Shoutbox

Last 5 Shouts:

Jiehfeng

Yesterday at 07:33:26 am
@Eldariooon I'll be buying it soon.

De Firenze

Yesterday at 12:15:53 am
What will be the market value of a brand new i7 6700HQ,8GB,960m,128ssd,1tb,.. "gaming" lap.

Eldariooon

July 23, 2017, 06:58:37 pm
Anyone playing Splatoon 2  ? Looking for 2 more players to 4v4.

king solomon

July 23, 2017, 05:22:52 pm
nope it's good for ppl with 17" inch monitors, and there are lot out there ;D

Legend_Killer

July 23, 2017, 04:03:02 pm
GT 730 is useless unless it's at least 12GB

Show 50 latest
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 386789
  • Total Topics: 31495
  • Online Today: 220
  • Online Ever: 378
  • (December 09, 2010, 07:31:23 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 163
Total: 165

Author Topic: Gamer.LK Discord Server  (Read 451 times)

Offline R_L

• Death Company
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Xiphos eSports
    • View Profile
    • GameLadders.LK

Offline amjad33

• Uber Pwnage
    • View Profile
Re: Gamer.LK Discord Server
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:22:28 pm »
Finally. Thanks
Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.0GHz|Gigabyte B85M-D3H|Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2x4GB)|SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 480|Seasonic G550W 80+ Gold|Raidmax Super Viper Red (Its black now)|Samsung 850 Evo 250GB with 1TB+2TB HDD|Gigabyte Force K85|Logitech G402|SteelSeries QcK Heavy|Logitech F310|Superlux HD668B

Offline haZh

• Noob
  • Join with me at: discord.grenade.ga
    • View Profile
    • Grenade Gaming
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:30:18 am »
It's about time that you guys move to Discord. TeamSpeak 3 is slowly fading away due to their own crappy business model. VOIP or chat softwares aren't a big deal anymore, it's like Facebook, everything is getting free for the mainstream. Not to mention Discord is actually the next level or how should I call it, like the "modern gamer" type thing and it offers way more features than any TeamSpeak 3 server. Discord API is also something that your site can use for logins, and verify identities of people both in your Discord and here in the forum. By the way, I also don't see any usable text channels in your Discord, makes sense because maybe you guys wanted to move all the text activity into the forum? Not everyone like to use the mic/voice activity though. ;)
Grenade Gaming Counter Strike 1.6 Servers: #sri #lanka #sl #lk

Offline R_L

• Death Company
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Xiphos eSports
    • View Profile
    • GameLadders.LK
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:47:03 pm »
It's about time that you guys move to Discord. TeamSpeak 3 is slowly fading away due to their own crappy business model. VOIP or chat softwares aren't a big deal anymore, it's like Facebook, everything is getting free for the mainstream. Not to mention Discord is actually the next level or how should I call it, like the "modern gamer" type thing and it offers way more features than any TeamSpeak 3 server. Discord API is also something that your site can use for logins, and verify identities of people both in your Discord and here in the forum. By the way, I also don't see any usable text channels in your Discord, makes sense because maybe you guys wanted to move all the text activity into the forum? Not everyone like to use the mic/voice activity though. ;)

We actually had the Discord server up for testing since when they released but it wasn't that good back then. It has improved a lot now which is why we made it public. Regarding API, etc, good suggestions and we have been checking out some of the features even with bots.

About text channels, what suggestions for text channels do you have? True we want the forum and our social media community groups to be used for discussion mostly but if there is anything we can do to include or improve on the Discord server we would like to know.

Offline haZh

• Noob
    • View Profile
    • Grenade Gaming
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 10:20:34 pm »
About text channels, what suggestions for text channels do you have?
Don't have an exact suggestion about it right now, but just wanted to ask. Anyways, good luck with the server, I see some users actually using it and trying to adapt.

Offline R_L

• Death Company
  • Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Xiphos eSports
    • View Profile
    • GameLadders.LK
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 12:02:07 pm »
We have added a "SCRIM" channel. Would Discord be a viable solution for COD4 gamers who do not have a proper client like Xfire to communicate on anymore? Discord does tie into games, etc directly and has a streamer/overlay mode as well. Thoughts? Feedback appreciated.

Oh and we do have an amazing Music bot with a great taste of music.

Offline haZh

• Noob
    • View Profile
    • Grenade Gaming
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 06:38:05 pm »
Would Discord be a viable solution for COD4 gamers who do not have a proper client like Xfire to communicate on anymore?
Hell yeah it is bruh. Specially for all those cracked gamers, finally some professional client to look at. Xfire? pfft...