OCZ agility3 90Gb SSD, OCZ Arc 100 240gb SSD, cooler master elite 430 enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, Samsung TOC 24" LCD,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse.