Offline Rav

• KTHX!
  • Gamer.LK
    • View Profile
Elements on Gamer.LK
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:23:12 am »
Gamer.LK would like to warmly welcome the members and administration of the Elements Gaming Cafe as we open up this section specially dedicated to them.

Elements is one of the few gaming cafes in Sri Lanka striving to bring international standards to competitive computer gaming in the country - a goal that is shared by us at Gamer.LK as well.

This section can be accessed using - http://elements.gamer.lk. We hope everyone enjoys this new oppotunity to interact :)

Thank you,
Gamer.LK admin team
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:12:47 pm by Rav »
Re: Elements on Gamer.LK
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:14:04 am »
(Y)

Welcome to GLK. :)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:19 am »
Ela glad to hear that :)
Youtube Channel with 87 Million Views and over 45000 Subscribers

Checkout my Youtube Channel for Daily Gaming Video

http://www.youtube.com/user/LioNKoLLA
https://www.facebook.com/LioNKoLLEK/
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 08:49:28 am »
thats very nice to hear ^_^

Offline riptide

• KTHX
  • Real men play RTS.
    • View Profile
    • gamer.lk
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:13:34 am »
They also have Starcraft. How cool is that? ^^

Edit: I think it's cool that the owners are gamers themselves. Rav and I played a few 2v2s with one of them, and it was mad fun.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:15:15 am by riptide »
Please read the Forum RMF.
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 09:15:09 am »
yea one of the few gaming cafes not stuck to just cs and warcraft, i commend the owner,he good guy ^^

Offline bk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 11:33:02 am »
Hi Guys,

First of all a big "THANKS" to Rav & Riptide for all the help.

I liked to say that we would like to use this section not to just promote Elements Cafe but to basically cater to what the gamers want from us. So please feel free to tell us what you like to see happen at Elements because we all share the same goal of promoting gaming in SL.

So keep you eyes on this section for our upcoming events and tournaments.

PS Thanx gladiator but there are 2 owners  :)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:34:34 am by bk »

Offline Onca

• kthx. [FD]
  • 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 02:09:42 pm »
They also have Starcraft. How cool is that? ^^

Edit: I think it's cool that the owners are gamers themselves. Rav and I played a few 2v2s with one of them, and it was mad fun.
zomgz, this is right next to my house, should go. WHy havent i noticed this before O_O
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:19 pm »
So i'm gonna tell state few things i dont like about your cafe,but mind you the good about your cafe is far more.
1. Too much shouting, i mean if the shouting is funny i find it okay to laugh along :P but when noobs start shouting swearing 24/7 it is so dam annoying.

2. smoking. really pisses me off, research states nearby ppl get affected more than the smoker himself :P (im not sure whether you guys allow smoking inside the gaming area but i suggest you completely ban smoking in the whole building area. So smokers gotta go out. Last time i came for tourny when i waited in the 'eating area' there were lots of ppl smoking. So if you can at least ban smoking during tourny times inside the building would be great.)

3.The gaming area is a little dull.(ground zero cafe has these cool blue lightings which you gives the cafe a much better impression.your cafe has that dark lonely feeling look inside lol :P
something like this background wont be bad

but of course you gotta think of light bill then :P
tunnel music would uplift things too
Have more gaming posters make the place really cool.
Well thats about it xD
thanks
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 02:40:17 pm »
oh forgot to add few things
*have toplists of best players and teams to encourage more competition between players,setup a clan a list like at glk and make a league like GCCL.Create tournies for even at least low cash prices,something is better than nothing.only few tournies happen in SL and i suppose everyone wants to prove themselves even for little prizes.

Offline MCK

• Death Company
  • Look into my eyessss....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 02:54:21 pm »
oh forgot to add few things
*have toplists of best players and teams to encourage more competition between players,setup a clan a list like at glk and make a league like GCCL.Create tournies for even at least low cash prices,something is better than nothing.only few tournies happen in SL and i suppose everyone wants to prove themselves even for little prizes.

Wow man your ideas are great.
Yes there must be a gaming environment for gamers at a gaming place.
Some may say that if they concentrate then there will be no problem. But the thing is concentration is not everything and that concept is only applicable for few people.
Why need of shout when there is a chat utility in the game? o.O
game is not just a game for shoot or race or whatever.
It's a game for people who get maximum the use of the every available option.
Like change the difficulty and play again from the beginning. That makes to fool the game :yes:
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 03:01:58 pm »
Well i mean its alright to talk,but shouting is something far different,pain in the ears.
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 04:02:18 pm »
err.......
 where is this place located ?
i7 4770, EVGA GTX 970, 2Gb*4 DDR3 ram, Creative X-fi fatality champion pro sound card, Asus Z97-PRO GAMER , WD 1TB HD, OCZ agility3 90Gb SSD, OCZ Arc 100 240gb SSD, cooler master elite 430 enclosure, Logitech Z5500 sound system, Samsung TOC 24" LCD,Corsair STRAFE RGB MX RED key board, Logitec G502 protius core mouse.

Offline bk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 04:25:17 pm »
hey gladiator,

thanx for u're comments,

1. shouting - err bit difficult to keep it down but i do know what u mean
2. smoking has been moved out of the building - did that sometime last week :)
3. Have been waiting for some posters with game / hardware themed by Asus but point taken. Lighting, there are differing views some like it but obviously some don't ;)
4. Yes we have been trying to get a ladder going but will look into soon - tournaments are definitely going to happen. Even the lesser played games ie starcraft, C&C etc

And csm1o1 it's 167, Havelock Road, Col 5 near RI.

please keep the ideas coming, might not be able to have them all work out but we are open to suggestions.

thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 04:28:45 pm by bk »
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 05:34:47 pm »
Lighting, there are differing views some like it but obviously some don't ;)
dude im not talking about bright lighting,im talking about shades of light just like at ground zero
a lil like this

you know its not that light emittive,keeps it pretty dark and lighted up at the same time
i cudnt find the perfect example though, the lights at ground zero are just cool in my point of view and many other ppl i've met as well.