Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

NilFBosh

Today at 05:01:30 pm
Hey guys, this might be bit of a random question. So apparently Ralph Lauren polos are imported from Sri Lanka and I was wondering whether they sold any here, even the ones with small factory defects.

Chamod

November 22, 2017, 08:32:16 pm
NFS Payback origin code for sale.  :)

SRgamer

November 21, 2017, 07:31:19 am
i need a team to make a android game using unity. If you like to join send  a gmail to [email protected].  Also I need  to make  android app.  I have  the idea that mean basic concept to make them. So if u like  notify mee.

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:14 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Julieped

November 16, 2017, 11:22:12 pm
This message is posted here using XRumer + XEvil 4.0
XEvil 4.0 is a revolutionary application that can bypass almost any anti-botnet protection.
Captcha Recognition Google (ReCaptcha-1, ReCaptcha-2), Facebook, Yandex, VKontakte, Captcha Com and over 8.4 million other types!
You read this - it

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 389447
  • Total Topics: 32153
  • Online Today: 206
  • Online Ever: 385
  • (November 12, 2017, 08:13:02 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Author Topic: [CnC3] Tiberium Wars - Discuss the campaign story - WARNING SPOILERS  (Read 8147 times)

Offline Viktor

• KTHX
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • FUBAR
    • View Profile
Highlight the text below to read. WARNING : SPOILERS. Don't read if you haven't played the game yet.

Aliens and Liquid Tiberium ftw.

Finished the GDI campaign last night. Taking a break before I start the Nod campaign so I thought of writing about the GDI campaign while the thoughts were still fresh in my mind (its so fresh that i dreamt about my firehawks pwning the scrin mothership and the juggernauts raping the scrin node...) :D

ACT 1, 11 & 111

The story in these 3 acts revolve around Nod. I found these stages to be very similar to RA2. In RA2 the soviets attack the US and they are caught completely by surprise. The same happens here. Just a switch of names. The missions are also pretty similar. Especially in ACT 1. Recapture the Pentagon and the White House. Didn't we do the same thing in RA2????

The missions in Egypt are pretty cool. Especially the tactical mission with the commando and sniper team. I shall discuss the Kane issue later on. Other than that theres nothing much to speak of in these 3 acts. The real game starts in Act IV & V.

Act IV & V

Remember the hype of a new race? well it ends here. :D

The landscape in Europe seems to be straight of the movie "War of the Worlds". The scrin even have a unit just like the strider from War of the Worlds ... lol. :D Headcrabs (remember HL?) seem to have found their way in CnC3 as well. Though they aren't literally headcrabs they certainly look like them. Oh and the shields ... lol ... straight out of Halo. (remember the shields used by the aliens which deflect blasters?). Overall its pretty decent. But in my opinion they should have been a bit more original. 

Didn't have time to review them yet. Will post again when I do.

Well that's all for now. A lot more to write but I hear Kane calling my name :D.

"You cant kill the Messiah"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 05:52:29 pm by Rav »

Offline raven

• Pwnage
  • The fools will not hinder me
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
Re: GDI campaign Discussion -[SPOILER]
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:05:11 pm »
ha ha o finished the campaign yesterday...started the nod campaign today...very interesting and cooool......the scrin entry is very dramatic....the scrin air attacks are very annoyin cos they have greater range than our AA batteries..always need to commit firehawks to killem along with pitbulls....but the best part is i steamroll over there bases with mamoth tanks...thats awesome...in the last mission i had juggernauts, mamoths and avatars as well....it was stunning....the scrin storm generators are quite formidable. but they seem to lack the mobile firepower....apart from devastators i didnt find anything else interesting against GDI armour....but i didnt play scrin yet...so have to wait...........

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:43:55 pm »
Finished GDI today. I'll just jot down what stood out for me

Good
Steamrolling with mammoths is mad fun !
Firehawk rushes also mad fun
All the girls in the FMV's are hot/cute :D
The first mission against the aliens - awesom ambience to it.
Effects and explosion are awesom, especially with an army of mammoths

Bad
FMV's are boring
Alien invasion wasn't dramatic enough - they should have done a lot more with that
Missions are too easy
GDI ending was a let down - more drama please

About to start NOD campaign now.

Offline raven

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:38:46 pm »
i finished the GDI Campaign. Now playing in the act 4 of the nod campaign.......so far the nod stealth tanks and avatars are awesome. but the story seems to be better than that of the GDI...GDI storyline is very predictable...

i agree...the first few mission against the aliens are great...environment is set up nicely.specially the random dog fights between the firehawks and the scrin fighters

if used properly the shadow teams can be very useful for tactical assault...also the vertigp bomber is cool...

Offline Viktor

• KTHX
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • FUBAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 09:57:30 am »
Did anyone try using the T bomb in the last mission? Did anyone manage to diver the alien mothership to the Nod base? Dying to know what its like :D

Offline mew_lobo

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 11:15:27 am »
Didn't use the T-Bomb...... captured a Temple of NOD. Took 2 nuclear strikes......... Managed to divert the Scrin Mothership by destroying the 2 NOD...mm... somethings.....  But the mothership comes back later.........so be prepared to defend the skies........!!!! If that thing gets to ur base ur effed :)

I finished the GDI campaign. Love the mammoth tanks, especially after the rail gun upgrade, and the firehawks....... especially when firehawks are in Air-to-air mode.... Juggernaugts are great too.... with couple of Mammoths and juggernaugts, with firehawks for air support, u can do some serious damage to ur enemies.... :D

Just started NOD..... jus finishd the prologue......... Slowing down coz of the holidays (goin home) and afterwards got exams. :-( 

Anybody finished NOD and gone through to the SCRIN campaign....??? :D

Offline Viktor

• KTHX
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • FUBAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 11:24:24 am »
I'm currently in Act 5 of the Nod campaign. The story so far is much much better than the GDI campaign. GDI does have some serious firepower with the mammoth, jugger and firehawk combo. Trying to find a similar combo for Nod, but Avatars don't in anyway match the mammoths. But their vertigo bomber is awesome. In terms of air power i think Nod outdoes GDI. True the firehawks are awesome in air-to-air combat but the Venom is better because it doesn't have to reload.

Scrin campaign? Is it a hidden campaign? Ha vent heard anything about such a campaign. If you have more info please post it here.

Offline mew_lobo

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 01:08:48 pm »
The SCRIN campaign is supposed to be unlocked when u finish both the GDI and NOD campaigns...... Let us know when u get there...:)

Offline mew_lobo

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 01:14:59 pm »

Offline Viktor

• KTHX
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • FUBAR
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 03:02:26 pm »
Thanks for the info mew_lobo. :D lol Rav, Im not waiting for you...the scrin call my name :D :D

Offline raven

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
Re: [CnC3] GDI campaign Discussion -[SPOILER]
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 05:33:56 pm »
i finished both campaigns and the scrin campaign is on halt cos of exams and addiction to skirmish...the nod ending set a real good base to expand the story line in a future release. I also heard that a book will be released on this....cnt wait t get hold of it

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
Re: [CnC3] GDI campaign Discussion -[SPOILER]
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 05:48:40 pm »
I finished the scrin campaign also. It brings to light their perspective of the invasion of Earth etc... pretty cool

Spoilers ahead - select text to read xD

GDI's nuking of the Temple of Nod was something Kane wanted done, since the Tiberium Weapon he had beneath the temple needed a big enough explosion to be set off. He predicted that the Scrin scouts would detect this explosion and commence invasion of Earth.

The thing is, the Scrin were expecting the whole of Earth to be engulfed in Tiberium before any such blast occured, wiping out the entire human race and preparing Earth for proper harvesting. Since the explosion was premature, hardly any damage was done to the human race as a whole, and resistance against the Scrin was severe when they arrived on Earth. In the Scrin campaign you can see how the status goes from shock and awe tactics to scare the human populace to more offensive tactics when they meet resistance from the GDI etc, and finally escape from Earth via the huge structures they build.

What's most interesting story-wise is Kane, his "inner circle" and then, Scrins interest in Kane once they find his video message about bringing the Scrin to Earth. And also the final comment from the Scrin dude where he talks about a full invasion of Earth - CnC 4 anyone :D ?

All in all, it's a pretty interesting story. Very Battlestar Galactica like :D

Offline raven

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
Re: [CnC3] Tiberium Wars - Discuss the campaign story - WARNING SPOILERS
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 09:56:02 pm »
they have set the story base nicely for cnc 4.....very interesting..........however i dnt like the scrin ground units other than the devour tank and the tripod.....

Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 10:20:30 pm »
Hey, let's try to seperate story discussions from gameplay discussions. Let's stick to the story on this and gameplay on this - http://www.gamer.lk/index.php/topic,119.0.html

Offline raven

• Pwnage
    • View Profile
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 09:32:06 am »
Did anyone try using the T bomb in the last mission? Did anyone manage to diver the alien mothership to the Nod base? Dying to know what its like :D

i did u the t bomb.i loaded the game again from a save after i finished it the normal way. its nothin much....its too easy if u use the t-bomb. u can target it even on the places covered with the fog of war. so after the t-bomb is deployed the game is over. the guy who wants it deplyed promoted us as the commander of gdi forces instead of granger and thats it. but the conventional way is far too fun...i used a combined nod gdi force to destroy the control nod...avatars,stealth tanks and mamoth tanks..it couldnt have been better