buykorea.lk reliable?
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:47:15 am »
I found GTX 970 for a good price there but they say if i want it delivered I have to deposit the amount to them. But are they trustworthy I mean depositing the whole amount and what if they trick me. Has anyone ordered from them to know how they are. And has anyone encountered any issues with their items.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:37:17 am by XtremeGamerHD »

Offline asrock

• I love Gamer.LK :)
    • View Profile
Re: buylanka.lk reliable?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:34:17 am »
Doesn't look legit. I can't even find any domain registration information  :no:
Re: buylanka.lk reliable?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:36:59 am »
Doesn't look legit. I can't even find any domain registration information  :no:

Oh crap sorry wrong website...mistake. it's buykorea.lk I'm an idiot

Offline asrock

• View Profile
Re: buykorea.lk reliable?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 07:21:36 pm »
Better than the last one, but still something doesn't look right. Imho if they are legit they should have the option to pay on delivery. Since the address is there why don't you pay them a visit. How much is the 970 anyway?
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 07:39:32 pm »
https://buykorea.lk/ that's the site. Selling it for 27,500/-.. sound too good to be true...but could be legit as they say 3 months warranty  :\
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 09:06:18 pm »
Better than the last one, but still something doesn't look right. Imho if they are legit they should have the option to pay on delivery. Since the address is there why don't you pay them a visit. How much is the 970 anyway?

Yes the address is there so they said I can come and pay but it will take 10 days since they order it from Korea and it's us ed that is why it is 27500.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 09:08:01 pm »
https://buykorea.lk/ that's the site. Selling it for 27,500/-.. sound too good to be true...but could be legit as they say 3 months warranty  :\

Ya that price is cause it's used and it is a very good brand with the best overclockable GPU's. But not recognised like ASUS or MSI and all. Also they say warranty so yeah maybe legit and some people here say they have bought it but i wanna know if they paid before delivery or paid at their shop
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 03:26:41 pm »
I wondered if they're legit too, suspected they're just reflowing broken cards and selling them as refurbs. so I bought an ASUS gtx 660 OC. I went to their place in Piliyandala, paid 8k and was told they'd give me a call when it arrived from their warehouse in Korea, could be anywhere between 5 days to 2 weeks but usually within 10 days they said. After 10 long days I still didn't receive a call, so I called them. They told me the card had arrived and they were unable to get through to me on both numbers (highly unlikely but whatever). I went to collect it within a few hours. It came packaged in clean bubble wrap, no accessories but the card looked brand new if not for the slightly faded red paint lines. I checked the capacitors, the heat pipes, heatsink, fans, etc everything looked perfect - no corrosion, burns or scratches. Took it home and tested it right away. First made sure the fans were working, the 6 pin connector light was green, and I did a quick sniff test to make sure nothing was burning lol. After installing the drivers, checked gpu-z to make sure everything matched product specs (previously heard of a scam that replaces older model gpus on newer pcbs) all the clocks were spot on , checked temps and it sat stable at around 39 C. In game it maxed at 61 C so no heat issues whatsoever. It performed great too, steady fps on high settings. It's been 3 weeks now and it's still working exactly the same. It crashed only once but recovered without having to restart. Really can't tell if it's a reflowed card tho, coz from what I've read, reflowed cards can last around 3-6 months with no issues. So yeah, it's a legit procedure, u do get the card u ordered but it takes a long time to come and u can't be sure how long the cards will last. It's a gamble.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:06:29 pm by Sourjah »

Offline asrock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 04:19:52 pm »
Thanks mate that's good to know. (Y)
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 07:34:43 pm »
Thanks a lot man. I needed to know that, but don't they deliver it to my place cause I can't go to Colombo twice. I have classes starting too. I used to live in Colombo but now moved to Kandy. So do they deliver if I tell them?
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:52 pm »
They mention delivery on their ads, but it's not free. I live in Piliyandala (same city as them) and even then they said delivery will cost 200. They also said it might take an extra day or 2, so I said nvm I'll come pick it up. I highly doubt they deliver to Kandy, but u can check with them on fb chat.
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 12:52:40 am »
i see ok then I will do that and can you keep me updated just in case if something comes up with the GPU? That would be great help :)

Offline king solomon

• I'm not An Accountant, So Money is irrelevent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 01:14:23 pm »
they used to be Kingston technologies with 3 big branches, kurunagala, homagama and gall, then they moved its head office to Horana, brought a big building and stuff, i brought some stuff from horana branch. after big flood came last year they relocated their computer branch to piliandala and went online, horana head office now sell kitech applications, clothes and stuff, dont know how they do now.

the place is good i usually buy VGA cards and mobos as a whole sale customer, but they do have repaired items for sale, and most of time warranty items are not much good coz they are locally repaired.

GTX 660 is very well priced but new cards are not realistically priced. 

Items come from Korea. which computers thrown away by koreans, some times they throw way new pcs, like moving from location to location.

from korea if u were a resident there u can import items here without big tax as moving to sri lanka from Korea, as home used stuff,,, its a big biz now,

when u buy from them sniff items fro Thermal paste, paint thinner, and look more carefully.

now zero can came here and say these are garbage and bla bla bla,,, not everyone in sri lanka can buy a brand new pc dude... What can u give to match 660GTX brand new for 8k or 10k? nothing,,, GT1030 does not support analog signals...
When "0" try be "HERO", World Become "0".........