Offline Asiri

• Computers <3
    • View Profile
Re: GTX 1080 Ti for 20,000Rs on Ikman Scam! New Dialog eZCash scammer!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 10:04:42 am »
Me wage *****yonwa allala marenakam gahanna one pakkunta...earlier also these thibgs happend via commercial bank acc and sudenly he vanished ..
Teach Ur Kids to Build PCS... So that They Will Not Have Money Or Time For DRUGS and WHORES...

Offline Asiri

• Computers <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 10:05:51 am »
And there is another one which says they will send items from usa etc..saw some ps4s iphones tvs etc
Teach Ur Kids to Build PCS... So that They Will Not Have Money Or Time For DRUGS and WHORES...

Offline deva930

• I love my Logitech z313
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 01:19:41 pm »
And there is another one which says they will send items from usa etc..saw some ps4s iphones tvs etc

Machan when you find such Ads post the links here and expose them.
we must come together and stop this manace!
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 01:24:30 pm »
Some basic advice, if you see an item that goes for about 150k for 20k be very careful about it, never pay in advance and never visit them or invite to deliver said item to you personally. Agree to meet at a public location and do the deal.

Also if you get scammed the first thing to do is report it to the police, not the central bank, cert or posting details here.
EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Intel Core i7-6700 | Asus Z170-A | HyperX Fury 2666 2x8Gb | EVGA 550G2 | Cooler Master 431 | Logitech KB n Mouse | Samsung B2430H | XBox One S Controller

PSN:

Offline deva930

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 01:37:54 pm »
Also if you get scammed the first thing to do is report it to the police, not the central bank, cert or posting details here.

I made a complaint to the police that was the first thing I did. Unfortunately they said its pointless to complain to them anyways I did it. I have uploaded the receipt here seems you have missed it;

I disagree with you. We must report to those institutions and also make post like this to inform people I have been already contacted by people who have got scammed by these rascals. When all people come together we put pressure on the authorities to take action.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 11:39:30 pm »
I made a complaint to the police that was the first thing I did. Unfortunately they said its pointless to complain to them anyways I did it. I have uploaded the receipt here seems you have missed it;

I disagree with you. We must report to those institutions and also make post like this to inform people I have been already contacted by people who have got scammed by these rascals. When all people come together we put pressure on the authorities to take action.

bringing issues like these to light is the best way for them to get noticed by authorities and public, which would hopefully lead to something being done about it. doing nothing and saying that's just the way things are only lead to more people getting scammed.
I say keep at it until you get something done, and I hope you could update this thread as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:42:10 pm by bitviper »
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 02:03:50 pm »
https://ikman.lk/en/ad/gtx-ti-1080-for-sale-colombo-149 - Here's another fresh ad for you - name given is Jeewa and number is 0769655256.

Its too bad the Police aren't even interested in looking into the matter. This should be something that falls under their domain. Since it is a fraud initiated through an online portal, would this fall under the jurisdiction of a particular branch of the Police department? Maybe a Cyber Crimes department? I'm not sure, if that even exists but maybe it does.

It would be a minor hassle to pursue this person but its not beyond the existing techniques the Police have as far locating people goes.

I hope there's a resolution to this problem for you and anyone else who has been affected.

Good luck!

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 03:47:23 pm »
dude no offence but it seemed as an obvious scam considering the prices.
No way he could sell something around 150k for 10k.

Almost all the things he said had red alerts & you should've been more cautious.
I don't know much could be done tbh but learn a lesson from it & be more cautious

This almost feel like some kind of ransom money drop from a movie

btw contact dialog as well and give them the details.
Ez cash money should be withdrawn via an ATM as far as I know.
So if they know the account number they could check through which ATM did they withdraw the money. And at ATMs there are cameras.
So it could lead into something
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:51:07 pm by Alucard »
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula | Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB GDDR5 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 2400MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad

Offline deva930

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 05:30:24 pm »
https://ikman.lk/en/ad/gtx-ti-1080-for-sale-colombo-149 - Here's another fresh ad for you - name given is Jeewa and number is 0769655256.

Its too bad the Police aren't even interested in looking into the matter. This should be something that falls under their domain. Since it is a fraud initiated through an online portal, would this fall under the jurisdiction of a particular branch of the Police department? Maybe a Cyber Crimes department? I'm not sure, if that even exists but maybe it does.

It would be a minor hassle to pursue this person but its not beyond the existing techniques the Police have as far locating people goes.

I hope there's a resolution to this problem for you and anyone else who has been affected.

Good luck!

Thanks man found more ads for this number but all have been deleted same items
playstation pro
apple iphone xplus and the gtx 1080ti
i will add to my list.

Yeah the CERT responded and they gave me a phone number of the CID COMPUTER CRIME DIVISION . I will contact them soon after collecting evidence and make the case
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:45:32 pm by deva930 »

Offline deva930

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 05:39:53 pm »
dude no offence but it seemed as an obvious scam considering the prices.
No way he could sell something around 150k for 10k.

Almost all the things he said had red alerts & you should've been more cautious.
I don't know much could be done tbh but learn a lesson from it & be more cautious

This almost feel like some kind of ransom money drop from a movie

btw contact dialog as well and give them the details.
Ez cash money should be withdrawn via an ATM as far as I know.
So if they know the account number they could check through which ATM did they withdraw the money. And at ATMs there are cameras.
So it could lead into something

I went to dialog head office at union place today with my receipt. They inform me that phone number of the scammer have been block after i reported it to them via email.
Unfortunately they said they can not return the money because the scammer already have withdrawn it.

It is a shame such payment system exist without protection to payment senders. For example paypal hold the funds for at least 14 days for new accounts and if a customer complain they can return it.

For classic account of ezCash I think there should be such restriction at least for 10 days they should hold the money and not allow them to withdraw as soon as they recieve the money.

So when a fraud happen the customer can complain to dialog and they can investigate and refund quickly without letting the customer make a complain to the police and wait forever till the thief is captured.

They said the only thing they can do is when the police request the info from them they will provide it other than that they are not willing to pay back the lost money from their own pockets. The only way I will get the money is when the police capture the thief and make him pay from his own pocket or else make him pay with a jail sentence

I just dont want to be cautious and be silence I want to spread the word and make awareness and make the Central Bank rethink their approval for eZCash payment system which has become a pirating tool for organized criminals to steal money from innocent people.. Those dirty loop holes make it possible. Need tight regulation.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:53:02 pm by deva930 »
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 07:21:08 pm »
I just dont want to be cautious and be silence I want to spread the word and make awareness and make the Central Bank rethink their approval for eZCash payment system which has become a pirating tool for organized criminals to steal money from innocent people.. Those dirty loop holes make it possible. Need tight regulation.

That's the last thing we need.
Ez cash has been one of the very few sources available for us as a method to get online money without much hassle.
It's a hassle already believe me but we don't need any more regulations or restrictions, considering where the country is heading right now.

On one side we have a bunch of gullible idiots who gets easily trapped for such third class scams while on the other side we've got another bunch of scumbag tricksters who does such things for cheap profit & tarnish the name of the country.
So pathetic
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz | Asus ROG Maximus VII Formula | Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Toxic 3GB GDDR5 | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB(2x 4GB) DDR3 2400MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | FSP Aurum PT650 80+ Platinum  | Corsair Graphite 760T White | Asus  23" LED Backlit IPS | Logitech Z323 | Sennheiser PC363D 7.1 USB Gaming Headset | Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad

Offline deva930

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 07:41:06 pm »
On one side we have a bunch of gullible idiots who gets easily trapped for such third class scams

Do not blame the victims you have no idea the suffering of them. do not say they are idiots! Need to cover the loop holes that's all...!

were you aware such a scam exist on Ikman.lk until I expose it
I work hard to expose the criminals an make people aware!
That is what you should do not blaming the victims.

Besides that if you or any company dont invest time money and skill to make a fool proof payment system software we dont want them to introduce such junk and call it innovative technology...!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:47:45 pm by deva930 »

Offline deva930

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 08:03:00 pm »
Alucard have you not been following the news lately

Sri Lanka is already high risk” country for money laundering.
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/180218/sunday-times-2/money-laundering-why-lanka-is-listed-among-high-risk-countries-282245.html

CB action plan to fulfil global anti-money laundering requirements
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/180218/business-times/cb-action-plan-to-fulfil-global-anti-money-laundering-requirements-281871.html

One reason being are those Junk payment software with those dirty loop hole like eZCash. makes hassle free money laundering.

I will push the central bank and they will consider my case when they make those policies to strengthen our monetary payment system and make it much more safer.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:04:39 pm by deva930 »

Offline deva930

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 02:41:00 pm »
two more numbers added!
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 08:30:16 am »
I agree that companies need to be better at dealing with fraud response but Ikman does specifically warn about prices being too good to be true.

We need a certain degree of buyer - saviness too, not clamping down on the systems we have.
i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz | Gigabyte 1070 | 16GB | Roccat Kone+