Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

db

Yesterday at 10:30:32 am
pretty much same grade both those plugs it wont matter which one you buy tbh it will come down to user preference :)

Legend_Killer

September 16, 2017, 01:53:19 pm
CX213 has clean vocals and great bass.Wire is not of the best quality though.

DulanKalhara

September 16, 2017, 01:21:51 am
guys, Sennheiser CX213 or SONY MDREX15AP? budget is around 2500-3000

Zer0

September 14, 2017, 12:53:04 am
Someone was selling a RX 480 for 40k.

AaidenX

September 13, 2017, 11:56:38 pm
You may be able to get a 1060/980/970/960

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 388142
  • Total Topics: 31814
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 378
  • (December 09, 2010, 07:31:23 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 151
Total: 153

Author Topic: COD4 / Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Instructions  (Read 96557 times)

Offline RamEEz

• Obo-Prime
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Crimsonfeed
Re: COD4 / Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer Instructions
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 11:43:49 am »
@ mumble where did you get your copy of COD4... when u run the game does it show that ur running v1.7?

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 02:32:12 pm »
@ mumble where did you get your copy of COD4... when u run the game does it show that ur running v1.7?

Errr... Where does it show the patch version?

May u should uninstall cod4 again then restart use a registry cleaner after that. Try the regristry cleaner that comes with tuneup utilities.

Here is the link for tuneup utilities
http://rapidshare.com/files/169101150/TuneUp2009.rar

Hope this helps (Y)

Ok.. I'll give this a try..
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline RamEEz

• Obo-Prime
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Crimsonfeed
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 03:37:38 pm »
Errr... Where does it show the patch version

bottom right hand corner
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:24:57 pm by RamEEz »

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 10:28:06 am »
I think thats the problem... My game says the version number is 1.0.525 but the 1.6 patch installer says that its 1.6.. What do I do now? Is there some file I delete to make the patch setup "forget" my old installation?

EDIT:
Found the file... C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information(Hidden) and the data for the 2 patches was in 2 separate folders

(I clicked on each setup file until I isolated 3 which were signed by activision, and removed one which was for COD Waw, not MW...)

Patching the game now... I hope it doesnt start crashing again...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:40:39 am by mumble »
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline thedarkone

• MAXimum Gamers
  • Uber Pwnage
  • "The Enemy Of My Enemy Is Still My Enemy"
    • View Profile
    • **MAXimum Gamers**
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 10:38:21 am »
Did u give registry cleaner a try mumble. ???

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 10:43:34 am »
Errr no.. Fixed taht..  The patch data wasnt in the registry.. It was in a hidden program files folder (normally those arent hidden, but I guess since installshield is a bit important, they decided to make it a bit more tamper proof)..

I just hope my previous problem (The mysterious invisible crash) doesnt return after I patch the game and update PB... Sigh have to DL that 37mb 1.6-1.7 patch.. Why did I delete it? >.<
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:51:22 am by mumble »
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline thedarkone

• MAXimum Gamers
  • Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • **MAXimum Gamers**
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 10:48:49 am »
Ela Ela (Y)

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 11:51:15 am »
Errr... Just patched it to 1.6 (waiting for 1.6-1.7 to DL), and a weird thing happened... All the patched files got moved to a different folder... So I did some butchering and moved all the files from the newly created directory to the proper one, taking care to replace individual files, and not folders, and the game seems to work (says its patched to 1.6.xxx)..

For what its worth, I found the file that probably caused my troubles earlier (code_post_gfx_mp.ff). Out of curiosity, would replacing this with someone else' file have fixed my problem?

And also, from the butchering, I also learned that the patch(1.6) does not alter "code_post_gfx_mp.ff", but replaces "localized_code_post_gfx_mp.ff (812kB)" with a 813kB file... Was this the cause of the problem? Because getting one little file would have been a lot easier than doing all of this...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:56:28 am by mumble »
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 12:17:14 pm »
Oh $#@[email protected] it! Installed the 1.6-1.7 patch and i get the hidden crash again!

I think somethings wrong with the patch because as far as i can tell, none of the files have been modified and the "version" document in the COD4 folder still says 1.6 (although the game says 1.7)... Also, another strange thin happened: After installing the 1.7 patch, my iw3mp.exe file went missing (I used the server 1.7 executable). I think the cause of the problem might be that some other files are missing too...

So I guess sometime later, when I have the time, i'll reinstall it in another location, patch it to 1.6, take note of all the files, compare it to 1.7, identify the missing files and replace them.. But if I do that, I dont think the game is "completely" patched to 1.7... arrrgh... This is driving me crazy...
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline thedarkone

• MAXimum Gamers
  • Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • **MAXimum Gamers**
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 12:37:04 pm »
Clean ur registry too just in case yar. :)

Offline RamEEz

• Obo-Prime
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Crimsonfeed
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 01:15:43 pm »
let me guess u updated to v1.6 and used the v1.7 cracks???? it would be very much easier if u get a proper copy of the COD4.. (pixel ones) should be fine... no matter how screwed up the PC is COD4 is one those games that wont screw up most of the time...... so i am really amazed by all those errors ur getting... unless your PC need thorough cleaning....

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 07:21:36 pm »
No.. I updated to 1.7 and half my files got nuked (faulty patch, I believe). I used the server fix executable because my iw3mp.exe was one of the files that got nuked...

And COD4 is the only thing screwed up on my PC.. All my other games (COD5, RA3, Crysis Warhead, CS, HL1, TFC, and even COD4 single player) all work with absolutely no problems at all. Out of cutiosity, which 1.6-1.7 patch did you use? One of them was like 1.5MB and did absolutely nothing, and the other one I tried was 37MB and screwed my game up...

And assuming I was to cave in and try another COD4, where do I find this Pixel place? I saw their game list and want to try a few of their other titles as well...
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline RamEEz

• Obo-Prime
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Crimsonfeed
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 03:54:37 pm »
Out of cutiosity, which 1.6-1.7 patch did you use? One of them was like 1.5MB and did absolutely nothing, and the other one I tried was 37MB and screwed my game up...

And assuming I was to cave in and try another COD4, where do I find this Pixel place? I saw their game list and want to try a few of their other titles as well...

OMG.... 1.5 MB???

2. Update you game to v1.6 using the v1.6 Update Patch (around 282.00 MB) (Links given below)
(v1.6 includes the new variety map pack.... 4 new maps)

3. Now Patch your game to v1.7 using the 1.6 to 1.7 update patch (Links given below)

4. Download and install the v1.7 cracked exe files (singleplayer/multiplayer) (Links given below)
note: to join a private server hosted game you DO NOT need the cracked multiplayer exe file (iw3mp.exe)
but to host a private server you need to replace the iw3mp.exe with the patched iw3mp.exe provided at gamecopyworld.com (Links given below)
if you do host a game without the proper private server patched exe file., an error will popup for players joining in with a invalid keycode error!!!
so make sure you have downloaded and replaced the proper version of the private server patch respectively to the last update.

http://www.gamer.lk/index.php/topic,1417.0.html

oh and try the nVidia's nZone link... can use download managers!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:57:14 pm by RamEEz »

Offline mumble

• Falsus Divertimento
  • Immortal
  • Sir Psycho
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 04:38:39 pm »
I think the problem may lie in the game... Something about it doesnt allow the 1.7 patch to work... The 1.7 patch did nothing except destroy the iw3mp.exe file, create a "_iw3.mp" file (4kb) and change the version shown at the bottom right hand corner to 1.7.xxx... So I think I'll use a different copy... Where can I get a copy that I can be 100% sure that it'll work?
HE-MEN.Splendid

Offline RamEEz

• Obo-Prime
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
    • View Profile
    • Crimsonfeed
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 11:51:34 am »
** first thread updated with the following

note : if the game crashes at load screen and comes up with iw3mp.exe error do the following

for most of you who is running on Onboard (realtek AC97 / HD) Audio sound pls make sure that front panel jack sensing is disabled (if u dont have anything plugged into the front) from the realtek control panel and the speaker / headphone jack is connected to the rear or speaker to the rear and the headphone to the front or vise versa...

reason being COD4 seems to crash if does not detect a sound card installed and since realtek has jacksensing enabled speakers are only enabled when the speaker/headphone jack is plugged in...

currently could not find any workaround for this apart from the above but if anyone else have an easier solution please feel free to mention.